2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Anyone know how big Harmon is? He’s an excellent blocker as a receiver. Wondering if he could pack on 15 to 20 pounds if he could convert to TE? Kind of like Darren Waller with the raiders, he’s ballin!

6’2, 215, he's built like Garcon. He'd have to put on 20-30 pounds at the least to play TE, like Paul did 6 years ago.

Here’s a crazy idea, let’s draft a TE at some point in the 2020 draft to compete with Sprinkle to be the starting TE!

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Anyone know how big Harmon is? He’s an excellent blocker as a receiver. Wondering if he could pack on 15 to 20 pounds if he could convert to TE? Kind of like Darren Waller with the raiders, he’s ballin!

I’d rather him stay at receiver unless we end up with Jeudy. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’d rather him stay at receiver unless we end up with Jeudy. 

I think Harmon should stay at WR no matter what, unless he’s not going to make the team next year - which I can’t imagine. The only reason Niles Paul was asked to put on 20 pounds and moved to TE by the Shanahan’s bc otherwise in 2012 he was going to be cut unless he agree to do that. They liked Paul for his special teams, but weren’t going to keep a 7th WR just for that. So, they moved Paul to TE.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If we were to draft him I hope they switch to a 4-3 D and let him do what he's doing in these highlights. Attack the QB with his hands in the dirt. Don't move him to OLB. 

Also trading Kerrigan would come up again after he's drafted and the move to 4-3 is made. RE Young, DT Allen, DT Payne, LE Matt with Sweat coming off the bench. 

Edited by Skins212689

8 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

If we were to draft him I hope they switch to a 4-3 D and let him do what he's doing in these highlights. Attack the QB with his hands in the dirt. Don't move him to OLB. 

Also trading Kerrigan would come up again after he's drafted and the move to 4-3 is made. RE Young, DT Allen, DT Payne, LE Matt with Sweat coming off the bench. 

I’d be shocked if we aren’t back in a 4-3 next year. 

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’d be shocked if we aren’t back in a 4-3 next year. 

Me too - and then magically we’ll have a top 10 D again! (Where’s the old emoji eye roll when you need it) but in either scheme Chase Young is going to be the teams dominate pass rusher. Even if we stay in the 3-4, Young will be rushing the passer 90% plus of the time like Kerrigan has been since we drafted him.

I’ll save you guys some heartbreak early: we’re not taking Chase Young, so don’t get your hopes up. Keim said he’s heard they want to extend Kerrigan, want him to retire as a Redskin. Prepare yourselves for the reach at LT to protect “their guy” with Young on the board. The best we can hope for is a trade down. 

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I’ll save you guys some heartbreak early: we’re not taking Chase Young, so don’t get your hopes up. Keim said he’s heard they want to extend Kerrigan, want him to retire as a Redskin. Prepare yourselves for the reach at LT to protect “their guy” with Young on the board. The best we can hope for is a trade down. 

I disagree. If they have a shot at the hometown kid they will take him. I just can’t imagine a team that loves star players passing on Chase Young. But I think there’s a good chance he’s the first pick in the draft. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. If they have a shot at the hometown kid they will take him. I just can’t imagine a team that loves star players passing on Chase Young. But I think there’s a good chance he’s the first pick in the draft. 

Well, at least I can say I tried to save you from the inevitable disappointment. 

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Andrew Thomas wouldn't be a reach.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don’t think Andrew Thomas is a reach, he’s a top 5 prospect but if we take him at 3, he won’t be the BPA.