A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

57 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

There might be 4 first round QBs. 

Burrows , Tua, Herbert, and Fromm. 

Maybe 5 if Love or Ellinger rise enough. 

Fromm might be the best fit for how we play. 

I like Burrows the most. We should be able to get one of those guys. 

I haven't watched Burrows, Herbert, Love, or Ehlinger this season.  But, from the fact that he came in as QB 1B, and has thrown 14 TDs to no INTs this season, he's safely top 5.  Tua has enough good tape to be in the same boat, IMO.  Even if one of the others rises, and rises high, it's really hard for me to imagine either of them falling to us (bad as we've looked the last two games, we know how uneven the Titans play, so we might be in the top 10, but not top 5).

I agree so far with Fromm.  He's accurate, which is one of Mariota's strengths that we occasionally make use of, and he seems to have good pocket awareness, and does a much better job of not taking sacks, which is killing us right now.  He doesn't have the arm Mariota does, but I think, watching his deep passes, that concerns about his arm strength are overblown.  I like Fromm, and feel more secure in that opinion in watching him against a defense that gave him problems.

57 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

There might be 4 first round QBs. 

Burrows , Tua, Herbert, and Fromm. 

Maybe 5 if Love or Ellinger rise enough. 

Fromm might be the best fit for how we play. 

I like Burrows the most. We should be able to get one of those guys. 

We gotta change how we play. If we’re draft Fromm then it’s still same old Titans. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I haven't watched Burrows, Herbert, Love, or Ehlinger this season.  But, from the fact that he came in as QB 1B, and has thrown 14 TDs to no INTs this season, he's safely top 5.  Tua has enough good tape to be in the same boat, IMO.  Even if one of the others rises, and rises high, it's really hard for me to imagine either of them falling to us (bad as we've looked the last two games, we know how uneven the Titans play, so we might be in the top 10, but not top 5).

I agree so far with Fromm.  He's accurate, which is one of Mariota's strengths that we occasionally make use of, and he seems to have good pocket awareness, and does a much better job of not taking sacks, which is killing us right now.  He doesn't have the arm Mariota does, but I think, watching his deep passes, that concerns about his arm strength are overblown.  I like Fromm, and feel more secure in that opinion in watching him against a defense that gave him problems.

You have to be mindful of the teams that may be bad but have young QBs. ( Browns, Jets etc). 

Or teams that may be below average that have an QB worth being patient with. (minshew or Rudolph) 

It's not unimaginable to have one make it to 17-18ish and then us trade up from there if we not already there. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

You have to be mindful of the teams that may be bad but have young QBs. ( Browns, Jets etc). 

Or teams that may be below average that have an QB worth being patient with. (minshew or Rudolph) 

It's not unimaginable to have one make it to 17-18ish and then us trade up from there if we not already there. 

Nah.  With what Tua and Herbert have shown, barring a complete meltdown, they'll go that range, whether it's to teams that need a QB and are in that range, or teams that trade up.

Moving from where we'll likely be to top 5 is too expensive.

37 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Nah.  With what Tua and Herbert have shown, barring a complete meltdown, they'll go that range, whether it's to teams that need a QB and are in that range, or teams that trade up.

Moving from where we'll likely be to top 5 is too expensive.

I mean right now we're 1-2 and are in an offense that cannot score points at all. I don't know that we can say that anymore.

I think we have a bottom 5 in the league offense through 3 games. Browns made it look better because they imploded ay the end of the game, but our offense is really bad. They may improve and defense may carry us, but I don't think we're safely picking 20th by any stretch of the imagination.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I mean right now we're 1-2 and are in an offense that cannot score points at all. I don't know that we can say that anymore.

I think we have a bottom 5 in the league offense through 3 games. Browns made it look better because they imploded ay the end of the game, but our offense is really bad. They may improve and defense may carry us, but I don't think we're safely picking 20th by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not saying we'll be picking 20th (though if we are the same team as last season, 9-7 seems inevitable), but I do think yall get too caught up in the last two games.  The offense has problems, but to think it's completely incapable of putting up points is silly.  We'll win enough games to not be in the top 5, and if there's a QB everyone wants, it doesn't matter if we're only moving up five spots, it'll be expensive to do.  And realistically, it'd be surprising, with how things look now, if Tua and Herbert didn't go 1-2.  Moving from even just six to two would cost an arm and a leg.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I'm not saying we'll be picking 20th (though if we are the same team as last season, 9-7 seems inevitable), but I do think yall get too caught up in the last two games.  The offense has problems, but to think it's completely incapable of putting up points is silly.  We'll win enough games to not be in the top 5, and if there's a QB everyone wants, it doesn't matter if we're only moving up five spots, it'll be expensive to do.  And realistically, it'd be surprising, with how things look now, if Tua and Herbert didn't go 1-2.  Moving from even just six to two would cost an arm and a leg.

We've had issues on offense for 3 straight years. Thinking that what we've seen through three weeks is going to be an outlier is silly. The defense might carry us into the teens, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we're picking 12th and we haven't played well enough to just automatically assume we won't pick worse than that, let alone that we'll pick significantly later. 

And I didn't necessarily mean trading up to 1-2, but I really don't think either of them are cemented at 1-2. They may do it if teams trade up, but I wouldn't be surprised if one goes first and the other isn't until 4th or 5th. Both of them are far from home run prospects. 

I'm also not sure which teams picking early are going to be selecting a QB. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We've had issues on offense for 3 straight years. Thinking that what we've seen through three weeks is going to be an outlier is silly. The defense might carry us into the teens, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we're picking 12th and we haven't played well enough to just automatically assume we won't pick worse than that, let alone that we'll pick significantly later. 

And I didn't necessarily mean trading up to 1-2, but I really don't think either of them are cemented at 1-2. They may do it if teams trade up, but I wouldn't be surprised if one goes first and the other isn't until 4th or 5th. Both of them are far from home run prospects. 

I'm also not sure which teams picking early are going to be selecting a QB. 

Yes. They both will be picked apart and there won't be 5 QBs picked in the top 10. 

And if we are truly looking for a QB expect to pay an arm and a leg. That is the price. 

Either pay to move up or suck and get one naturally. 

I don't think we will be top 5 picking. But top 15 is very realistic. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yes. They both will be picked apart and there won't be 5 QBs picked in the top 10. 

And if we are truly looking for a QB expect to pay an arm and a leg. That is the price. 

Either pay to move up or suck and get one naturally. 

I don't think we will be top 5 picking. But top 15 is very realistic. 

Same. I think our defense is good enough and Mariota is usually due for a couple good games a season and that should keep us out of the top ten provided what we've seen through three games is the worst of it.

I'm not necessarily trying to get either one of those two QBs and I'm not sold on them being the best 2 QBs. But I think we'll be able to get to 5-7 if we want to take a guy there.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Same. I think our defense is good enough and Mariota is usually due for a couple good games a season and that should keep us out of the top ten provided what we've seen through three games is the worst of it.

I'm not necessarily trying to get either one of those two QBs and I'm not sold on them being the best 2 QBs. But I think we'll be able to get to 5-7 if we want to take a guy there.

Yeah I wouldn't want Tua or Herbert. So that wouldn't be my target. I'd aim for 12-16 range

37 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That's where I am.  Tua looks...safe.  I mean, he checks all the boxes, so if he was there, I'd absolutely take him, but something about him I can't put my finger on makes me think he's not a future superstar when I watch him.  Also, beware of Bama.

Herbert I did not like last year when I watched him, but he's borderline perfect in the stats department right now, so my mind could be changed.  Walterfootball is reporting that NFL teams have Burrows as a midrounder, so I'm waiting til I have a chance to watch him against a tough team to render a judgment.  Love I haven't seen yet.

And we don't have to pay an arm and a leg for a QB.  We should take one if we have the opportunity, obviously, but giving away multiple future picks just puts you in a situation where you can't draft players to support your new QB, and if we're starting over, I want to make sure we put him in a position to succeed, and quickly.

49 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's where I am.  Tua looks...safe.  I mean, he checks all the boxes, so if he was there, I'd absolutely take him, but something about him I can't put my finger on makes me think he's not a future superstar when I watch him.  Also, beware of Bama.

Herbert I did not like last year when I watched him, but he's borderline perfect in the stats department right now, so my mind could be changed.  Walterfootball is reporting that NFL teams have Burrows as a midrounder, so I'm waiting til I have a chance to watch him against a tough team to render a judgment.  Love I haven't seen yet.

And we don't have to pay an arm and a leg for a QB.  We should take one if we have the opportunity, obviously, but giving away multiple future picks just puts you in a situation where you can't draft players to support your new QB, and if we're starting over, I want to make sure we put him in a position to succeed, and quickly.

I would give up one future first if we loved a guy, but that's about it. Outside of the OL the team is ready to win now, we just have to get good QB play. We really need to bolster the OL. 

I really like Burrow also. I think he ends up going higher unless the small amount I've seen of him isn't consistent. I really like Herbert in one game last year and then watched several more and he was meh. I think Fromm goes later first and I kinda like him too.

Edited by TitanSS

26 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I would give up one future first if we loved a guy, but that's about it. Outside of the OL the team is ready to win now, we just have to get good QB play. We really need to bolster the OL. 

I really like Burrow also. I think he ends up going higher unless the small amount I've seen of him isn't consistent. I really like Herbert in one game last year and then watched several more and he was meh. I think Fromm goes later first and I kinda like him too.

we badly need to upgrade some spots on the OL but aside from that, personnel-wise we’re probably one of the better landing spots for a QB in terms of potential for quick success. now, on the coaching front.....who knows lol