Week 3 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars TNF

TitanLegend

This is going to piss some off and actually go against my emotions during the game.

But he is right to stay with him. 

These problems are beyond the QB. Our eyes see it. I'm sure he sees something too. Even though not many of us are trusting his decisions. 

But it would be different if Marcus was on a Matt Schuab fall where he throws a pick 6 every game. 

The offense is broken and tannehill won't fix it and might make the team worst than it is chemistry wise. Whatever is left. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I kind of saw that honestly. He pulled it down a couple times and ran it himself. It had a different vibe. He was letting it rip with defenders in his face. He wasn't afraid of it getting picked off. 

He hit Davis on a dig route or something, released it before Davis broke and with a guy on him.

Hell he challenged Ramsey and won with Sharpe of all people. 

Go make a damn play. At least try. 

This is my biggest complaint with the offense as a whole. Everybody is playing timid and scared to make a mistake. The whole offense just feels completely crippled with fear. There's no aggression, not even a hint of a killer instinct. Like Minshew throwing that beautiful TD in the corner of the end zone. That's a confident QB throwing it up and believing that his WR is going to make a play. A rookie that is playing fearless. Marcus has lost that aspect of his game and I don't know if he'll ever get it back here. Our offensive woes aren't all on Marcus, but his lack of confidence is leaving the whole offense stuck in this lull. I personally think he's missing so many throws because he's overthinking every aspect of his game. He lost that "backyard feel" we talked all offseason about how we wanted Marcus to play free, and so far I've seen the complete opposite of that and a QB that is nowhere close to the guy he was when we drafted him.

• Like 1

I kind of saw that honestly. He pulled it down a couple times and ran it himself. It had a different vibe. He was letting it rip with defenders in his face. He wasn't afraid of it getting picked off. 

He hit Davis on a dig route or something, released it before Davis broke and with a guy on him.

Hell he challenged Ramsey and won with Sharpe of all people. 

Go make a damn play. At least try. 

Will it continue though? History says no. I know Tannehill ain’t scared to throw a few picks but atleast he’ll let that mfer rip. Mariota doesn’t have that, “I’m gonna go out there and take it” mindset. He’s too afraid to throw interceptions and I’m not expecting that to change now. The offense needs some juice and I know he’s getting no help from the o-line or Arthur’s play calling/personal usage, but it’s do or die. Time to let it fly and let the chips fall where they may.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Will it continue though? History says no. I know Tannehill ain’t scared to throw a few picks but atleast he’ll let that mfer rip. Mariota doesn’t have that, “I’m gonna go out there and take it” mindset. He’s too afraid to throw interceptions and I’m not expecting that to change now. The offense needs some juice and I know he’s getting no help from the o-line or Arthur’s play calling/personal usage, but it’s do or die. Time to let it fly and let the chips fall where they may.

If we had an unproven backup I'd be more inclined to see him opposed to Tannehill. He didn't overcome bad coaching and offensive line play in Miami. Why would he here? 

Our problem is deeper than Marcus. He isn't helping though. 

i mean, he always makes *some* plays. most quarterbacks do.

at this point i really don't care if it's marcus or arthur smith or the OL or whatever. i'm just tired. i'm tired of watching an inept, pathetic football team that will go to its grave steadfastly refusing to do anything required to put together a competent passing offense. this isn't the worst team in the NFL, but it is 100%, no question, without a doubt the most brutally boring to watch. there's nothing about the tennessee titans that's exciting or fun, and then we wonder why people don't go to the games.

i remember i used to be pissed for days after a bad loss, and now i'm pretty much over it in an hour or two. some of that is obviously just like, growing up and having a real life and it's definitely a good thing lmao, but it's also just general malaise about whatever this organization tries to do. it's mediocrity all the way down, and has been for basically as long as i've been old enough to remember.

• Like 2

If we had an unproven backup I'd be more inclined to see him opposed to Tannehill. He didn't overcome bad coaching and offensive line play in Miami. Why would he here? 

Our problem is deeper than Marcus. He isn't helping though. 

Change of scenery can do a lot for some people

Mariota and the receivers were not on the same track.  Something is wrong with Mariota as he seems like a headcase at the moment and it's trickling down to the rest of the team.  It's the QBs responsibility to make sure the offense trusts him and right now they don't. 

Whatever it is, this team is lost and no one, two or even three players can fix it to get the Titans to a playoff win.

I'm not ashamed of this team by any means but it feels like a parent with a small child having big hopes for it's future before realizing the child isn't walking right.  They're not sure what is wrong but are afraid to ask.  Now it's come to the point to where they need a doctor's diagnosis and they fear the worst...  That their is no cure.

Edited by jalan5
add

I decided to go to sleep when we went down 14-0. Looks to be a wise decision.

It only took 3 weeks, but I think I'm already ready to check out for the season. I can't deal with another season where a good but inconsistent defense is trying to carry an inept offense. It's 2019 and our offense is still completely incompetent. Seems to be the story of this franchise for the last 10 plus years. It's tiresome tbh.

The feeling of indifference (not even sadness or anger anymore) after losses has unfortunately become all too familiar to me these past few years.