General News and Notes

.Buzz

20 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Look at what peters got and hes inconsistent.  Had a good year this year but aj is more consistent.  There arent many corners who can hold hopkins to 6 catches 48 yards. 

Exactly.  Nobody is saying Bouye is a straight up stud CB...but he's still the best thing we've got, and would fetch a pretty similar amount to what he's getting on the open market today even.  If you nix Bouye, suddenly everyone else below him on the depth chart gets pushed up a rung...and probably pushed up a rung beyond what they're capable of handling.

Sure, maybe Herndon is serviceable as a CB2 i guess.  But you push him up to CB1 and he's gonna ******* drown in the matchups.  Completely.  As is whoever is even CB3, moving up to CB2 matchups.

Edited by Tugboat

On 1/1/2020 at 2:32 AM, Tugboat said:

Exactly.  Nobody is saying Bouye is a straight up stud CB...but he's still the best thing we've got, and would fetch a pretty similar amount to what he's getting on the open market today even.  If you nix Bouye, suddenly everyone else below him on the depth chart gets pushed up a rung...and probably pushed up a rung beyond what they're capable of handling.

Sure, maybe Herndon is serviceable as a CB2 i guess.  But you push him up to CB1 and he's gonna ******* drown in the matchups.  Completely.  As is whoever is even CB3, moving up to CB2 matchups.

cb3 i think Hayden which makes us either running the large nickle with cody davis or wingard playing more on d or having watson play nickle. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

cb3 i think Hayden which makes us either running the large nickle with cody davis or wingard playing more on d or having watson play nickle. 

I can't imagine why they'd keep Hayden around next year tbh.  That's the guy they should cut at CB to free up some money.  No sense paying a CB3 (and pretty much exclusively a slot corner) nearly $8M on the cap.  That is significant excess money on a guy who is pretty mediocre in a distinctly limited niche role.  You could replace Hayden pretty easily with a serviceable guy for a LOT less money.

It'd be cutting significant money from lower down the depth chart, rather than right at the top.  Cutting Hayden, you don't have that cascading domino effect where everyone has to slide up the depth chart a rung to roles they're probably not suited for.  You'd just have one guy from somewhere, sliding into the slot CB role, no big deal.  Heck, you could probably even bring Colvin back for basically vet minimum or something.  xD

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I can't imagine why they'd keep Hayden around next year tbh.  That's the guy they should cut at CB to free up some money.  No sense paying a CB3 (and pretty much exclusively a slot corner) nearly $8M on the cap.  That is significant excess money on a guy who is pretty mediocre in a distinctly limited niche role.  You could replace Hayden pretty easily with a serviceable guy for a LOT less money.

It'd be cutting significant money from lower down the depth chart, rather than right at the top.  Cutting Hayden, you don't have that cascading domino effect where everyone has to slide up the depth chart a rung to roles they're probably not suited for.  You'd just have one guy from somewhere, sliding into the slot CB role, no big deal.  Heck, you could probably even bring Colvin back for basically vet minimum or something.  xD

Why are we cutting our best defensive back?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don’t believe this to be the case at all. Colts and Titans are in significantly better position than the Jags. That’s before you even get to Texans who have mortgaged their future all in on making Watson the focal point.. they are going to need pieces around Watson but like the Rams their draft capital has been compromised. Colts have built a better team over the last 2 yrs and they just need a solid QB1.. Colts have a ton of cap space.. Titans have a solid defense no spectacular play makers they just play well as a unit. Tannehill is he the guy? Who knows but they have a solid team.. even last yr with not making the playoffs.. this team is the red headed step child of the division and deservedly so.

17 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Hayden isn't out best db.  Hes probably 4th or 5th. 

Bouye/Herndon/Harrison in some order

Wilson/hayden in some order

Strong disagree.

Hayden has played amazingly since coming here and definitely went on a stretch where I personally thought was our best defensive player even out there this year.

Edited by .Buzz