Week 3 GDT - Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

7 hours ago, John232 said:

If not for the fact we’ve invested a ton into receivers, I’d love to get Corey Davis in a buy low. Receivers are totally wasted in Tennessee 

I had the same thought last night. That guy is amazing. He runs great routes, makes contested catches, plays super hard, is a great run blocker and has never complained about anything. Hes a true gamer. There was a reason he was drafted so high. 

Mariota doesn't even look for him in games, its really odd. I saw a ton of training camp highlights of him making absurd catches in traffic that only 5-6 guys in the world can make. Youd think Mariota  

Deebo, Davis, and Hurd would be a really good pairing too. Unfortunately, the going rate for WRs has increased substantially and I would think he would get some decent offers on the open market. He is a FA after next season, so maybe he wouldn't be that expensive to trade for, considering he would basically have 1.5 years left? 

• Like 1

I rewatched the Bengals game last night, after Joe went down we basically didn't run the ball to the left side. I watched Skule pretty closely. He doesn't move well and there were a lot of times he was just taking up space and wasn't really getting his hands on anyone. Kyle called run plays that were designed to go left, and the running backs would cut up immediately and/or cut back all the way to the right side because skule wasn't getting any push, and the defense was over pursuing a little bit. So it wasn't just him, but it wasn't a good look for sure. 

I felt worse about him doing stepping in and playing well after watching this. He doesn't even look like a NFL tackle to me. He looks like a college kid still. I don't think he was drafted with the idea he could play this year.

I said on the podcast when I was on after the bronco game that he did not look ready and that he was the worst performer from the game. I am a little more concerned than I was before

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I rewatched the Bengals game last night, after Joe went down we basically didn't run the ball to the left side. I watched Skule pretty closely. He doesn't move well and there were a lot of times he was just taking up space and wasn't really getting his hands on anyone. Kyle called run plays that were designed to go left, and the running backs would cut up immediately and/or cut back all the way to the right side because skule wasn't getting any push, and the defense was over pursuing a little bit. So it wasn't just him, but it wasn't a good look for sure. 

I felt worse about him doing stepping in and playing well after watching this. He doesn't even look like a NFL tackle to me. He looks like a college kid still. I don't think he was drafted with the idea he could play this year.

I said on the podcast when I was on after the bronco game that he did not look ready and that he was the worst performer from the game. I am a little more concerned than I was before

Agreed. This should be Coleman in there. We signed Sam Young, but that doesn't inspire a ton of confidence either. 

I'm legitimately concerned this becomes a train wreck and derails the season. Hoping for the best

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Agreed. This should be Coleman in there. We signed Sam Young, but that doesn't inspire a ton of confidence either. 

I'm legitimately concerned this becomes a train wreck and derails the season. Hoping for the best

If there are two guys who are more commited to winning than Kyle and Jimmy then I would like to see them. I can feel the hunger in Kyle this season. I think he's tired of all the talk about the other young offensive coaches in the league. This year is about asserting dominance schematically. we will always be able to get more with less on that side of the ball, we have the cream of the crop when it comes to drawing up the right play on offense. LET THERE BE NO DOUBT

• Like 2

I have to say, it feels good having the best TE in the NFL when figgen Vance McDonald comes to town for the first time. I'll never forgive him for that drop in the 4th quarter at home late in the season at the last year in candlestick (2013). Everybody remembers the drew Brees ahmad Brooks roughing the passer call, but that drop was equally as costly. It's a shame such a good team had such a thin margin of error that year bc if the NFCCG was played at the stick that year, I don't believe kaep turns the ball over so much in the second half and we probably win that game. 

So **** goddamn Vance McDonald, mr looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. I hope Kwon lights that dude up. 

I also look for kittle to pop off once or twice. They aren't going to let him beat them, but that guy can't be stopped. He's a tenacious friggen animal and I want him to get the crowd into it early. This should be the loudest game in Levi's history, let's feed off it 

• Like 1

Ryan Schraeder is available, and worked with Shanahan in Atlanta. He has played mostly right tackle though. Probably exclusively. If they wanted to try and move McGlinchy to the other side, then maybe a guy like Schraeder could be an option at right. I think Shanahan already said he isn't changing things though, as it would create another potential hole on the other side. I wonder if that changes after Skule's tryout against the Steelers. Good thing the BYE week is after that game. 

Edited by PapaShogun