Mike Vrabel

dtait93

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

So I just realized... I may be to blame for Vrabels regression here... My FFL names the past few years have been

Warmack Attack

Super Mariota Bros. 

Orakpophobia

And this season it is

Willing and Vrabel... 

I was Super Mariota Bros a few years back.  This year I'm AJ Brown v. Board of Education (in a league with a bunch of other lawyers), and last year I was Los Maderos de Rashaan (Los Maderos de San Juan is a Spanish poem my brother likes), so maybe I'm countering your bad juju.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Fire him.

i think the only thing that might, MIGHT! give me some pause is if arthur smith is canned like, tomorrow. but even then it's a massive indictment of his judgment to hire him in the first place, and also we all know that ain't gonna happen.

the thing is, when you hire a CEO-type coach like vrabel, that means you're not hiring him for a particular scheme a la mcvay, shanahan, etc. you're hiring him because you trust his ability to put the right people in place to execute THEIR schemes on offense and defense. in putting together this offensive staff, vrabel has failed spectacularly at one of the primary things he was brought in to do. that can't be acceptable.

• Like 1

I just said in another thread I don’t trust JRob to find the next franchise QB but worse I don’t trust a single coach on this staff to develop one

So how does Vrabel fix his staff?

Letting Arthur Smith go is easy but is he capable of finding the next OC that has a clue?

Finding a new OL coach should be a lot easier

A new QB coach will need to be found too

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Serious question you can insert what ever name you want but should Vrabel try and get like a Jay Gruden to come in and be labeled as a consultant like they did with Gregg Williams and Ray Horton?

Atleast who ever is here can step in as the next OC when they finally can Smith

I think we need a guy that has called NFL offense before. Yes.

I don't care if it was Mike Murlakey. But someone that has shown some success calling plays and knows what it takes. Not learning on the fly. 

He should get a chance to fix the offense. The defense is too good to think he's just this abomination of a HC. His first OC was hired as a HC somewhere despite the offensive struggles. The second guy is essentially running the last ones playbook but is an awful play-caller.

Start from the bottom up. Replace the OC, QB, and find a way to fix the OL.

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Issue with Vrabel as HC is even if he lucks into a great OC, he's nearly guaranteed to move on to be a HC somewhere.

This, to me, is what it comes down to. Any good offensive mind will last a year, because every struggling franchise is desperate for a good offensive mind. The CEO head coach is a thing of the past.

• Like 1