BDL 2019 Week 3 - Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Seoul Dragons

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Seoul Dragons  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Seoul Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2019 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2019 Week 3

Match:  Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Seoul Dragons

Away Owner: @Hockey5djh

Home Owner: @TedLavie

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Offense

QB - Russell Wilson

RB - Saquon Barkley

WR – Antonio Brown

WR - Stefon Diggs 

WR - TreQuan Smith

TE - Vance McDonald

LT - Taylor Decker

LG - Marshall Yanda 

C - Ryan Kelly

RG - Brandon Scherff

RT - Bryan Bulaga 

BN - RB - Tarik Cohen

BN – RB – Alexander Mattison

BN – WR - Christian Kirk

BN – WR - Diontae Johnson

BN – C/G - JC Tretter

BN -  C/G – Pat Elflein

Defense

DE - Jadaveon Clowney

DT - DeForest Buckner

DT - BJ Hill

DE - Frank Clark

LB - Demario Davis

LB - Roquon Smith 

CB - Casey Heyward

CB - Marshon Lattimore

Slot CB - Bobby McCain

S - Anthony Harris

S - Eric Weddle 

BN – DE - Harold Landry

BN – DE - Kyler Fackrell

BN - DT – Jaleel Johnson

BN – DT – Chris Wormley

BN – LB – Duke Riley

BN – CB – Charvarious Ward

BN – CB - Kendall Sheffield

BN – S – Nasir Adderley

Seoul Dragons

QB Derek Carr

RB David Johnson

WR TY Hilton

WR Tyrell Williams

TE Travis Kelce

TE Gerald Everett

LT Ronnie Stanley

LG Rodger Saffold

C Austin Reiter

RG Mike Person

RT Donald Penn

Bench RB Jordan Howard

Bench RB Kenyan Drake

Bench WR Demarcus Robinson

Bench WR Jamison Crowder

Bench WR Keke Coutee

Bench TE Austin Hooper

Bench OL Laurent Duvernay Tardiff

Bench OL Ty Nsekhe

4T Grady Jarrett

NT Eddie Goldman (Q)

3T Linval Joseph

LEO Melvin Ingram

WLB Shaq Thompson

MLB Damian Wilson

CB Darius Slay

CB Levi Wallace

CB Kendall Fuller

FS Marcus Williams

SS Terell Edmunds

Bench Edge Alex Okafor

Bench Edge Bradley Chubb

Bench Int Maliek Collins

Bench Int Tim Settle

Bench LB Nigel Bradham

Bench CB Sidney Jones

Bench CB Ronald Darby

Bench S Justin Reid

Edited by Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Welp guys…the Bizzbowl Hangover is real, as was the one I had writing up my last write-up. My solution for week 2….write it while drinking. What can go wrong?

Offense

Running Game – As always….the running game on our team will start with the stud that is Saquon, out matched and outgunned last week he rumbled to 120 yards for a hapless Giants team, we expect even better results in the Hawaii offense. In the running game we plan on featuring a lot of outside runs with pulling lineman as not only do we have some of the better pulling interior in the league but Singapore starts two pass rushing OLB in a 3-3 front (or a 5-1 if you will) and Ingram and Chubb who should be overpowered by the extra man meat we’re slinging to the outside. Barkley should also see a bunch of catches in the middle with only one LB patrolling the middle zone. Barkley will get his 20+ carries and 5+ targets in the air, Cohen will be the spell back and get a handful of carries/targets. Mattison will be brought in for clean up duty once the game is well in hand in the 4th.

Passing Game – Hawaii welcomes back AB this week to give out passing game that much needed “spark”. We’re assuming he’ll be followed in the line-up by Slay but he’ll still get his targets If he isn't followed by Slay we'll target him against Darby relentlessly as Darby is still recovering from offseason ACL surgery. If Slay isn’t covering AB or isn't given help over the top we’ll continue to target him until the Defense adjusts. On the other side we’ll have Smith and Diggs who should draw Darby and the not as good Fuller brother. We believe both of these match-ups will be in our favor. We’ll also mix in a few 4 wide sets bringing in Christian Kirk in place of McDonald and forcing Sidney Jones off the bench. Russell Wilson will be given free rein in this offense to target his receivers and backs to take whatever the defense gives him. Also if they do not account for his legs he will have the green light to pick up chunk yardage.

Defense

Front 7 – Our front seven comes in to the game looking to attack the abilities of Austin Reiter. Making his 6th career start making the line calls at center is a stressful job. We plan on exploiting that youth with twists and stunts as well as some exotic blitz packages and looks in our front 7. When we’re in our base set we expect Frank Clark to win one on one with Donald Penn who at 36 coming off of a major groin injury should have his hands full.  Blitz’ will come regularly from either Davis/Roquon in the A gap or Lattimore/Heyward from the weak side of the offense and McCain filling their zone. In 3rd and long calls we’ll rotate Frank Clark inside and Bring in Harold Landry on the outside to give a larger pass rush presence and to give out DTs a breather. If they go with double TEs again McCain will slide inside to cover Kelce with Roquon and Davis to cover Johnson/Hooper.

Secondary – We will be playing a Cover 2 zone base. We’ll be playing a zone look in the secondary for a couple reasons. This will disguise the blitz packages from the corners or the linebackers but also will allow us to keeping the vertical players in front of us. Heyward and Lattimore will man the outside and jam Hilton and Williams at the line. Weddle and Harris will man the deep third and limit YAC. McCain will be in the starting line-up and will shadow Kelce wherever he goes in the lineup. Davis and Roquon will man the middle with the focus being to shut down David Johnson either in the running game or the passing game. While Singapore has a lot of weapons we’re not confident that David, I mean, Derek Carr will have enough time to get the ball out with the pressure coming from our D.

Seoul Dragons

Last year we had the opportunity to drop Hawaii to 0-4 and blew it by being not prepared. Hawaii ended up winning that game on their way to a BB victory. Let’s not do that again and destroy their season today.

Offense

Run outside.We will use our 2TE sets as our base lineup as we want Hawaii to start Fackrell at LB. Fackrell is also the 4thDE of that Hawaii team so our 2TE sets will allow us to get more snaps from Clowney, Clark and Landry, and we expect to tire them out. We think we can run outside behind the strength of our tackles and tight ends in the run game: Clowney isn’t 100%, Landry run D is atrocious and Clark, while decent in that aspect of the game, isn’t known for his run defense. Expect a lot of stretches and tosses to David Johnson while we will pull guards often. David Johnson will play the vast majority of the snaps at RB with Jordan Howard getting some goal line carries. Drake will back up Johnson and will also be used in 2RB sets next to Johnson.

The Kelce and Johnson factor. Hawaii can’t stop Kelce and Johnson in man. Davis isn’t athletic enough and Roquan Smith simply isn’t good enough. We will try to move them around before the snap (mostly Kelce) to get Hawaii to show their hand. If Kelce is double team, we will isolate him outside and just run the ball outside on the other side of the field, so we can take advantage of a lighter box. If it’s a zone coverage or a single coverage in man, look for us to target them heavily in passing game in the middle or the field, with corner routes or with simple wheel routes depending on the coverage shown by Hawaii. We expect them to get each around 8-10 targets in the passing game, depending on the flow of the game

Target Hawaii depth.We will use a variety of formations to put Hawaii in bad spots. They have two solid corners but the depth behind is beatable, so we will line up 4 WR packages on around 15-20% of the snaps (passing downs mostly) with Robinson and Tyrell outside, TY and Crowder inside. We will also use 3TE sets in the same proportion as Hawaii doesn’t have a 4thLB that can play (Vince Biegel is their 4thLB). So they will have to compensate with another lineman, in which case we will motion out Kelce and Hopper to get a favorable matchup, or they will put another safety on the field, which will be good for our running game. Finally, we will play some 2RB sets with Kenyan Drake. Drake isn’t a world beater, but he’s fast and if we can isolate him vs a LB on a wheel route we will take that shot. He also allows us to motion Johnson as a receiver while keeping the option to run the ball if the box lightens up then.

Other weapons.While they won’t be heavily targeted we won’t forget our options on the field and will use them in specific cases. We expect Hayward or Lattimore to line up vs Hilton. If it’s Heyward, Hilton has beat him Week 1 IRL often on comeback and slants for a 90 yard 2 TD game, so we will use him that way too. If it’s Lattimore, we hope we can take a shot or two to him deep as Lattimore has been inconsistent on go/post routes in recent games. We will use Tyrell size to move the chains on 3rddowns or in the red zone. Robinson will mostly run a bunch of deep routes outside and we will take a shot at him only if necessary. Crowder and Hopper will be used as safety valves or on short routes to keep the ball moving. Everett will be mostly used as a blocking TE, but again, if we can isolate him in a matchup vs Fackrell deep, we will take that shot.

Defense

Stop Saquon.Without AB, Hawaii main weapon remains Saquon Barkley, and we expect them to give him a lot of touches, on the ground and through the air. We will have Edmunds, a stronger run defender, in the box hence having 7 in box in all but dime packages and have gone with our heavier DL with Jarrett outside. We will also rotate our DL a lot so we can have fresh guys and never get gashed in the ground game. Basically Settle is Goldman backup and will play around 40% of the snaps. Collins and Joseph will see an even share of snaps. Chubb will play 50% of the snaps and play LEO or the other end spot on passing downs. Okafor will play only on early downs for about 30% of the snaps. Grady Jarrett will be our most heavily used player on the DL, plating at 4T early and sliding inside for passing downs. In the passing game, when we play in man, Saquon will be double teamed most of the time, with Shaq Thompson and Terrell Edmunds in an over/under coverage. If it isn’t enough to stop him, we will sub in Reid for Williams at FS and have him playing closer to the LoS as well, with Reid taking over Edmunds coverage assignment on Saquon.

Manage the rest of Hawaii weapons. Even without AB, we won’t take lightly Hawaii weapons. We will alternate between off man coverage (60%) and cover 3 (40%). In man, Slay gets Diggs, Wallace gets Kirk, Fuller will take Amendola in the slot, Damian Wilson gets McDonald. Marcus Williams will have deep responsibilities, mostly on Kirk side. In cover 3, our outside corners will line up on their respective receiver side (Wallace vs Kirk and Slay vs Diggs) which should help disguise our coverage until last minute. Whenever Cohen starts for Saquon, Reid subs in for Edmunds, Sidney Jones gets in for Wilson and he will get Cohen in coverage as we will switch to a cover 2 man, as we do not respect Cohen abilities in the run game. When Cohen starts with Barkley in 2RB 2WR 1TE, Fuller gets him in coverage. In 2RB 3WR sets, Reid subs in for Wilson, plays in box and we will go mostly zone coverage.

Pressure the QB. Because we’re choosing to sell out vs the run, the pressure we can apply to Russ will be limited at first. We hope our coverage and the rotation previously eluded to helps us getting to Russ. One matchup we would like to get often is Melvin ingram vs Taylor Decker as Decker isn’t very good. If Hawaii chooses to start Robinson at LT or RT it’s even better as he played 20 snaps IRL, which leads us to believe he isn’t ready to get a full load of snaps this week. We will throw in a LB/SS blitz here and there, in zone or man, to keep Hawaii defense guessing, but it will be fairly rare. In passing downs, Jarrett slides inside for Goldman and Chubb gets the LE spot.

Edited by Whicker

If nobody updated it just copy and paste what I messed up with last week. That said I wouldn't mind staying on as a co-owner to help out on occasion but I just don't have the time to commit multiple hours a week to this thing. Unfortunately I thought I would be in a better position this year than how I finished last year (with a new kid) but yea, not so much.

7 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

If nobody updated it just copy and paste what I messed up with last week. That said I wouldn't mind staying on as a co-owner to help out on occasion but I just don't have the time to commit multiple hours a week to this thing. Unfortunately I thought I would be in a better position this year than how I finished last year (with a new kid) but yea, not so much.

This makes me sad but sure I’ll throw it up soon

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

That was somewhat inappropriate to comment on from my end. Prioritize what’s important.