Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Bears (2-1)

swede700

In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?

• Yes, the Vikings will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the Bears will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the game will finish tied 10-10
    • No, both teams will score more than 10
    • No, one team will score less than 10
    • No, both teams will score less than 10

54 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Adam isn't happy.

Neither is Diggs. I was watching is with a friend and I said to him in the 4th quarter I was supervised none of the players are voicing their frustrations publicly. Now in comes the flow. I don't feel Zimmer is a bad coach, but hasn't surrounded himself with the best people.

We've never played well in CHI and unfortunatly have another year of this with Cousins. Such as bad contract.

• Like 1

Who are Diggs and Thielen more frustrated with, Zimmer or Cousins? It’s not Zimmer throwing the ball at the end of the day. It seems like it’s a weekly thing where Kirk is missing open receivers with erratic passes. Can’t imagine that sits well. Cousins makes more than Diggs and Thielen combined and I could very well see some tensions brewing if results don’t improve.

Edited by vikingsrule

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Who are Diggs and Thielen more frustrated with, Zimmer or Cousins? It’s not Zimmer throwing the ball at the end of the day. It seems like it’s a weekly thing where Kirk is missing open receivers with erratic passes. Can’t imagine that sits well. Cousins makes more than Diggs and Thielen combined and I could very well see some tensions brewing if results don’t improve.

It has to be annoying when Kirk does get time on those rollouts and he checks down to Ham for 3 yards.

But I'd need to see the all-22 to see if anyone was open or Kirk didn't want to make a tight throw

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  What it looked like to me yesterday was a team that got punched in the face and was unable to punch back.  

Against a backup QB too. As soon as Trubisky went down, I had the feeling that they’d have no answer for the backup. Just seems to be how things go with Zimmer’s Vikings, can’t adjust.

The offense is a mess on the road and the home games have been such a poor set of examples to look at given the nature of the games (blowouts). 

The Vikes have a couple non divisional opponents before they head to Detroit, which is now looking like a must win as to not continue to fall further down the NFC North standings. Very well could be a last place team at 7-8 wins. 

Edited by vikingsrule

It was interesting yesterday watching the Vikings after I had just watched the Browns destroy the Ravens, a divisional foe, in Baltimore!  I've been thinking ever since, what's the difference in the two games?  Is Baker Mayfield THAT much better than Cousins? He may be a little more mobile than Cousins, but he throws the ball with about the same velocity and accuracy.  Mayfield has two talented receivers and a good running game, as does Cousins.  Mayfield has a much better mental makeup to be a starting quarterback in this league than Kirk. 

I think the Viking defense is more talented than the Browns...but Cleveland had a tremendous defensive game plan for containing Lamar, and they executed it nearly flawlessly.

Offensively, the one thing Mayfield has that Cousins doesn't is a really good offensive line!  They were really good opening running lanes and giving Mayfield a pocket...against a not to shabby Baltimore defense.  Again, the offense had a game plan that they executed really, really well.

It's really an odd thing when you wish that your favorite team played as well as the Cleveland Browns!!!  But, it was obvious on Sunday afternoon from 1:00PM EDT to 6:45 PM EDT, that these were two teams going in different directions.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Adam isn't happy.

Probably because the offense and mainly Kirk looked exactly the same as he did Week 17. OL still having trouble but 75% of the NFL has weak OL play. Kirk has to be a difference-maker and not a game manager. If you want just a game manager the Vikings could've taken a risk by resigning Teddy. I don't want Zimmer to get the Tony Dungy treatment and watch a team he built to win without him. One playoff win and that came after needing a Miracle play.  

• Like 1

Really good stuff here. A lot of plays left on the field by #8. Seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong on Sunday. Again, credit to the Bears D for making plays but I feel a little better about the rematch in week 17.

http://www.startribune.com/film-review-overthrows-no-throws-how-kirk-cousins-vikings-were-grounded-in-chicago/561869652/

27 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Really good stuff here. A lot of plays left on the field by #8. Seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong on Sunday. Again, credit to the Bears D for making plays but I feel a little better about the rematch in week 17.

http://www.startribune.com/film-review-overthrows-no-throws-how-kirk-cousins-vikings-were-grounded-in-chicago/561869652/

The ting that caught my eye about this article is that the game didn't really effect Kirk's passer rating.  It got me to wondering...people were high on Cousins during his free agency because of his excellent statistics.  Many thought that they would translate into wins in Minnesota, a better team than he had in Washington.  Then I got the most dreadful thought...a thought I don't even want to consider...but what if Cousin's concern and priority is to protect his passer rating...which makes him hesitant on some throws downfield?  It might be subconscious at this point...an automatic behavior knowing that good stats over wins was his ticket out of DC.