Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Bears (2-1)

swede700

In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?

• Yes, the Vikings will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the Bears will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the game will finish tied 10-10
    • No, both teams will score more than 10
    • No, one team will score less than 10
    • No, both teams will score less than 10

Just now, Snake Plissken said:

1. Fire Zimmer

2.  Hire an Offensive minded HC (Kubiak/Stefanski?) and DC

3. Trade/Cut has overpriced veterans . 

4. Draft QBOTF

5. Prioritize OL, DT, Pass Rusher 

6. Get what you can for Cousins. 

1. Ok

2. What does this change?

3. Who do we cut to improve us. Cousins? Still a huge paycheck next year? No reason to bench him. Instantly is the best backup QB in the NFL. Honestly every other veteran has played fine and won’t complain. You can say Rhodes but even in a bad game his contract is fair pay for a top 15 cornerback.

4. Good luck at a 8-8 record 

5. I thought we were drafting a Qb and not a offensive lineman. 

6. Nothing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It just sucks. I love football. Love the Vikings. But every year it just seems to be the same thing. Mediocrity. Not good enough for a Super Bowl, too good to improve through the draft. Incapable of drafting a franchise QB. More or less Minnesota sports in a nutshell. 

Minnesota Wild syndrome.

Not bad enough to get a top pick. Not good enough to win in the playoffs

• Like 1

As i said after the GB game, MAJOR changes are needed if we want to be true contenders.

We need a true franchise QB. Because again, Kirk did not do enough to win. I realize he was under pressure, and thats not all on him. But there were opportunities and he whiffed as usual. I think we need to bring in a mobile young QB who can evade pressure a little better. Our OL has been a problem for a while, and there isnt much light at the end of the tunnel with the current group outside of O'Neil. I think Rieff needs to be cut after the season, Elflein needs to be moved to the bench as an interior backup. And the sad thing is, im starting to think Bradbury just doesnt have the bulk to be a good NFL C. I wanted Andre Dillard so bad, and looks like at this point that would 100% have been a better pick. 

Key moves in the offseason that need to be made:
- Cut Reiff, Rhodes, Shamar & Rudy
- Resign Anthony Harris, Mack, & Kearse
-  Trade up or do literally whatever it takes to get a top flight rookie QB. Give him a year behind Cousins.
- Move O'Neil to LT & start Udoh at RT if he's ready or find a stopgap/veteran player.
- Sign a LG who excels in Pass Pro.

I think realistically, Rick needs and should be fired. BUT who replaces him, i know Paton would be a candidate. But are we confident he will be an upgrade? If not, there arent very many good options. My opinion on Zimmer is strong, he should be the HC on this team till he decides to retire. BUT he needs to hire a clock management coach. He is a brilliant defensive mind that will be able to keep our defense relevant even if we lose some key pieces in the coming years (which is likely). 

13 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

As i said after the GB game, MAJOR changes are needed if we want to be true contenders.

We need a true franchise QB. Because again, Kirk did not do enough to win. I realize he was under pressure, and thats not all on him. But there were opportunities and he whiffed as usual. I think we need to bring in a mobile young QB who can evade pressure a little better. Our OL has been a problem for a while, and there isnt much light at the end of the tunnel with the current group outside of O'Neil. I think Rieff needs to be cut after the season, Elflein needs to be moved to the bench as an interior backup. And the sad thing is, im starting to think Bradbury just doesnt have the bulk to be a good NFL C. I wanted Andre Dillard so bad, and looks like at this point that would 100% have been a better pick. 

-  Trade up or do literally whatever it takes to get a top flight rookie QB. Give him a year behind Cousins.
- Move O'Neil to LT & start Udoh at RT if he's ready or find a stopgap/veteran player.

I think realistically, Rick needs and should be fired. BUT who replaces him, i know Paton would be a candidate. But are we confident he will be an upgrade? If not, there arent very many good options. My opinion on Zimmer is strong, he should be the HC on this team till he decides to retire. BUT he needs to hire a clock management coach. He is a brilliant defensive mind that will be able to keep our defense relevant even if we lose some key pieces in the coming years (which is likely). 

Shamar wasn’t a problem today. 

Or a fan of moving O’Neill. 

Zimmer wasn’t brilliant enough to beat a career backup. 

But yes, major changes need to happen. 

16 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

So the run first offensive philosophy stays? this isn't 1974, but zimmer thinks it is.