Chris Harris Jr Trade?

bMiller031

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I love surrounding Lock with as much talent as possible which is ultimately going to make or break him. The only concern I have is not with the WRs but the OL. Like you said there are a bunch of mid level WR2s out there this off-season that can be had for reasonable prices.

From preseason it looks like he has sloppy footwork and holds onto the ball because he's trying read the defense. Sending him out there to get destroyed behind a struggling OL could damage him. I am all for splurging on OT and OG in the draft with the top 3 rounds.

I just really hope the team actually let's him start after the bye week for the second half of the season and not try to hold onto Flacco as being a veteran guy which helps nobody progress. My dear is that Elway will still want to try to win games even if they are 2-8 and not make a QB change mid year

That’s a really solid and sober look at our team.  Our OL is so bad at 2 glaring spots (assuming James is ok for 2020) with zero depth that we need to hit the elite T depth.  But also find our long term WR2.   Like I’ve said I do hope we hit T and WR with 2 of our top 4 Day 1-2 picks.   I’d love getting a C Rd3+ and moving McGovern back to G where he’s actually played well in both pass and run blocking.   We will very likely hit ILB with a Day 2 pick.   The nice part is we can get a WR2 in FA cheaply and let a rookie develop there.   We also get 2 more Day 2 picks and am early position I could see us moving up in Day 2 to get a top T, great ceiling value WR with Rd1 talent in Rd2, and a difference maker at ILB.   Then hit C Rd3+ and it would all still likely be BPA matching need.  Best of both worlds. 

Re: Lock start date I hear you but @MIN and @BUF is really tough.  I think home to LAC Week 13 and then the giving him the last 5 games is quite sellable.  But that’s the absolute minimum audition time.  I wouldn’t object to Week 11 but as I’ve said I’d be really surprised.  Like you said it’s not in Elway’s DNA (although that really nerds to change ASAP). 

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, broncofan48 said:

Me either.  He hasn’t been good 

Maybe that’ll drive the market for CHJ into 2nd round territory 

It for sure should as long as more than 1 team is serious.  

If Eli Apple is seriously injured the possibility of a 1st round pick for both Sanders and Harris Jr. with NO becomes a dream with some basis   A late 1st is worth more than a late 2nd and 3rd combined - but NO is also tight against the cap.   Taking on the rest of 2019 could make that scenario happen.   

It’s still way more likely we aim to do 2 trades and get a 2nd for Harris Jr. and a 3rd for Sanders.  But ARI winning and going to 3-3-1 really helps our seller market position.   Even the Conley deal helps since HOU wasn’t a main player for Harris it just affirms the high price for cover CB’s.  

• Like 3

I think with the Mahomes injury, the report that the raiders are looking for someone like Kahlil Mack, the trade of Conley. 

All signs point to Von Miller being traded to the Raiders for an overpay because it's in division. 

That would be the strangest day in my life as a Broncos fan. Stranger than trading Cutler, or Portis for Champ  by a wide margin.

Bills are also screaming a legitimate option. 

Edited by thebestever6

Man I hate to be that guy, but I think these are some overly optimistic outlooks in these trade scenarios.  I don’t think it’s impossible, but I think a 2 for Harris and a 3 for Sanders are best case scenario trades. 

I think more realistically we are a round off with both.  Sanders is 32, coming off a torn achilles, and battling a lingering knee issue, on the last year of his contract.  Harris is still playing at a high level, but is 30 and IMO will test the market, so he’s likely an 8 game/playoff rental.

As far as Miller, Denver may be able to get a 1 for him.  But he’s also 30, on what could be a bad contract considering his somewhat severe drop in production (he’s still a good player, but not showing the elite traits that made him a perennial DPOY candidate) this season.

Elway should’ve been moving these guys 2 years ago, when they were putting up elite #s, had years on their contracts and were 30 and under.  At this point he’s potentially selling them at their lowest possible value.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Man I hate to be that guy, but I think these are some overly optimistic outlooks in these trade scenarios.  I don’t think it’s impossible, but I think a 2 for Harris and a 3 for Sanders are best case scenario trades. 

I think more realistically we are a round off with both.  Sanders is 32, coming off a torn achilles, and battling a lingering knee issue, on the last year of his contract.  Harris is still playing at a high level, but is 30 and IMO will test the market, so he’s likely an 8 game/playoff rental.

As far as Miller, Denver may be able to get a 1 for him.  But he’s also 30, on what could be a bad contract considering his somewhat severe drop in production (he’s still a good player, but not showing the elite traits that made him a perennial DPOY candidate) this season.

Elway should’ve been moving these guys 2 years ago, when they were putting up elite #s, had years on their contracts and were 30 and under.  At this point he’s potentially selling them at their lowest possible value.

I agree about the two years ago thing. But this years market is so much different.  It feels like there are no powerhouses. Never underestimate the chance to be able to get to the top of the mountain. 

Teams get crazy lol I think vons contract is very good, and the drop off is more scheme situation related. 

18 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

If I were the GM of a team that's going to be in the mix, the idea of a CHJ/Sanders package would be very appealing to me. You're adding two absolute dogs who care about winning and are still special at the things they do best. That's worth a late 1st. 

What about Von/Harris to the Raiders as a package? Gruden lovesssss veteran leadership covets it. The jerry rice, tim brown, rich gannon led raiders were a thing. They could also afford it.

I know seeing them in silver and black would be cringe worthy but everyone has a price.

34 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What about Von/Harris to the Raiders as a package? Gruden lovesssss veteran leadership covets it. The jerry rice, tim brown, rich gannon led raiders were a thing. They could also afford it.

I know seeing them in silver and black would be cringe worthy but everyone has a price.

For the right price, I'd send all three to the Raiders. But they do have to pay extra for being a division rival and they'd have to give up a ton. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

For the right price, I'd send all three to the Raiders. But they do have to pay extra for being a division rival and they'd have to give up a ton. 

They do have 3 firsts the next two years lol. I think a trade for miller would get them back in the good graces of their fans. 

As well as elway with us if he received decent value.