Player Appreciation Thread

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Maxx Crosby with 8.5 sacks. 3rd in sacks by rookies with Bosa and Allen ahead of him. He truly had an amazing season. He’s not the most physically gifted, but he plays every down like it’s his last. Raiders just need to find a pass rusher to play opposite of him on third down. 

I'd argue that. He's explosive, good bend and looooooong. As he put some additional good weight on and gets stronger he has a chance to be special. Excited for him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'd argue that. He's explosive, good bend and looooooong. As he put some additional good weight on and gets stronger he has a chance to be special. Excited for him.

Nah he’s white bro, he’s a limited athlete lol once he’s puts on that weight he’s gonna be a real problem in this league. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 4:51 AM, big_palooka said:

According to Mockdraftable Crosby ranked in the 90th percentile or above in 40 yard dash, vertical jump, broad jump, 3-cone drill, 20 yard shuttle, and 60 yard shuttle.  @agarcia34

Can you imagine if we had Crosby AND either Josh Allen or Nick Bosa. We'd be set on the edge for the next 8-10 years. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

He showed some serious bull rush on some passing down reps. If he gets a little stronger, I think he will be more productive in those situations next year.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about Ferrell anymore. We knew that he wouldn't ever be an elite sack guy coming in but he should be a 6-10 sack guy that provides high end run defense and leadership. For a lot of pass rushers it takes time to figure it out too. 

Rookie sack totals 

JJ Watt: 5.5 sacks

Khalil Mack: 4.0 sacks 

Cam Jordan: 1.0 sacks

Having more interior pressure And Decent coverage on the backend, so that the QB is forced to move around, will lead to more sacks.  Ferrell to me is the DE that will make a living getting “clean-up” sacks not playing from rushing from a 5-Tech alignment and catching the QB on a 5 step drop.  

combine that with Ferrell’s strength development (he’s only 22 years old) and we’re going to have a beast run defending, 8 sack a year player.

its not realistic to expect Ferrell to be this 16 sack a year speed rusher. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 4:51 AM, big_palooka said:

He's got freakishly long arms. Alonzo Spellman is what it reminds me of. Dominate college but physical traits were not enough on the pro level. His shoulders poured out under his shoulder pads in pics I saw back then. Arms looked like they'ed drag on the ground. Crosby has those same long arms and if he can develop in the weight room then maybe his shoulders will fall out of his shoulder pads too...