Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

5 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

So all your issues with how AR is playing after not being coached for a couple years and this is the best stuff you have. He puts the ball behind the guy, heck every great QB in the league does this. Who is out there without warts? Mahomes, Brees who? New system and coming from what he's been doing for the last few years. As Ray noted he's been really good he's getting out on time, he's hitting guys early and yesterday it came together. He's starting to look like his old self. If MLF can get a few more of those to him we have our guy back.

With that said i honestly think you are way to critical of him in consideration of any comparatives in the NFL. Who in the NFL right now would you take over him?

Mahomes

Wilson

Watson

Jackson

Wentz

are all outperforming him so far this year really without argument.

You then have Brady, and Brees who we have a track record on.  

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

For 5 weeks he's been a game manager. Aren't we ridiculing the Vikings for paying Cousins 28 per to do similar things?

You're starting to go overboard again.  Get back on board or we'll bring Trubisky in so you can "fix" him .  Rodgers I believe has bought into LF's system and there's nothing there to rip on.  

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You're starting to go overboard again.  Get back on board or we'll bring Trubisky in so you can "fix" him .  Rodgers I believe has bought into LF's system and there's nothing there to rip on.  

One great game against a trash defense isn't nearly enough to declare the problems fixed. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Mahomes

Wilson

Watson

Jackson

Wentz

I thinking I'm taking Rodgers over all of them after 7 games now that he's getting familiar with the new system.  You can't tell me those qb's with what Rodgers has had to work with would be 6-1 .. I ain't buying it.  I'm drinking the Rodgers kool-aid; you drink whatever kool-aid you want.  Each to their own.  

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

One great game against a trash defense isn't nearly enough to declare the problems fixed. 

Ok, we'll just go with that.  6-1 against the Bears, Vikings, Dallas, Lions, Denver ... not trash defenses.  You've got to do better.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Mahomes

Wilson

Watson

Jackson

Wentz

Go figure Mahomes never saw that coming.

Wilson - threw a terrible pick yesterday I mean brutal. It's a pic that AR never throws but oh well. 

Watson - will be broken before long playing well but has his own issues with picks as well, good thing he has those legs which will again lead to a broken QB eventually.

Jackson - seriously I bought into you being quite the football guy until you typed this. I now believe you are just like any other poster on here ( me included ). So what you can diagnose a play. Jackson over AR bahahahaha.

Wentz - 2 fumbles and a bad pick yesterday yep give me Wentz all day long.

None of these guys are outperforming AR this year. AR has not made any of the mistakes these guys above have all made. AR is also the only one with a new system and coach.

The only pure passer i myself would ever even remotely think of taking would be Brees but he does not make the same footplays that AR makes which I give AR an edge on. And throwing off base AR is way better. Brees just has never gotten MM'd.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Go figure Mahomes never saw that coming.

Wilson - threw a terrible pick yesterday I mean brutal. It's a pic that AR never throws but oh well. 

Watson - will be broken before long playing well but has his own issues with picks as well, good thing he has those legs which will again lead to a broken QB eventually.

Jackson - seriously I bought into you being quite the football guy until you typed this. I now believe you are just like any other poster on here ( me included ). So what you can diagnose a play. Jackson over AR bahahahaha.

Wentz - 2 fumbles and a bad pick yesterday yep give me Wentz all day long.

None of these guys are outperforming AR this year. AR has not made any of the mistakes these guys above have all made. AR is also the only one with a new system and coach.

The only pure passer i myself would ever even remotely think of taking would be Brees but he does not make the same footplays that AR makes which I give AR an edge on. And throwing off base AR is way better. Brees just has never gotten MM'd.

The bolded is just mindblowingly stupid. 

Russell Wilson has fewer interceptions than Rodgers does this year.

The Green and Gold glasses are out of control with this post. 

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That is the problem you have ragged on him pre snap, post snap and when he starts improving you won't give him credit. Week by week he has been much more willing to do what made him great in the first place. You don't fix what has been going on with AR the last couple years over night. And doing it against some of the best defences in the NFL is likely not easy. You clearly judge AR much harder then the others on your list not named Mahomes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

For 5 weeks he's been a game manager. Aren't we ridiculing the Vikings for paying Cousins 28 per to do similar things?

I'm ridiculing you because that first sentence is an awful take, it's like you've bought into the shock jock takes and adopted them for yourself. 

The numbers in a couple games have been game manager esque, the arm talent, throw difficulty, the pocket movement etc.. all still say elite QB. If you want to be a stat scout with the shock jocks because you can't admit you jumped the gun with this thread, by all means. Even @Outpost31 can admit when he's wrong on Rodgers, now granted he'll somehow try and say his criticisms are what turned him around but at least he admits it.

Rodgers is getting the ball out, in rhythm and on target. On the plays where the original read doesn't work out, you'd see a game manager throw the ball away or dump it off. Rodgers navigates the pocket, buys more time and more often than not this year, makes a positive play. He's been sacked just about once a game, compared to last year. He's taking hits and delivering balls (something I know you personally said at the beginning of the season he didn't do at all in 2018) Joseph absolutely smoked him on a critical 3rd down, I head the pad pop in the stands. He made the throw to GMo, got the 1st, dusted himself off and hit Kumerow for a huge TD seconds later. Most importantly, he's running an offense, he's handing the ball off and not checking to passes, throwing to the flats if the play requires and not playing hero ball. He's done this without his #1 receiver for 45% of the season, without guys like MVS, GMo, Graham, Tonyan even practicing. Game managers aren't coming back from down 9 versus the Lions with a hobbled #2 WR and the remnants of your #5,6,7 receivers left. The balls to MVS and Lazard were total dimes. A game manager isn't making that throw to Tonyan in Dallas, or keeping up with the Eagles on a night the defense couldn't. The game manager take is for stat scouts only and he's been a game manager exactly once this year, week 1.

He'll need a few more games like Sunday because numbers matter, but he's just as much an MVP candidate if we keep winning as Mahomes and Wilson.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm ridiculing you because that first sentence is an awful take, it's like you've bought into the shock jock takes and adopted them for yourself. 

The numbers in a couple games have been game manager esque, the arm talent, throw difficulty, the pocket movement etc.. all still say elite QB. If you want to be a stat scout with the shock jocks because you can't admit you jumped the gun with this thread, by all means. Even @Outpost31 can admit when he's wrong on Rodgers, now granted he'll somehow try and say his criticisms are what turned him around but at least he admits it.

Rodgers is getting the ball out, in rhythm and on target. On the plays where the original read doesn't work out, you'd see a game manager throw the ball away or dump it off. Rodgers navigates the pocket, buys more time and more often than not this year, makes a positive play. He's been sacked just about once a game, compared to last year. He's taking hits and delivering balls (something I know you personally said at the beginning of the season he didn't do at all in 2018) Joseph absolutely smoked him on a critical 3rd down, I head the pad pop in the stands. He made the throw to GMo, got the 1st, dusted himself off and hit Kumerow for a huge TD seconds later. Most importantly, he's running an offense, he's handing the ball off and not checking to passes, throwing to the flats if the play requires and not playing hero ball. He's done this without his #1 receiver for 45% of the season, without guys like MVS, GMo, Graham, Tonyan even practicing. Game managers aren't coming back from down 9 versus the Lions with a hobbled #2 WR and the remnants of your #5,6,7 receivers left. The balls to MVS and Lazard were total dimes. A game manager isn't making that throw to Tonyan in Dallas, or keeping up with the Eagles on a night the defense couldn't. The game manager take is for stat scouts only and he's been a game manager exactly once this year, week 1.

He'll need a few more games like Sunday because numbers matter, but he's just as much an MVP candidate if we keep winning as Mahomes and Wilson.

Rodgers had an amazing game yesterday. That's a fact. he was doing everything he should have been doing the last three years. 

You don't get credit for pulling off comebacks when you play like trash for the first 30 minutes of the game.  

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The bolded is just mindblowingly stupid. 

Russell Wilson has fewer interceptions than Rodgers does this year.

The Green and Gold glasses are out of control with this post. 

Oh that didn't take long for you to start with the name calling once someone disagrees. Stupid not at all,  just a bit more open to you and don't hold AR to some impossible standard like you do. And then claim others are playing better when stats or records do not indicate it.

Wilson's terrible pick yesterday was worse than both of AR's picks combined. Let me guess though the toss to Sterling wasn't good enough for you even though it hit both his hands and his face mask before going up to the defender. The pick against the eagles was not a great decision but one could hardly hold him to a flame for that in considering what we've seen from Sterling since. AR chose to hit the more experienced WR on that one. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers had an amazing game yesterday. That's a fact. he was doing everything he should have been doing the last three years. 

You don't get credit for pulling off comebacks when you play like trash for the first 30 minutes of the game.  

If you're referring to Detroit I can only assume you're talking about his receivers? Otherwise I am done with this as all you're doing is trying to save face. I'll reiterate, I've heard 2 people today trying to act like this is a blip on what's been a poor season for Aaron, you and Skip Bayless. Quality company.

• Like 1