Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wasn't a Fat Mac'er ... not so sure 'everyone' thought that the departure was for the best.  Some seemed to be coming around to the inevitable that Mac was going to be gone, but it caught some by surprise. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/14716-packers-fire-mike-mccarthy-joe-philbin-named-interim-hc/

Much of the ongoing anti-Rodgers (and anti-MLF) sentiment on this board seems to be emanating from many of the same folks who were so pro-Mac.

Who would have ever guessed?

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Much of the ongoing anti-Rodgers (and anti-MLF) sentiment on this board seems to be emanating from many of the same folks who were so pro-Mac.

Haven't seen a single anti-LaFleur post since the goal line of the Eagles game.

Again more living in your own reality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I think people struggle with separating McCarthy the coach and McCarthy the person. He wasn’t able to adapt and ride up to the challenges as a coach; that doesn’t make him any less of a person character wise. Good guy but I completely understand what happened and still think he could have success elsewhere, it just wasn’t going to happen in Green Bay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I think people struggle with separating McCarthy the coach and McCarthy the person. He wasn’t able to adapt and ride up to the challenges as a coach; that doesn’t make him any less of a person character wise. Good guy but I completely understand what happened and still think he could have success elsewhere, it just wasn’t going to happen in Green Bay

Speaking about McCarthy.......is he still in Green Bay full time? Wondering the character of his interactions with the locals given the teams success so far.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Speaking about McCarthy.......is he still in Green Bay full time? Wondering the character of his interactions with the locals given the teams success so far.

I think he's still there .. it's got to be a little awkward for him.  I hope the people treat him decently, as he was a good steward of the Packers for many years.  

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've not seen him around, but locals up there that I talk to see him often.  He's a presence in the community.  And I'd say, a positive presence.

I did see Murphy the other day at the Honor Flight.  He's shorter than I would have thought.  My uncle got to talk to him a little bit.  Thanked him for the Honor Flight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Compared to when he was 5-6 years younger without shoulder and knee injuries with much better receivers in a system he's been in forever ?  I too care about performance and stats often times are inflated and meaningless.  So far this year his performance has led to a 6-1 record and wouldn't doubt it one bit if they are 9-1 or 8-2 at the bye week.  Not sure what you are unhappy about with his performance.   

I’m not unhappy with his performance. I’m saying he’s overpaid at the moment. Nature of the beast when you are paid the most—highest expectations.

2 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

This to a big degree. He had to go, yeah it was overdue and I stuck with him as a fan too long. What pissed me off is people acting like he was a bumbling fool who couldn't coach a d3 team. I lot of **** was going on there from all sorts of angles that broke that thing down. He takes the lion's share but he's not also an incompetent moron. Despite the fact the trolls point out he didn't get hired, even though he turned down all interviews afaik.

My anti MLF **** came from preference in what I want in an NFL offense. He's proving me an idiot, and I'm all in. I'll dig in pretty hard but when I'm wrong, I'll say it. But then you got clowns acting like this is Mac love. Not sure the last time I even thought about that dude until this discussion...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

The people who **** talk Mac still are sack less ******* who would never say anything IRL unless they're 12 beers deep, if I had to guess. I'm sure it's fine.

Honestly....I'm not a small dude.  If I was 12 beers in and Mac was next to me?  I'd not be afraid to smack talk him.  While he is "Pittsburgh", he's not intimidating.

I'm larger than Mark Murphy, but I was next to him and that dude looks like he's made from iron.  That's a tough SOB and you can see it a ways away from him.  If I'm 12 beers in next to him, it's "Yes, sir."  "No, sir".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

The people who **** talk Mac still are sack less ******* who would never say anything IRL unless they're 12 beers deep, if I had to guess. I'm sure it's fine.

You can defend him all you want and I wish him the best of luck. I was no fan of his and still believe he was one of the worst game managers I've ever seen. It was brutal to watch make so many mistakes during games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

You can defend him all you want and I wish him the best of luck. I was no fan of his and still believe he was one of the worst game managers I've ever seen. It was brutal to watch make so many mistakes during games. 

How bad is your memory? Yeah the last few years sucked but there's no way he's among your worst GB coaches of your life if you're being honest with yourself.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Honestly....I'm not a small dude.  If I was 12 beers in and Mac was next to me?  I'd not be afraid to smack talk him.  While he is "Pittsburgh", he's not intimidating.

I'm larger than Mark Murphy, but I was next to him and that dude looks like he's made from iron.  That's a tough SOB and you can see it a ways away from him.  If I'm 12 beers in next to him, it's "Yes, sir."  "No, sir".

See. Sackless!! 

Jk, obviously

Edited by Norm