Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You can defend him all you want and I wish him the best of luck. I was no fan of his and still believe he was one of the worst game managers I've ever seen. It was brutal to watch make so many mistakes during games. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

How bad is your memory? Yeah the last few years sucked but there's no way he's among your worst GB coaches of your life if you're being honest with yourself.

Seriously, not what I said! I said one of the worst game managers. My GOD, no where close to one of the worst GB coaches of my life. He won a Super Bowl so he's in the top three automatically! 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Seriously, not what I said! I said one of the worst game managers. My GOD, no where close to one of the worst GB coaches of my life. He won a Super Bowl so he's in the top three automatically! 

Seahawks game looms very large in that specific context. Even if I agree he was one of the worst there, not sure I do, the sum of his parts were a pretty good coach for a long time. Focusing on that one aspect makes him look awful, that's where I was going with that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Norm said:

How bad is your memory? Yeah the last few years sucked but there's no way he's among your worst GB coaches of your life if you're being honest with yourself.

Well depending on how old someone is Lindy Infante takes us back to 1988 that said I would put McCarthy only behind Holmgren, Curly and Vince in Packers hierarchy. Ahead of Mike Sherman and Ray Rhodes for sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m not unhappy with his performance. I’m saying he’s overpaid at the moment. Nature of the beast when you are paid the most—highest expectations.

Overpaying is the norm now in the NFL especially at the QB position.  At the t moment .. maybe he is overpaid.  However, there are a lot more at his position that is getting their dollars for a lot less production, leadership and most importantly ... wins.  

55 minutes ago, Norm said:

Seahawks game looms very large in that specific context. Even if I agree he was one of the worst there, not sure I do, the sum of his parts were a pretty good coach for a long time. Focusing on that one aspect makes him look awful, that's where I was going with that.

He had some absolutely terrible calls and the time management was almost like a self inflicted wound. I never understood that

i will even take it as far as saying his time management directly cost him a game a season, these aren’t the probably going lose games or the ones they overcame and won but the ones directly affected by his time management 

Edited by TheGreatZepp

31 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

He had some absolutely terrible calls and the time management was almost like a self inflicted wound. I never understood that

i will even take it as far as saying his time management directly cost him a game a season, these aren’t the probably going lose games or the ones they overcame and won but the ones directly affected by his time management 

Andy Reid is one of the worst game managers of all time. No SBs but still I would have loved him with Rodgers all those years, just to see

Edited by Norm

3 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

A bad defense made a lot of correct game management calls look incorrect over the course of his career, but even still that was not one of his strongest assets.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A bad defense made a lot of correct game management calls look incorrect over the course of his career, but even still that was not one of his strongest assets.

I don’t blame the bad defense for running 3 straight draws when down by 4 on the 45 with 2 minutes left in the half. You had Rodgers throwing to Jordy, Cobb, Jones and Finley. Trust in your players!

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He had a bad defense for 8 years. Historically bad and he kept making 'game management calls' expecting his bad defense to suddenly become good! It never worked out, yet he was too stubborn to understand the stupidity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

Just now, Golfman said:

He had a bad defense for 8 years. Historically bad and he kept making 'game management calls' expecting his bad defense to suddenly become good! It never worked out, yet he was too stubborn to understand the stupidity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

That's hyperbole. To say the defense never came through is just wrong. They just weren't as consistent as you would have liked them to be.

2012 had 11 games where the opposition scored 21 points or fewer

2013 had 5

2014 had 12

2015 had 8

2016 had 7

2017 had 6

2018 had 4

2019 is on track for 7

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Poor, poor Mac being saddled with such a bad defense for all those years.

He can hardly be held accountable as the team's head coach for the play of the defense can he?

Then again, looking back it is almost like it may not have been such a good thing that Mac was so very loyal to the longest-serving Defensive Coordinator in the NFL (when he was finally fired) Dom Capers and that wunderkind linebackers coach he made Assistant Head Coach Winston Moss. 

Almost.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Poor, poor Mac being saddled with such a bad defense for all those years.

He can hardly be held accountable as the team's head coach for the play of the defense can he?

Then again, looking back it is almost like it may not have been such a good thing that Mac was so very loyal to the longest-serving Defensive Coordinator in the NFL (when he was finally fired) Dom Capers and that wunderkind linebackers coach he made Assistant Head Coach Winston Moss. 

Almost.

My post was not an apology to MM. The fact he kept Capers around as long as he did is one of life's great mysteries. to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's hyperbole. To say the defense never came through is just wrong. They just weren't as consistent as you would have liked them to be.

2013 had 5

2014 had 12

2015 had 8

2016 had 7

2017 had 6

2018 had 4

2019 is on track for 7

IN the game situations we were referring to, they never came though in the last 5-6 years he was coach. Yet he kept doing the same stupid thing. 

You calling somebody out for hyperbole is quite ironic! 

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Packers Ranks in Points Allowed

2019: 9

2018: 22

2017: 26

2016: 21

2015: 12

2014: 3rd

2013: 24

2012: 11

2011: 19

2010: 2

2009: 7

2008: 22

2007: 6

2006: 25

He never even had 8 defenses below average in his entire career. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

2013 had 5

2014 had 12

2015 had 8

2016 had 7

2017 had 6

2018 had 4

2019 is on track for 7

we should have won the SB in 2014 :(

• Like 1