Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Oh that didn't take long for you to start with the name calling once someone disagrees. Stupid not at all,  just a bit more open to you and don't hold AR to some impossible standard like you do. And then claim others are playing better when stats or records do not indicate it.

Wilson's terrible pick yesterday was worse than both of AR's picks combined. Let me guess though the toss to Sterling wasn't good enough for you even though it hit both his hands and his face mask before going up to the defender. The pick against the eagles was not a great decision but one could hardly hold him to a flame for that in considering what we've seen from Sterling since. AR chose to hit the more experienced WR on that one. 

You stated that Aaron has not made any mistakes like the leading MVP candidates have made. That's a ridiculous take. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you're referring to Detroit I can only assume you're talking about his receivers? Otherwise I am done with this as all you're doing is trying to save face. I'll reiterate, I've heard 2 people today trying to act like this is a blip on what's been a poor season for Aaron, you and Skip Bayless. Quality company.

Who is saying it's been a poor season for Rodgers? 

Rodgers is having a good season, after yesterday you could even argue it's a very good season.

But this hasn't been an elite season. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You stated that Aaron has not made any mistakes like the leading MVP candidates have made. That's a ridiculous take. 

Not at all, he's made plenty like every other candidate. He's had some of the best defences to play against also. I merely noted that Wilson's pick yesterday was a rookie mistake throwing late to the sideline. Both of AR's pics were there one was tipped by our WR and the other was about as close to DPI as you can get without it being called.

AR has warts sure, he's better down right terrible for the last couple years. But week in and week out he has been showing his old self and working like he used to in the system. Clearly MM has a huge part of what made AR as bad as he was the last couple years. Just dam glad we took MLF at this point ( caveat ) this point he seems to been able to each AR and get the buy in needed play QB at a high level again as we saw yesterday and glimmers over the last few weeks.

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The bolded is just mindblowingly stupid. 

Russell Wilson has fewer interceptions than Rodgers does this year.

The Green and Gold glasses are out of control with this post. 

Nope, seems like there's only one that can't see through those glasses.  Common man ... you're better than that.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers is having a good season, after yesterday you could even argue it's a very good season.

Who's has been he's in the top 5 in quite a few categories what more do you want? Bears, Queens, Cowboys and Donkies are all top 10 and defensive yards per game. You just praised him a bit but your standards are still way to high for AR compared to others. 

From NFL.com AR's stats.

5th in yards

9th in yards/game

5th in TD's

QB rating 6th when you pull out all the 1 offs and not counting Tannahills 1 game.

INT's 26th

sacks 18th

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers had an amazing game yesterday. That's a fact. he was doing everything he should have been doing the last three years. 

You don't get credit for pulling off comebacks when you play like trash for the first 30 minutes of the game.  

This is getting old but I'm old so ....  for 3 years the offense he played in was crap.  He pulled McCarthy out of the dumpster fire and saved his bacon for that entire period.  You just can't give the man credit for more than one game which you approved of.  Sad  ... good night.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No back tracking ... it is what it is ... 6-1 and Rodgers is improving more than you like to admit.

17 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Who's has been he's in the top 5 in quite a few categories what more do you want? Bears, Queens, Cowboys and Donkies are all top 10 and defensive yards per game. You just praised him a bit but your standards are still way to high for AR compared to others. 

From NFL.com AR's stats.

5th in yards

9th in yards/game

5th in TD's

QB rating 6th when you pull out all the 1 offs and not counting Tannahills 1 game.

INT's 26th

sacks 18th

he just had a massive outlier of a game. 57 points higher in passer rating than any game he has played this year. I'm just highly skeptical that we're going to see a whole bunch of games of 130 passer rating and we're not going to drop down into the 90s. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

he just had a massive outlier of a game. 57 points higher in passer rating than any game he has played this year. I'm just highly skeptical that we're going to see a whole bunch of games of 130 passer rating and we're not going to drop down into the 90s. 

Can't help myself.  Who gives crap what his passer rating is?  If it's in the 90's and helps the Packers to a 13-3 or 12-4 record .. so what.  If it's in the 130 ratings so what?  If it helps the Packers to a 13-3 or 12-4 record ... so what.  I want the Northern title and a superbowl.  I'll take that and whatever his rating is cuz nobody else is going to take us there.  Get on the Rodgers frickin band wagon or get off.  

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Can't help myself.  Who gives crap what his passer rating is?  If it's in the 90's and helps the Packers to a 13-3 or 12-4 record .. so what.  If it's in the 130 ratings so what?  If it helps the Packers to a 13-3 or 12-4 record ... so what.  I want the Northern title and a superbowl.  I'll take that and whatever his rating is cuz nobody else is going to take us there.  Get on the Rodgers frickin band wagon or get off.  

Because the discussion was if it was an elite season. I'm sure if he had a 0.0 and we won every game en route to the SB, he'd be fine. But when you take a huge leap in QB rating rank which before this game I'm sure was out of the top 5, all the places he ranks statistically aren't mind blowing. And that's FINE, we're winning. We're all aware of that. It's not sacrilegious to say this isn't the best he's ever been at QB...winning or not.