Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

Because the discussion was if it was an elite season. I'm sure if he had a 0.0 and we won every game en route to the SB, he'd be fine. But when you take a huge leap in QB rating rank which before this game I'm sure was out of the top 5, all the places he ranks statistically aren't mind blowing. And that's FINE, we're winning. We're all aware of that. It's not sacrilegious to say this isn't the best he's ever been at QB...winning or not.

Sorry Norm but most aren't saying that at all.  We are just saying he doesn't suck as much as some suggest ... winning or not. 

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry Norm but most aren't saying that at all.  We are just saying he doesn't suck as much as some suggest ... winning or not. 

but the exact comment you replied to, was a reply all about his stats this year. I don't think he was saying he needs to have an amazing QB rating to be a good QB or anything. He was just pointing out that QB rating rank took a huge uptick off this past game. I wasn't really talking about everyone in general or anything.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

but the exact comment you replied to, was a reply all about his stats this year. I don't think he was saying he needs to have an amazing QB rating to be a good QB or anything. He was just pointing out that QB rating rank took a huge uptick off this past game. I wasn't really talking about everyone in general or anything.

I'm referring to the overall thought process suggested in our recent postings not just the one about stats.  Matter of fact, I'm the 1st to admit he's not in the top 3 overall in anything and don't care.  And yes, he took a big uptick this past game which more than likely suggests a better comfort level in the system.  Thinking he can point out himself what he's thinking but thanks for your input.  6-1 Norm.

11 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I'm referring to the overall thought process suggested in our recent postings not just the one about stats.

I get that.

But then you hounded him about stats when the direct discussion.......was about stats.

I think he's said enough about Aaron that we won't need to go out of our way to take his statistical discussion out of context, that's all I'm saying. But this isn't my fight.

Edited by Norm

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

My criticisms are exactly what turned Rodgers around.

I'll give you some credit there. Although I disagree with your take Mac didn't have something to do with it. Watch the throw to Jamal for the TD, Marcedes runs a slant from the boundary and picks off Williams' guy. We utilized the backs in Mac's scheme as solely checkdown/screen and the occasional wheel route. LaFleur is making backs read #1 on some plays, and scheming them open at that. The simple yardage is a thing of beauty.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'll give you some credit there. Although I disagree with your take Mac didn't have something to do with it. Watch the throw to Jamal for the TD, Marcedes runs a slant from the boundary and picks off Williams' guy. We utilized the backs in Mac's scheme as solely checkdown/screen and the occasional wheel route. LaFleur is making backs read #1 on some plays, and scheming them open at that. The simple yardage is a thing of beauty.

This !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Norm said:

I get that.

But then you hounded him about stats when the direct discussion.......was about stats.

I think he's said enough about Aaron that we won't need to go out of our way to take his statistical discussion out of context, that's all I'm saying. But this isn't my fight.

Ok, if that's what you think.  Got to many irons in the fire here.  Stats are nice if that's your thing but wins and losses is what I'm looking for.  If you think I was hounding him, so be it.  By the way, I'm to old to fight.  

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He makes exactly what he should make and will looks like a steal again in 2 years, come on...

His 33.5 Mil annual cap hit is third most in the NFL behind Wilson and Roethlisberger. No one is expected to top his deal this coming offseason either. He’s paid like an MVP, but he’s been averaging 21 TDs a year since 2016 ended. He has game manager stats. 

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

His 33.5 Mil annual cap hit is third most in the NFL behind Wilson and Roethlisberger. No one is expected to top his deal this coming offseason either. He’s paid like an MVP, but he’s been averaging 21 TDs a year since 2016 ended. He has game manager stats. 

Did you seriously just use two 7 game seasons in your TD a year average? He was on pace for 34 in 2017 and this year is on pace for 28.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

This wasn't very well thought out! He played 7 games in 2017 because of a collarbone and one of those game was his return, which was too early trying to save a season. He played last year on one leg the whole year and threw 25 TDs and 2 INTs. This was also with a mid-year coaching change, a terrible scheme and the only time any plays were made was when he made them happen. 

Now he's getting really comfortable in the new coaches scheme and threw 5 TDs with a bunch of UDFA WRs! Seriously, look at the talent he had on the field. Now a few of those guys are probably going to develop into decent players, but MVS (5th round), Allison, Lazard, Kumerow and Shepard UDFA. 

• Like 1