Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

Just now, incognito_man said:

How do you know Rodgers called for the motion?

I don't. 

I know he didn't see that look and immediately kill any potential motion and run it right off Bulaga. That is the sin. 

Everything that occurred after Rodgers saw that look and didn't change things is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

by running? very obvious he could have beat the ball there pretty significantly if the run got that far.

That's not what I meant, how is he getting to the spot with 2 defenders he had to fight through? Tonyan isnt swinging around to the outside to block, he's blocking infront of him he would only get there if the play was designed that way. And 22 just went around all the blockers to make the play. I just dont see how he could plausibly block 22 on this play but that's just me.

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Yeah, those things happen in a game.  I'll still bank on Rodgers winning us more games than losing them for us.

So what you're saying is, you don't want anybody to criticize Rodgers under any circumstances?

Message received. 

Here's 2 plays later:

HAUuyZP.gif

Throwing an absolute scrub tier ball on third down

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

That's not what I meant, how is he getting to the spot with 2 defenders he had to fight through? Tonyan isnt swinging around to the outside to block, he's blocking infront of him he would only get there if the play was designed that way. And 22 just went around all the blockers to make the play. I just dont see how he could plausibly block 22 on this play but that's just me.

I don't disagree, but for any chance of the play to work that's what needed to happen :)

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't. 

I know he didn't see that look and immediately kill any potential motion and run it right off Bulaga. That is the sin. 

Everything that occurred after Rodgers saw that look and didn't change things is irrelevant. 

So Rodgers should have run the play without the motion. 

How is Rodgers supposed to know that motioning Lewis is going to bring 2 defenders to that side?

Just now, squire12 said:

So Rodgers should have run the play without the motion. 

How is Rodgers supposed to know that motioning Lewis is going to bring 2 defenders to that side?

How is motioning Lewis to that side going to end up with any possible better alignment than what is already there? It doesn't get better than that.

He was handed a gift and completely threw it away. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why go with the motion at that point? Call the run to the right against the super soft side and forget the motion

How the heck do you audible that ? What's the audible for forget half the play ...ready ... go. I speak mainly as far as blocking assignments go as well. Plus everyone is waiting for the motion so hearing "go" would certainly throw everyone off. As someone else said, they also didn't know 2 guys would follow the motion. I think you would have to audible to a new play. Film recognition by the defense ? 

I'm also still on the fence with the outside zone against today's defenses

Edit - that overthrow was painful to watch and I knew it would be brought up sooner or later. I sure do hope that's not post 35 Rodgers

Edited by cannondale

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No anticipation, throwing late to the outside as always. Forget throwing the ball before the receiver makes his break, the ball isn't even up to Rodgers' ear after the break. This lets the DB break on it and break it up. 

jt582Yt.png

MDAkm0S.gif

This one hurts because he threw with good timing to Adam's earlier in the drive :/

Even assuming, arguendo, that the OP is correct and Rodgers made a poor pre-snap decision on this ONE PLAY IN SUNDAY'S GAME, the notion that this somehow constitutes compelling evidence that Rodgers is no longer "good as a pre-snap QB" as the OP posits is patently absurd.

On the other hand, the amount of time and energy spent dissecting and criticizing the Packer QB over this one largely inconsequential play does, inadvertently, reveal just how far some will go to push the anti-Rodgers narrative.

• Like 2