Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

On 11/24/2017 at 4:08 PM, RBreezy said:

Alfred Morris is a perfectly capable backup as well. The guys is a former pro bowler. He's been averaging 4.5-5 ypc I think (too lazy to check the stats).

Eh, he's alright. He's a one trick pony and not that good a runner anymore either.  Zeke is multi-purpose which is huge.   And there were a couple runs Morris had against us that went for 15-20 yards that might've been TDs with Zeke. That's the difference. 

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

Eh, he's alright. He's a one trick pony and not that good a runner anymore either.  Zeke is multi-purpose which is huge.   And there were a couple runs Morris had against us that went for 15-20 yards that might've been TDs with Zeke. That's the difference. 

Most teams don't have a Zeke, and their QBs still perform. I think that's the overall point of this though. If Dak was truly the elite QB that Dallas and the media hype him up to be, he shouldn't be THIS bad missing Zeke. 

38 minutes ago, Phire said:

Most teams don't have a Zeke, and their QBs still perform. I think that's the overall point of this though. If Dak was truly the elite QB that Dallas and the media hype him up to be, he shouldn't be THIS bad missing Zeke. 

Yeah, I don't disagree.  Just trying to point out the difference between the two.  Those runs turn into TDs, suddenly the Cowboys depend less on Dak to throw and if they get a win he gets the credit.  It's just an overall flawed way of how people view QB play in the NFL.  

Archived