Week 4: Redskins (0-3) vs. Giants (1-2): Sunday 1 pm

MikeT14

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Is anyone going to watch this game?  I have no intention to.

Luckily, I’m coaching my sons team (going for 2-0!) until 10 than we have a fundraiser until 2. By the time I get home it’ll be 14-0 Giants at the half and I could then switch over and watch Mahomes bring me more fantasy glory. 

• Like 4

I'm thinking we win this game bc outside of Evan Ingram and I guess Daniel Jones over Keenum we have more talent at every position but, I sure wish we'd lose the game so we’d be that much closer to a top 5 pick.

Redskins - 28

Giants - 24

Edited by turtle28

How the the game will go

Giants win 34-27

Stars of the game

Daniel Dimes throws for 312yds 3 TDS 1 INT

Scary Terry plays gets 122 yds and 2 TDS

Gruden gets fired after the game

manusky also is released 

Kevin O’Connel named interim head coach

Tomsula takes over as D-Coordinator 

Dwayne Haskins Makes 1st Career Start Against Miami

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

How the the game will go

Giants win 34-27

Stars of the game

Daniel Dimes throws for 312yds 3 TDS 1 INT

Scary Terry plays gets 122 yds and 2 TDS

Gruden gets fired after the game

manusky also is released 

Kevin O’Connel named interim head coach

Tomsula takes over as D-Coordinator 

Dwayne Haskins Makes 1st Career Start Against Miami

I could live with all of this except making OConnel interim HC.Let Callahan be the guy.That way if they do make OConnel HC in the offseason,He can bring in a new staff.

• Like 1

Cooley just showed a few plays “Inside the Redskins” where the team is closer to making big plays or getting stops than we believe.

1. When we were down 14-0 to the Bears and Terry McLaurin had the big deep slant catch that he caught for 25 yards to get us out to midfield which got called back bc of a procedure play for having two players moving at the same time.

The film showed that McLaurin wasn’t set when Steven Sims started to run across the formation on his jet sweep action. So, Cooley said that McLaurin needs to get set faster but that also Sims needs to make sure everyone is set before he starts his motion.

That was a huge negative play. It took off a 25-yard gain which got us to midfield and put us back at 1st and 15 from the 20-yard line.

2. Peterson had a run that was designed to go off left guard that was blocked perfectly. Sprinkle cake across the formation and blocked the NT on a wham block which he executed perfectly. Donald Penn and Flowers kicked out creating a crease and Roullier got to the second level to block Roquan Smith and he got that block. 

For some reason Peterson over ran where the play where was supposed to go and started to bounce it outside. When watching the game, it just looked like bad blocking by the left side of the OL, but in reality it was Peterson’s fault. If he had hit the hole provided by Sprinkle’s wham block, Flowers seal block, Penn’s kick out and Roullier’s block ok the second level, it could have been a TD, or at least a 30-yard plus run.

3. On a 3rd and 8, Landon Collins has responsibility on covering Cohen out of the backfield. Landon wanted to take Trubiskly out so he started to cover as if it was zone but after a split second he ran over to tackle Cohen, but bc he didn’t do what he should have done initially on the play, he ended up overrunning Cohen. Then, Cohen got the first down, Collins was mad at himself and he suplexed Cohen on the tackle to tack on another 15 yards.

If these 3 plays go differently and each player does what they’re supposed to do, it’s a different game. Maybe we don’t end up winning in the end but Terry & Peterson’s plays probably eventually lead to point for us and if Collins just gets over and make the tackle on Cohen, the Bears don’t score on that possession.

That’s possibly a 21 point swing in the game there.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The running game has been awful though.

For different reasons, most of which don’t have much to do with Flowers.

Peterson has missed some holes that could have been big gains. We’ve had some awful holding calls which have brought back big runs too and some of those holding calls were fantom calls.