NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You have to admit it is extremely fun to watch Kyrie when he is on his game. Celtics squad had younger players with big egos, and in a way, rightfully so after their playoff run the year prior. But the Nets until KD comes back are Kyire's team and he can do whatever the hell he pleases. 

bro what is wrong with you, seriously? the ego that was the issue was kyrie's. anyone rooting for kyrie is way beyond my level of comprehension. as a basketball player, it's well documented that i have never liked kyrie as a personality or his game. i don't think it's conducive to team basketball and we've never seen him prove otherwise. 

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

So yeah. Your standards for Kyrie being a winning player are kinda ridiculously high. 

Not really. His style and personality aren't conducive to winning. He had LeBron to carry him so his Cavs years don't count. I could win as LeBron's PG ffs. 

2017/18 the C's played better basketball when he was hurt. They made the ECF without him. He comes back in 2018/19 as the guy on the supposed East favorites and they implode with him at the helm. 

He's not a winning basketball player unless he has a transcendent superstar to carry him (LeBron and, hopefully for his sake, KD). 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

bro what is wrong with you, seriously? the ego that was the issue was kyrie's. anyone rooting for kyrie is way beyond my level of comprehension. as a basketball player, it's well documented that i have never liked kyrie as a personality or his game. i don't think it's conducive to team basketball and we've never seen him prove otherwise. 

Never said he had no ego, but you are kidding yourself if you don't think others on on the team didn't have egos either. Plenty of struggles going on and it wasn't all Kyrie. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Never said he had no ego, but you are kidding yourself if you don't think others on on the team didn't have egos either. Plenty of struggles going on and it wasn't all Kyrie. 

I mean I strongly disagree. Brown and Tatum took back seat roles, that wouldn't happen if they had huge egos. Kyrie was the issue, Celtics fans knew it about a month into last season.

It was not all Kyrie. Many Celtics fans are emotional in that regard more so than logical or objective.

However, that said, Kyrie is clearly deserving of taking a majority of the criticism, especially with the way things ended. The Celtics were worse with Kyrie and much of that is due to Kyrie believe it or not. More often than not, Kyrie did not make the team better. Quite simply, Kyrie often made the Celtics a worse basketball team.

Edited by DoleINGout

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean I strongly disagree. Brown and Tatum took back seat roles, that wouldn't happen if they had huge egos. Kyrie was the issue, Celtics fans knew it about a month into last season.

Tatum took a back seat? The man was terrible in isolation situations and didn't adjust his game once last season. That's detrimental to the team. 

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

It was not all Kyrie. Many Celtics fans are emotional in that regard more so than logical or objective.

However, that said, Kyrie is clearly deserving of taking a majority of the criticism, especially with the way things ended. The Celtics were worse with Kyrie and much of that is due to Kyrie believe it or not. More often than not, Kyrie did not make the team better. Quite simply, Kyrie often made the Celtics a worse basketball team.

Kyrie's terrible play in the playoffs is what made them worse. If he played up to his level, it wouldn't have mattered all that much. But Kyrie wasn't the only issue with that team. Bunch of guys that were up for contracts also wanted to do their own thing and other youngsters wanted to build off their playoff run. And then you have a beta HC who couldn't handle the personalities.

Tatum took a back seat? The man was terrible in isolation situations and didn't adjust his game once last season. That's detrimental to the team. 

Kyrie's terrible play in the playoffs is what made them worse. If he played up to his level, it wouldn't have mattered all that much. But Kyrie wasn't the only issue with that team. Bunch of guys that were up for contracts also wanted to do their own thing and other youngsters wanted to build off their playoff run. And then you have a beta HC who couldn't handle the personalities.

He still took a back seat to Kyrie? You let 2nd year players work through the bumps and bruises. You can't just tell a scorer to stop going ISO, you let him develop. The Celtics are night and day without Kyrie, it was tight last year. Jaylen Brown made a comment about it this year, how Kemba mentors and Kyrie just blamed. I love Kyrie the talent, I hate Kyrie the teammate. 

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He still took a back seat to Kyrie? You let 2nd year players work through the bumps and bruises. You can't just tell a scorer to stop going ISO, you let him develop. The Celtics are night and day without Kyrie, it was tight last year. Jaylen Brown made a comment about it this year, how Kemba mentors and Kyrie just blamed. I love Kyrie the talent, I hate Kyrie the teammate. 

Night and day in exactly what? In terms of morale? Sure, Kyrie isn't a natural leader and is just a different cat. 

Oh, you can tell a scorer to stop doing something that is hurting the team. That is on Stevens and quite frankly he didn't do a good job in that regard.

End of the day I just love that Kyrie got away from Boston. Not even saying he doesn't deserve some blame for what happened, because he certainly does. But he now is in a better place mentally and has been putting on some shows to start the season. Love it! And I'm sure you love the Celtics being a more cohesive unit with Kemba. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Night and day in exactly what? In terms of morale? Sure, Kyrie isn't a natural leader and is just a different cat. 

Oh, you can tell a scorer to stop doing something that is hurting the team. That is on Stevens and quite frankly he didn't do a good job in that regard.

End of the day I just love that Kyrie got away from Boston. Not even saying he doesn't deserve some blame for what happened, because he certainly does. But he now is in a better place mentally and has been putting on some shows to start the season. Love it! And I'm sure you love the Celtics being a more cohesive unit with Kemba. 

See but that last paragraph is placing blame on Boston...When we had no issues until he arrived. Dude is a bum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bunch of guys that were up for contracts also wanted to do their own thing and other youngsters wanted to build off their playoff run. And then you have a beta HC who couldn't handle the personalities.

Kyrie was up for contract too, don't forget. Kyrie deserves a large portion of the blame for not improving the team or working together. Not entirely his fault, as I believe Stevens and his staff did poorly overall last season and the youngsters were in over their heads.

Still, it's clear that the Celtics are a unit now whereas that was never the case with Kyrie. We'll never know what could have been if Hayward never got injured, but right now, the Celtics are my pick in the East and I doubt I'd say the same if Kyrie were still in Boston.

Edited by DoleINGout