NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

playing basketball, but i guess we'll ignore numbers 

Which numbers? The 10 game sample size where both guys are on new teams and one of them is coming back from an injury or last year where the difference between the two was negligible?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Which numbers? The 10 game sample size where both guys are on new teams and one of them is coming back from an injury or last year where the difference between the two was negligible?

oh right an "injury" while a team was tanking and he played 70 games. get out of here, dude has never played with a ball dominant guard like mitchell and is struggling to fit in while kemba is excelling. and yeah, we should look at those numbers from years past where kemba as good or better. 

but we should prolly look at this year where kemba is vastly superior on a team that's playing better for 10 games

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

oh right an "injury" while a team was tanking and he played 70 games. get out of here, dude has never played with a ball dominant guard like mitchell and is struggling to fit in while kemba is excelling. and yeah, we should look at those numbers from years past where kemba as good or better. 

but we should prolly look at this year where kemba is vastly superior on a team that's playing better for 10 games

In what season has Kemba out performed a healthy Conley? 2018-2019, the difference was negligible at best. 17/18, Conley played 12 games. 16/17, Conley was clearly the superior player. 15/16, Conley missed 30 games but Kemba was better, that's one. 14/15, the difference was once again negligible. Conley was better in 13/14. 12/13 was also Conley. Then you have Kemba's rookie year, which was also Conley.

So Kemba's outperformed him 1 season and in a 10 game sample size but, sure, he's clearly better. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

sorry guys i think the jazz are better than the celtics but we should be honest about things here, bojan is not better than hayward and conley is not better than kemba 

If Bojan isn't better he's just as good as Hayward. He's a better scorer and shooter, while Hayward is more well rounded. Both about the same defensively. The difference is that we're paying him 50% of what Hayward is making. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Bojan isn't better he's just as good as Hayward. He's a better scorer and shooter, while Hayward is more well rounded. Both about the same defensively. The difference is that we're paying him 50% of what Hayward is making. 

and what you're paying him as no relevance to their on court performance which most advanced numbers you want to look at say hayward is better but if it makes you feel THAT much better to say bojan is outplaying hayward, go for it bud, i know you ain't got much to drink down there 

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

In what season has Kemba out performed a healthy Conley? 2018-2019, the difference was negligible at best. 17/18, Conley played 12 games. 16/17, Conley was clearly the superior player. 15/16, Conley missed 30 games but Kemba was better, that's one. 14/15, the difference was once again negligible. Conley was better in 13/14. 12/13 was also Conley. Then you have Kemba's rookie year, which was also Conley.

So Kemba's outperformed him 1 season and in a 10 game sample size but, sure, he's clearly better. 

or... or... we can use the numbers recent numbers and conley's recent health concerns (which do matter in a conversation on who is better) to be able to say conley is on the downside of his prime (which looks obvious) compared to kemba is who is smack dab in the middle of his prime and absolutely demolishing conley this year. you can say it's 10 games, but perhaps it's just he's a better fit in boston than conley is in utah. i'm not going to go through all of their career stats because i've got some video juegos to play but i'm willing to bet those "negligible years" are the ones that kemba had better numbers.

i love conley, all of my extended family lives in memphis, i have been to the grindhouse, but to take conley who is 3 years older than kemba and struggling compared to a dude balling the f out, seems silly to me. 

this is a stupid conversation i'm not letting this dude get me into actual convos about the jazz i'm done you win idc