We should keep haskins on the bench.

mar29020

Jets head coach, Adam Gase, said he hasn't helped Sam Darnold enough. I wish the DC media would say the same thin about the Redskins coaches and the Redskins coaches would admit the same thing in their failures to develop Haskins so far.

Edited by turtle28

On 10/26/2019 at 3:58 PM, lavar703 said:

I think we’ll look back in 5 years at all of these overreactions and laugh. I think the kid is going to be good. He’ll be fine. 

Good one Lavar-- You suckered Turtle :D

Edited by RSkinGM

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think he deleted it, but Haskins response was stupid too. Peterson's response was enough. 

Don’t care. I guess I do a little, what I’d say is that someone has to talk to Haskins as a mentor type to help him with stuff like this. Whether that’s Shawn Springs or someone else like Alex Smith, someone has to mentor him better. The guy just turned 22. He’s young and immature.

18 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

One of / or both-- He must not be very bright/ he's lazy . Neither would bode well for his future.

I just don’t believe that. How could a guy who’s been lauded for his work ethic and his intelligence suddenly be the opposite of that? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

One of / or both-- He must not be very bright/ he's lazy . Neither would bode well for his future.

You have made accusations like this dating back to Jason Campbell with no actual proof.

Let’s think about this, Haskins is just 3 years removed from HS where, he probably didn’t have a playbook. At Ohio State they don’t have an extensive playbook either, their offense isn’t too much different than what RG3 ran at Baylor but a little more to the passing game.

Then, he gets to the NFL and goes to a team that runs one of the most complicated offenses in football to learn and from what I can gather his first he’d coach didn’t spend any time in trying to help him learn it bc he was too worried about getting Keenum ready so that Keenum could try to save his job.

He’s a project who was over drafted. I don’t know if he’s a bust Or will be good-and we should give him just some spit duty this year and treat it like a redshirt year. 

just saw @turtle28 comment and was struck how much better Haskins would look if he was playing for Kyle Shanahan who’s offense is also complicated and much better. Haskins had had a “teacher” who was a lazy incompetent “nice guy”. Let’s not “Ramsey” him and see where he is after an off-season with a new hopefully quality coach. Reasonable? 

Edited by Doc Draper

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

He’s a project who was over drafted. I don’t know if he’s a bust Or will be good-and we should give him just some spit duty this year and treat it like a redshirt year. 

Stop with the overdrafted crap. Literally everyone on the planet had this dude in the top 15-10 picks of the draft. That doesn’t change because he was picked by the Redskins. 

• Like 1