Kirk Cousins FACTS

Nbanflguy

6 hours ago, DannyB said:

But why should the record at the time they play matter, in comparison to the kind of team they prove to be over the course of 16 games? If on the second game of the season, my team beats a team that is 0-1, but goes on to finish the season 14-2, does it make sense to be like "That was a pathetic win, that team hadn't even won a single game!"

He could beat an 0-4 and team and a 5-0 team but at the end beating the 0-4 team is the one that counts because they turn it around later? I think it's a crappy stay tbh

33 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:
7 hours ago, DannyB said:

But why should the record at the time they play matter, in comparison to the kind of team they prove to be over the course of 16 games? If on the second game of the season, my team beats a team that is 0-1, but goes on to finish the season 14-2, does it make sense to be like "That was a pathetic win, that team hadn't even won a single game!"

He could beat an 0-4 and team and a 5-0 team but at the end beating the 0-4 team is the one that counts because they turn it around later? I think it's a crappy stay tbh

so wins in the first game of the season never count

already a flawed stat

Can we count that final drive against the Lions as a GW drive? Because I can guarantee you that if the Vikings don't score there that the Lions win that game.

I still think it is ridiculous the standard Kirk is held to. He played 2 of the best defenses (@GB and @Chi) and had 2 of the worst games of his career. In all the other games this year he's been phenomenal. Put all together and you get a strong QB completing this offense.

Nothing crazy. Hopefully he keeps it up, but I'm sure he'll have a below average game again at some point this year.

• Like 2

I understand that he's a statistics glutton and doesn't have ice water running through his veins.  We were warned when the Vikings signed him.  And it's become obvious watching his continued performance , trends, and foreordainnessous (not really a word, I just can't think of the right one) as a Viking.

FACT - Last year, he threw for the second most single season yards for any Viking QB in history.  More yards than Tarkenton, Farve, Bradford, Moon, Cunningham, Kramer, (and even Tarvaris Jackson) did in one season for the Vikings.  Only Culpepper's monster 2004 season was better.

FACT - Yet no playoffs.  8-7-1.

But there is one very nice intangible for Vikings fans.  After having a revolving door at QB the past 15 years, there is serendipitous stability having a reasonably competent QB for three years in a row.  Can't you just let us sit in our padded wall, happy spaces and enjoy an established joe sixpack with a decent arm and at least half a brain, and not some duck taped broken down rental that starts drawing Social Security five games into the season.  Would be nice to have a long term (more than one year) solution at quarterback.  Other teams get Matt Ryans, Philip Rivers, Russell Wilsons, Mathew Staffords, Cam Newtons, Eli Mannings, maybe it's my imagination, but it seems some people get very upset when the Vikings try to get a long term (more than one year) solution at quarterback.  Don't know where the anger is coming from.

In yesterday's game, I honestly haven't seen Kirk throw with as much authority and confidence since joining the Vikings.  Maybe he's taking his Flintstone vitamins.  Maybe Diggs should keep kicking him.  I don't know and I don't expect it to continue.  But it was nice to see he has it in him.

Finally, I really don't get the $84 million griping.  So Kirk isn't "earning" his salary.  The NFL's MINIMUM salary is nearly HALF A MILLION dollars.  For playing a GAME.  For sitting on the bench and watching millionaire teammates play a GAME.  Hey, it's not my money.  Doesn't bother me how much they (over)pay these guys.  Nobody's forcing the owners.  It's their choice.  You think Tom Brady deserves more money?  He can.  Easily.  Just don't sign an extension and hit the open market.

• Like 5