2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

17 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I meant who the deal was centered around.  At least one highly regarded young guy that will see time in the bigs in 2020.  Kieboom fits the bill as a top 25 prospect that got his first taste of the bigs in 2020.  

Oh I agree. The problem is that I think the Cubs will want more MLB level talent to help them compete this year, and the Nats don't really have that. Wil Crowe or Austin Voth are probably the closest. I don't see either of them projecting past a number 4 starter. Just think the Cubs won't move him for Kieboom and a number 4 starter, even if there were some other prospects involved. I think they'd want someone who projects a little higher.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28274116/agent-cubs-working-anthony-rizzo-extension

"The Cubs have informed us that they will not be offering Anthony an extension at this time," Rizzo's agent, Marc Pollack, said from the winter meetings. "Anthony has let his desire to be a Cub for life known to the organization. Although we do not know what the future holds, a deal to make that happen will not be addressed now."

tenor.gif?itemid=9467035

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Lol I'm just trying to be realistic. 

The guy complained about the park he played in so I just don't think he will want to come play here. It's not just the dimensions. It's the fact our park is the coldest in the show and it's also at sealevel 

Money talks though, no doubt about that one 

You're probably right, I just get hyped up during these winter meetings.

I remember kruk & Kuip last year mentioning the giants might start using a humidor (like Colorodo), i wonder if that would make much of a difference. Nonetheless I think most view the giants as frontrunners for Castellanos. whats weird is I havent really heard any other position players connected. 

Ken Rosenthal -  Dodgers pessimistic on chances of landing free-agent third baseman Anthony Rendon, sources tell The Athletic. Rangers remain heavily involved. Angels also interested, too. Nationals a long shot; Rendon balked at deferrals in their initial seven-year, $210M-$215M offer.

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Why on earth would they?  He's under contract for 2 more years at a fixed salary, and his LT number is tiny.  That doesn't even mention the fact that he's missed quite a few games the past 2 years with back issues.  Those don't tend to get better after 30.  Too many other things to focus on this offseason that an extension for Rizzo.  This is a non-issue.