2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, Dingo18287 said:

Bob Nightengale reporting some buzz about Betts to the Dodgers. 

heard Seager would be in the deal but reluctant to part with Gavin Lux. Nightengale also reported that the Dodgers' "top priority" remains a trade for Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor,

4 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

heard Seager would be in the deal but reluctant to part with Gavin Lux. Nightengale also reported that the Dodgers' "top priority" remains a trade for Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor,

I don't understand. The Dodgers weren't another MVP away from going to the WS. They need a manager to make logical decisions and a bullpen that can close out a game.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Thread winner right there. Getting tired of the some franchises never spending money yet taking profit sharing to the bank along with comp picks. 

That's good cus comp picks are gonna go away too. So is team control and arbitration.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

why is signing Donaldson to a longer deal bad but mad bum isn’t?

Because most acknowledge that MadBums delivery and deception will allow him to play into his mid thirties and beyond with an absolute worst case scenario of being a key bullpen guy. Though the structure of it is a bit funky. 

That said I think Donaldson for 4 years isnt all that crazy, especially for an AL team. The dude rakes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nayad said:

Because most acknowledge that MadBums delivery and deception will allow him to play into his mid thirties and beyond with an absolute worst case scenario of being a key bullpen guy. Though the structure of it is a bit funky. 

That said I think Donaldson for 4 years isnt all that crazy, especially for an AL team. The dude rakes

Who is most? His velo hasn't changed in 3 years. He's always relied on delivery and deception. Yet his peripherals have continued to decline. 

I honestly don't think the Dodgers need to make any drastic moves. Situational baseball has been our achilles heel (and trotting out Kershaw on short rest SMH). I'm reluctant to trade Seager since I think he'll bounce back to being the Seager of old. Last year he was coming back from 2 big surgeries. 

I'm hoping we can bring back Ryu and then see what we need to upgrade at the deadline.

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

Who is most? His velo hasn't changed in 3 years. He's always relied on delivery and deception. Yet his peripherals have continued to decline. 

His velo was like 91.4 or something this year and his highest since 2015 or 16. His spin rate was also the highest its been. He has always relied on delivery and deception. There might be some #'s that decline but not everything. his shoulder injury from the accident takes time to recover from but now that he's 2+ years removed he's getting healthier. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I honestly don't think the Dodgers need to make any drastic moves. Situational baseball has been our achilles heel (and trotting out Kershaw on short rest SMH). I'm reluctant to trade Seager since I think he'll bounce back to being the Seager of old. Last year he was coming back from 2 big surgeries. 

I'm hoping we can bring back Ryu and then see what we need to upgrade at the deadline.

I’m surprised ownership has let Friedman stick to his guns.  They could easily trade for a superstar but continuing to build from within sets them up for a 90’s Braves type run of consistent winning.