Birds of Prey

Ozzy

5 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

700 million easily is a stretch. Honestly think it would be lucky to hit 500 million.

It'll be lucky to hit $300-350 mil. 

Everything about this movie screams trainwreck, especially the rumored Black Mask storyline. I swear, if WB is that stupid, then maybe they shouldn't be running their own cinematic universe.

I won't get into it, but it involves pedophilia.

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

It'll be lucky to hit $300-350 mil. 

Everything about this movie screams trainwreck, especially the rumored Black Mask storyline. I swear, if WB is that stupid, then maybe they shouldn't be running their own cinematic universe.

I won't get into it, but it involves pedophilia.

What’s the source on this? Reddit?

12 hours ago, Acgott said:

What’s the source on this? Reddit?

A few sites reported it. Basically:

Cassandra Cain eats a diamond with Black Mask's d!ck pics and BM is out hunting for said DPs.

I pray to God it's not true because that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard for any movie, Uwe Boll and Seltzer/Friedberg movies included. If WB were ever even CONSIDERING this, then that just shows the DC properties are NOT in good hands.

But then again, this IS the same studio that greenlit a Trench movie and gave us the "Martha" moment in BvS, so it's not totally outside the realm of possibility.

Edited by KManX89

11 hours ago, KManX89 said:

It won't, $500m is an outlier for R-rated films and this looks absolutely dreadful.

If Joker doesn't cross $500m, then Turds of Prey sure as hell won't.

I would be surprised if Joker does not make over $500 million, but yes if that cannot reach that mark I agree Birds of Prey might not, maybe the comic book world has become over saturated with too many movies.  But with Birds of Prey having a female director, writer and Margot Robbie as one of the producers even, there will be plenty of female comic book fans/cos play fans across the world that will go see this movie.

And I also question Birds of Prey being rated R, I seriously doubt that, what would happen in it that would make it rated R?  The quality might not be there sure, no idea why 'Black Mask' Ewan McGregor does not have any black mask on at all compared to the comic in the trailer, that would have been a unique eye catching touch.  This below is just fanart so not legit to the movie but would be a nice addition I think.

ewan-mcgregor-black-mask-birds-of-prey-m

But it is unique, has that neon vibe to it, new young director, and is something possibly a little different many might want to see.  The wardrobe choices in this movie are different and sure they were going with that just because they are different.  Not sure why they did not go with the classic black and red of Harley Quinn in the cartoons though.  The red, white and blue she had in Suicide Squad worked a ton with the baseball bat and makeup.  Going more girlie with this one but will see how it all works.  

Still think she is an interesting enough female comic book character that will easily gain attention and make some cash.  

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

A few sites reported it. Basically:

Hide contents

Cassandra Cain eats a diamond with Black Mask's d!ck pics and BM is out hunting for said DPs.

I pray to God it's not true because that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard for any movie, Uwe Boll and Seltzer/Friedberg movies included. If WB were ever even CONSIDERING this, then that just shows the DC properties are NOT in good hands.

But then again, this IS the same studio that greenlit a Trench movie and gave us the "Martha" moment in BvS, so it's not totally outside the realm of possibility.

Who is the original source though? You can always trace it back. Don’t trust Reddit, Wgtc, or cosmic.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:28 AM, THE DUKE said:

Is this going to be R rated?  I'll be shocked if it isn't PG-13.

And I guess Harley Quinn and the Harley Quinns featuring Harley Quinn would have been a little too on the nose for a title.

It IS gonna be R, shockingly enough.

It won't matter, though, everything about this movie points to it being a trainwreck. It looks like WB is still batting a no-hitter on crossovers.