Johnny Nix

Would you trade AJ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade AJ?

• Yes for a 2nd round pick or more
    • No hes an important piece to build on
    • Maybe, but only for a 1st rounder

On 10/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, sparky151 said:

The problem with the Bengals rebuilding isn't lack of tools to do the job. We'll have high picks next year and plenty of cap room. It's the management team in place which is a crippling liability to the team's competitiveness. Taylor will have a chance to hire some new coaches and if we don't blow the picks we should be adding some talent. Maybe we can dump the Hart type sluggards too. But we won't be adding anyone top tier in free agency even though we could afford it. So the older talents on the roster will continue to age before the window reopens to win a playoff game.

Since i'm here...

What is your GM situation? I see your coach making personnel comments all the time and wiki has your owner as the GM as well.....who's actually calling the shots?

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Since i'm here...

What is your GM situation? I see your coach making personnel comments all the time and wiki has your owner as the GM as well.....who's actually calling the shots?

Duke Tobin.  Taylor is the only one that will speak during the season however.  That's why you're hearing from him about personnel matters.

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Nothing taken wrong here.

Maybe I came off as too harsh as well. I understand you're not actively trying to "get rid of players" but the fact that he's hurt is absolutely a factor in any trade in season and would garner you less in a deal than you think he would be worth.

While I understand the Bengals are more than content to keep him/resign him I'm referencing the same point that I made with William Jackson, the point of a trade is to try and get better pieces back for a rebuild. If trading a guy who will be 32 before the season starts and hasn't played a full season in 3 of the last 4 years and will expect a large contract at the end of the season can get you younger/cheaper/more pieces towards a rebuild you have to consider it. If you aren't able to get pieces back you think will be worth it then you stay the course.

It's all about risk.

Risk of AJ Green falling off a cliff or never being healthy, or risk that a 2nd/3rd round pick never pans out.

I agree they'll have a hard time getting a 1st round pick back for AJ.

I don't think they'll trade him.  I think they'll resign him, and i think that's the right move.  AJ's style of play lends itself to a longer career if he can stay healthy.  I think he can be very effective for another 3-4 years, so i'd pay the man and let him retire a Bengals legend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

This week is gonna tell us a lot about if the Bengals have changed at all with the trade deadline. History suggests they won’t do anything. 

They aught to trade Glenn and Eifert at a minimum. Both have value on the market and neither are a part of the long term plan. And neither will get anything of a return as a comp pick. So cut bait and get whatever you can. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I do think there is value in keeping some of your teams all time greats through a rebuild.  What's worth more,  Geno Atkins or 4 years of a second round pick?  

I'm fine with holding some guys, but there's no reason to not trade Eifert or Glenn for whatever they can get. Eifert isn't coming back, and Glenn will for sure hold out. Eifert won't yield any sort of value on a comp pick, and betting on the comp pick means they can't be active in FA. With Glenn, he won't be your LT next year anyway, and keeping a malcontent with concussion issues to play LG is dumb. 

Holding both of those guys will pretty much confirm the front office is completely asinine. There's no logic in keeping both of those guys. Sell them for seventh round picks if that's the value, just sell them for something.