BDL 2019 Week 5 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Hawaii Nightmarchers

SirA1

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Hawaii Nightmarchers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
    • Hawaii Nightmarchers

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think without the ability to consistently run the ball (I like Cohen but he can't bang against that front for a full game) I think Hawaii's quick strike passing game could fall into some traps with IC running a lot of zone this week. Flying to the line and hurrying up quick routes can lead to a player in a zone drifting right into one of those quick throwing lanes, especially if IC does it as consistently as it seems like they will. I think that leads to a couple big defensive plays from IC that could be the game changer in a close one.

IC.

This is basically where I sit.  No Saquon really limited what the Hawaii offense can do.

But to Orca and Pickle, excellent job on picking this up so quickly.  I am legitimately impressed.

This another one of those 4wide base things. You've bunched to one side which while it helps with the passing game it would (in my opinion) stagnate the running game because then you have safeties and a LB with free run on the RB. WRs can be a decent blocker but not quality and are often mismatched. Cohen was amazing up until this year with being the speed option of the two backs in Chi, but breaking tackles isn't his thing which is a necessary thing in four wide. They may have blocks at the oline but the rest is about churning those legs and keep going when tackled at second level. I don't see Cohen doing that especially with Elfein being forced to start.

I will echo the sentiments of others who said the lack of Barkley will make this team pretty one dimensional simply by necessity. The other problem is that I think that dimension will also be a bit lackluster. Those WRs are pretty rough. IC takes this one.

1 hour ago, PR said:

This another one of those 4wide base things. You've bunched to one side which while it helps with the passing game it would (in my opinion) stagnate the running game because then you have safeties and a LB with free run on the RB. WRs can be a decent blocker but not quality and are often mismatched. Cohen was amazing up until this year with being the speed option of the two backs in Chi, but breaking tackles isn't his thing which is a necessary thing in four wide. They may have blocks at the oline but the rest is about churning those legs and keep going when tackled at second level. I don't see Cohen doing that especially with Elfein being forced to start.

And when they do the RPO opens it up for a long TD or even the play action