BDL 2019 Week 5 - Rome Eternals @ Anchorage Wolves

SirA1

Rome Eternals @ Anchorage Wolves  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Anchorage Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2019 at 04:01 AM

I'm going Anchorage here. First of all Kupp should be eligible for this game if the trade didnt get approved til after the deadline, rightfully, he should NOT be considered for Camden and should be considered here.

I think this is a shoot out but in the end, Kittle comes up big, catapulting Ingram for an 83 yard run that leads to a late score 

35-31 Anchorage 

To add to that, in my game, Jlash doesn't even have Kupp listed as part of his team, you know why? Because he wasnt yet. This isnt rl, we arent tied to what a team probably wouldnt do irl, we are tied to the defined rules of the LG and subject to the rules, Kupp is active in this game for Anchorage.

I argue we should implement a “no trading on Sunday” rule to avoid this issue in the future. If you need a dude for your game, trade during the week. If not, wait until after the damn games. I get that interferes with the instant gratification of trading that is apparently a thing in the league but there’s no reason to be trading at 1pm on a Sunday. 

For the record Kupp is active this game in my opinion 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I argue we should implement a “no trading on Sunday” rule to avoid this issue in the future. If you need a dude for your game, trade during the week. If not, wait until after the damn games. I get that interferes with the instant gratification of trading that is apparently a thing in the league but there’s no reason to be trading at 1pm on a Sunday. 

I agree with this 100%

10 minutes ago, Whicker said:

He was traded Saturday 

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

To add to that, in my game, Jlash doesn't even have Kupp listed as part of his team, you know why? Because he wasnt yet. This isnt rl, we arent tied to what a team probably wouldnt do irl, we are tied to the defined rules of the LG and subject to the rules, Kupp is active in this game for Anchorage.

I do know why.  Because he said he didn't have time /want to change his writeup like he posted in thread 

Just now, Whicker said:

If only I had just figured this out. 

There needs to be a rule implemented. There is no reason to make a trade at the time this trade was made other than gratification to the owner 

Yea I just replied when I was going  down.  I reply as I get  to em 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, bcb1213 said:

You don't trade a guy then have him play for your team. Plain and simple.  You see this Irl at trade deadlines.  Players literally get pulled from baseball games when trades are announced deadline day 

A couple things:

1. You don't legislate this. This isn't IRL. The Kupp trade wasn't agreed upon until Sunday morning and wasn't approved in enough time for anyone (you or WW in my case) to account for any changes. You can play it like Kupp isn't there, but you don't get to tell everyone else they have to do it too.

2. This isn't baseball. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

A couple things:

1. You don't legislate this. This isn't IRL. The Kupp trade wasn't agreed upon until Sunday morning and wasn't approved in enough time for anyone (you or WW in my case) to account for any changes. You can play it like Kupp isn't there, but you don't get to tell everyone else they have to do it too.

2. This isn't baseball. 

Ehh but I did account for it.  Check my write up 

That being said, I'm going with Rome in this one. I think his game plan was far more detailed, where Counselor did the thing I gave Rags and Xmad some pause for with "we're going to run power man inside and outside and heavy zone scheme. We're going to lean TE heavy in the pass game but also target the WR's a ton". It's a lack of not necessarily detail....but focus I guess in the game plan?

• Like 2