MNF: Browns @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Did anyone else notice how many Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis jerseys there were in the stadium last night? Has it really been that long since "9er" fans cared about the team?

This is embarrassing- but I have to confess that I still have, and still wear!, my game-worn, autographed, LEO NOMELLINI jersey from waaay back! Leo personally inscribed it, AND the trading card you see below, "To Scooter- My Greatest Fan! Big Leo". 

(But no fair calling me "Scooter", I don't answer to that any more!)

Image result for Leo Nomellini in old-time San Francisco 49ers jersey
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What a game! As a nick bosa fan boy, I loved this.

Baker Sanchez is looking worse than any of us expected, even putting aside whatever the OL is. He'd look bad behind Dallas' line the way he's bailing and over throwing.

Put aside whatever OL? Did you not see truly how dominating that 9ers DL was yesterday. Bosa had one of the best single games for a rookie DL in a very long time. He completely owned anyone that tries blocking him. I expected him to own Robinson but even when they bumped him inside, he completely punk’d Bitonio, who is one of the better LGs in the league. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Put aside whatever OL? Did you not see truly how dominating that 9ers DL was yesterday. Bosa had one of the best single games for a rookie DL in a very long time. He completely owned anyone that tries blocking him. I expected him to own Robinson but even when they bumped him inside, he completely punk’d Bitonio, who is one of the better LGs in the league. 

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What a game! As a nick bosa fan boy, I loved this.

...not sure what you're trying to say?

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

...not sure what you're trying to say?

that the major issue wasnt the OL. That is one of the main reason Baker has played so poor. His offensive line has performed as bad as he has and even worse. they are the reason he is constantly bailing and throwing off his back foot. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

that the major issue wasnt the OL. That is one of the main reason Baker has played so poor. His offensive line has performed as bad as he has and even worse. they are the reason he is constantly bailing and throwing off his back foot. 

At times yes, but Baker is also leaving good pockets and putting himself and the offense in tough positions. I'd do anything I could to get Trent Williams. He's just simply not good enough at the moment in the pocket under duress so go help him out by getting one of the best LTs in the game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bzane said:

This is embarrassing- but I have to confess that I still have, and still wear!, my game-worn, autographed, LEO NOMELLINI jersey from waaay back! Leo personally inscribed it, AND the trading card you see below, "To Scooter- My Greatest Fan! Big Leo". 

(But no fair calling me "Scooter", I don't answer to that any more!)

Image result for Leo Nomellini in old-time San Francisco 49ers jersey

Fabulous player. That is a quality jersey you have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Nah. Your owner struck a nerve a few decades ago when he ran away in the middle of the night from Baltimore like a coward and stole that franchise away, leading to Baltimore doing the same thing in 1995.

I don't care what you think. I hate the Colts and wish them nothing but the worst.

That's not really how the Colts move happened. For your research:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Colts/comments/7vwgvr/the_colts_relocation_1984_a_full_and_real_history/

TL;DR

- The Colts were initially saved from relocation in 1972 by Robert Irsay who acquired them from their first owner, who preferred to move them west - Irsay wanted to stay in Baltimore

- Baltimore's Memorial Stadium was old and falling apart, and had to be shared by the Colts and Orioles. There was a plan to replace it but it was scrapped and Baltimore passed an amendment banning funding for any future new stadiums

- The Colts had offers to relocate as early as 1976 but Irsay believed the city would eventually be more agreeable and he spent more than a decade negotiating with them

- When it became clear that a new stadium or renovations to the old one were never coming Irsay began to explore the possibility of relocation - the NFL voted to give him permission to move anywhere he wanted

- Just before the move Maryland passed legislation to exploit eminent domain laws to seize the Colts from Irsay, forcing his hand - leave, or stay and have his team legally stolen

- The Colts left during the night to avoid being stopped by the police from doing so - somehow that then became the only part of the story that anyone ever recounts

Edited by PapaShogun

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

You know the mid 1980s were 30+ years ago right? I think whats even more lame than 12 jerseys is a teams who most iconic win in the last 25 years was a Wildcard victory. Once this current team hits a small bump, most of the 'fans" will put their Vernon Davis jerseys back in the closet, next to their burnt Kapernick jersey and pull out their Steph Curry jerseys for the remainder of 2019. 

Wild card victory? :)

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

At times yes, but Baker is also leaving good pockets and putting himself and the offense in tough positions. I'd do anything I could to get Trent Williams. He's just simply not good enough at the moment in the pocket under duress so go help him out by getting one of the best LTs in the game. 

The issues with the Browns is 

1) coaching 

2) Offensive line

3) Baker

The Freddie the Browns currently have isn’t the Freddie that got the HC’ing job. The Ravens game has been the closes we have been to that kind of Freddie. Also the schemes the Browns are trying to use are just awful. Last night, the browns should have been trying to run and throwing quick passing concepts, something the 9ers did perfectly last night. Nope they tried to call 5-7 step drop plays, where Bosa was teeing off on the poor OL and god forbid the few times they tried to block him straight up with a TE

with the bad concepts, the OL is greatly struggling. Yeah the browns lost Zeitler but last time I remember, he played on the right side. The Browns pass blocking to the left of Robinson Bitonio and Tretter have been awful, pretty sure Bosa destroyed each of them at least once. I know he made Bitonio look silly a few times. It was kinda crazy. He made Bitonio look like he was the white Greg Robinson at times. 

then Baker. I think he is trying way to hard. He is forcing so many things because when he does get time or a play develops properly he try’s to make the big play and it usually wasn’t the right play or read. Again going back to the Ravens game. He didn’t try to force things

Trent Williams isn’t the answer and he would be a waste of a 1st rd pick. You have no idea how many good years he has left and we have no idea how long it would take to get him into shape, or for him to grasp the offense

5 minutes ago, YahtzeeFish said:

Jimmy G is still very average... He has some plays where he throws it at the DB... but regardless Niners are LEGIT! When you can run it down people's throat it's a good sign! Just see how Atlanta is doing to see how great Shanahan is :)

Every QB has those plays.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

That's not really how the Colts move happened. For your research:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Colts/comments/7vwgvr/the_colts_relocation_1984_a_full_and_real_history/

TL;DR

- The Colts were initially saved from relocation in 1972 by Robert Irsay who acquired them from their first owner, who preferred to move them west - Irsay wanted to stay in Baltimore

- Baltimore's Memorial Stadium was old and falling apart, and had to be shared by the Colts and Orioles. There was a plan to replace it but it was scrapped and Baltimore passed an amendment banning funding for any future new stadiums

- The Colts had offers to relocate as early as 1976 but Irsay believed the city would eventually be more agreeable and he spent more than a decade negotiating with them

- When it became clear that a new stadium or renovations to the old one were never coming Irsay began to explore the possibility of relocation - the NFL voted to give him permission to move anywhere he wanted

- Just before the move Maryland passed legislation to exploit eminent domain laws to seize the Colts from Irsay, forcing his hand - leave, or stay and have his team legally stolen

- The Colts left during the night to avoid being stopped by the police from doing so - somehow that then became the only part of the story that anyone ever recounts

LOL