MNF: Browns @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

I don't trust reddit as a source, but would you trust forbes?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/instituteforjustice/2014/03/28/thirty-years-ago-baltimore-tried-to-use-eminent-domain-to-seize-an-nfl-team/ 

If that part of the story is true, I completely understand why they moved. Can you imagine an NFL franchise that is owned by a city?

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't trust reddit as a source, but would you trust forbes?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/instituteforjustice/2014/03/28/thirty-years-ago-baltimore-tried-to-use-eminent-domain-to-seize-an-nfl-team/ 

If that part of the story is true, I completely understand why they moved. Can you imagine an NFL franchise that is owned by a city?

(I fear the politics in California is going to have a similar effect on certain things... some of these cities like to play god)

Damn that was a boss move seems like the only people still hung up on it are baby boomers or people close in age with them lol.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Damn that was a boss move seems like the only people still hung up on it are baby boomers or people close in age with them lol.

Irsay did the right thing to move if the city was going to legally steal his team. To hell with that. Once the Colts were gone, Baltimore changed it's tune, and started work on Camden Yards because they didn't want to lose the Orioles. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Didn't say anything about the Patriots specifically, but yes a team multiple championships would be a start to wear the label of dynasty.  :)

So by your logic, a dynasty can only be created by beating an abnormal pair in Belichick/Brady in the playoffs.

Do the Giants fit your criteria as a dynasty or no?

15 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So by your logic, a dynasty can only be created by beating an abnormal pair in Belichick/Brady in the playoffs.

Do the Giants fit your criteria as a dynasty or no?

Again, I didn't mention the Patriots specifically. I said multiple championships would be a start. A start. You're putting words in my mouth like you're putting artificial facts in your head.

As for the Giants no, because they didn't have sustained success in between the two championships they won. Two championships with the main contributors intact even with sustained success in between them, I'd probably not even consider a dynasty. Just like I didn't consider the Cowboys of the 70s a dynasty. 

So...just to be clear, one championship for you equals dynasty right? 

Edited by PapaShogun

18 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Again, I didn't mention the Patriots specifically. I said multiple championships would be a start. A start. You're putting words in my mouth like you're putting artificial facts in your head.

You responded to my original post by pointing out championships in a era driven by Brady/belichick. That's not putting words in your mouth. Read below.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:14 AM, JustAnotherFan said:

Not quite sure where you're going with this but associating QB's to wins when discussing coaches is generally a bad take. 

As an outsider who has no allegiance to any NFC West team I would still take both McVay AND Carrol over Kyle right now simply because I'm more of a seeing is believing type. I have watched one coach (Carroll) create a dynasty that appeared in two consecutive SB's (although he is reaching the end of his run) and another young coach who took over a Fisher led team that was a laughing stock of the league for years, changed the culture of the locker room entirely and lead his team to the SB in only his 2nd season as HC.

I'm not saying Kyle is a bad coach by any means but he has a long ways to go before he proves that he his better than either those HC's.

How do you create a dynasty with one championship? :)

Edited by JustAnotherFan