MNF: Browns @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Thing is that Baker can sling it, Jimmy G can't. The Browns DL is for real and so is your defense. I just want to see SF win this game tbh and that possibility ENTIRELY hinges upon how well their DL plays.

What? Where are you getting that from? If anything, Jimmy slings it too much...that's why his int rate is so bad. But look at his yards per attempt, adjusted net yards per attempt, etc. His peripherals are all top notch and largely have been since he's been with the 49ers. 

Just now, Forge said:

That's some final score box score scouting. If you watched that game, that is not how it played out. The 49ers pretty much moved the ball with ease, and outside of two drives, Pittsburgh had nothing going offensively. The game should have been a blow out. The 49ers had five turnovers, how often does that happen? 3 of them were in the red zone, I believe. And three of them were completely unforced by Pitt, just stupid errors by the 49ers. They somehow hit a man in motion with a shotgun snap. Another was a pitch, I believe. Both INTs hit the receiver (the second would have been a tough catch, the first one should have been caught and instead Breida knocked the ball up in the air). 

i could make the same argument about the TEN game?  every good play we had we got a penalty, compeltely unforced.  baker pushed in the fourth and we lost.  

Just now, Forge said:

What? Where are you getting that from? If anything, Jimmy slings it too much...that's why his int rate is so bad. But look at his yards per attempt, adjusted net yards per attempt, etc. His peripherals are all top notch and largely have been since he's been with the 49ers. 

If a QB has to put the game on his shoulders, I trust Baker way more to do that than Jimmy G. I'm just not a believer whatsoever in Jimmy G.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i could make the same argument about the TEN game?  every good play we had we got a penalty, compeltely unforced.  baker pushed in the fourth and we lost.  

I mean, okay? 

Not sure how that is relevant given that I didn't make a comment on the Tennessee game? I was talking specifically about your comment regarding the Pitt / 49ers game. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If a QB has to put the game on his shoulders, I trust Baker way more to do that than Jimmy G. I'm just not a believer whatsoever in Jimmy G.

Oh, well, that's fair. I don't trust either to do that right now, but I'm a big sample size guy and neither has done that enough or played enough for me to have that kind of faith in them. 

Jimmy undoubtedly will have multiple bonehead passes this game. Can count on that. They may get picked, or he may get lucky and they won't lol. You wouldn't think it about him, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Brett Favre in that dude. 

49ers vs Browns GDT with six pages of bickering back and forth from Browns and Ravens fans. Love it!!!! Lol.

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Like I said, I think that will be the key to the game. If we can keep the pocket relatively clean and Baker gets rid of the ball quickly, we could be successful. But that DL is dangerous and could definitely cause us problems.

That is a key both ways. I can't stress enough how bad our OL was against the Steelers a few weeks back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, okay? 

Not sure how that is relevant given that I didn't make a comment on the Tennessee game? I was talking specifically about your comment regarding the Pitt / 49ers game. 

relevant in the sense that you can make apologies for your team to look better and i can make apologies for my team to look better

at the end of the day you got a weak record coming into this game.  not saying you wont be the better team tonight very well may be.  i think ravens/9ers fans seem to be overlooking us tho

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, well, that's fair. I don't trust either to do that right now, but I'm a big sample size guy and neither has done that enough or played enough for me to have that kind of faith in them. 

Jimmy undoubtedly will have multiple bonehead passes this game. Can count on that. They may get picked, or he may get lucky and they won't lol. You wouldn't think it about him, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Brett Favre in that dude. 

That's great because on the other sideline you have another version of Brett Favre. So it's like discount Brett Favre against Dollar Store Brett Favre!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

relevant in the sense that you can make apologies for your team to look better and i can make apologies for my team to look better

at the end of the day you got a weak record coming into this game.  not saying you wont be the better team tonight very well may be.  i think ravens/9ers fans seem to be overlooking us tho

Since when was 3-0 a weak record???

I think you meant to say we have beaten three weak opponents?

And how can you say Niners fans are overlooking the Browns? I don't see it that way at all. I mean I can easily flip it the other way and say Browns fans are overlooking the Niners. 

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Eh, that's more Ravens fans that are doing that. I think most 49ers fans have been fair and think this game could go either way.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I had to read that twice to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. You must really not like Jimmy G to say that you'd rather have Baker. xD;) 

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I had to read that twice to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. You must really not like Jimmy G to say that you'd rather have Baker. xD;) 

I just don't think he's a good QB lol that's all. Like Baker is the real deal, but the way to beat him is to pressure him and he crumbles and makes mistakes. We all saw what Baker can do to you when you give him a clean pocket and blow every coverage in the secondary.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Eh, that's more Ravens fans that are doing that. I think most 49ers fans have been fair and think this game could go either way.

Correct, most are a bit unsure how this game goes. I'm seeing very few that think the 49ers just blow through the Browns. 

• Like 1

This game just has a weird feel to me...what does Vegas know that the rest of us don't. Most people love the 49ers here. I'm not saying that SF won't win, but the gap seems large. What are we missing here?

The SF DL vs. the Cleveland OL is going to be key, but the Browns missing multiple starting CBs against the SF WR corps is also big...but SF has a dinged up secondary as well.

Both teams LOVE/are at their best running the football, so I'm interested to see this matchup.

Just now, MWil23 said:

This game just has a weird feel to me...what does Vegas know that the rest of us don't. Most people love the 49ers here. I'm not saying that SF won't win, but the gap seems large. What are we missing here?

The SF DL vs. the Cleveland OL is going to be key, but the Browns missing multiple starting CBs against the SF WR corps is also big...but SF has a dinged up secondary as well.

Both teams LOVE/are at their best running the football, so I'm interested to see this matchup.

Vegas only has it -4.5, no? They are probably just banking on the 49ers having the bye week plus additional day in their favor while the Browns are traveling to the West Coast. But I don't think the odds are crazy or anything with the home team usually getting -3 off the bat.