Week 6: Eagles (3-2) at VIKINGS (3-2)

swede700

4 hours ago, Torchezim said:

I don’t think they are.  

We will see. 

Yeah, I don't think they are either.  When we played them Week 1 last year they had the look of a playoff team back then.  They lost Garrapolo for the year, but now that he's back and getting into the swing of things, they are looking good.  Their running game looks great too.

As far as our game this week is concerned, I actually picked the Eagles in our Pick 'Em contest.  I'm just afraid they will dominate the trenches again, and Cousins is going to have to prove he can win a game against a better team before I believe in him completely.  I hope I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, I don't think they are either.  When we played them Week 1 last year they had the look of a playoff team back then.  They lost Garrapolo for the year, but now that he's back and getting into the swing of things, they are looking good.  Their running game looks great too.

As far as our game this week is concerned, I actually picked the Eagles in our Pick 'Em contest.  I'm just afraid they will dominate the trenches again, and Cousins is going to have to prove he can win a game against a better team before I believe in him completely.  I hope I'm wrong.

I hope Cousins is put in a high pressure situation.  He needs to get over that mental hurdle, or whatever it is that holds him back from being able to be effective in big game situations. 

He needs to play up to that 84 million dollar contract.  I hope he proves me wrong over and over again. 

25 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I hope Cousins is put in a high pressure situation.  He needs to get over that mental hurdle, or whatever it is that holds him back from being able to be effective in big game situations. 

He needs to play up to that 84 million dollar contract.  I hope he proves me wrong over and over again. 

Last week wasn't great competition but I would say it was a very high pressure situation and he went onto the road and played well. Everyone was unhappy and it felt like he was close to losing any support that he had left. Maybe it was better in the locker room and he didn't feel much of the pressure but idk. 

14 hours ago, swede700 said:

I've thought that was the target date from the jump. It's not that this game isn't important but In Division @ the Cowgirls is far more important NFCE wise for DeSean to play then possibly having a set back vs your physical defense Sunday. 

Sucks this week for Us,  great news for You.

7 hours ago, Torchezim said:

I hope Cousins is put in a high pressure situation.  He needs to get over that mental hurdle, or whatever it is that holds him back from being able to be effective in  big      gamesituations. 

Best way to help him get over it:

nFNMGjk.png

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:02 PM, Danger said:

Wentz looked meh in the Jets game but we didn't need him to do much so it's not all bad in that regard. Wentz looked very good in 3.5 games this year. Meh in the Jets game, and bad in the first half against Atlanta.

I’m from philly, so I watch both my Vikings games as well as eagles. Wentz has not looked bad during any of these games tbh. There have been more than 8 dropped passes that would have improved his passing statistics by a lot if caught. Wentz has been balling, his receivers just been dropping the ball, literally.

7 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I’m from philly, so I watch both my Vikings games as well as eagles. Wentz has not looked bad during any of these games tbh. There have been more than 8 dropped passes that would have improved his passing statistics by a lot if caught. Wentz has been balling, his receivers just been dropping the ball, literally.

^ this. from PFF: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterbacks-playing-better-worse-than-box-score-stats

Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles

PFF passing grade: 88.4 (2nd)
Passer rating: 94.3 (19
th)

Let’s take a look at one quarterback at the other end of the spectrum. So far this season, there aren’t many quarterbacks who are playing much better than their stats would indicate, but Carson Wentz does stick out as his PFF grade is far better than his No. 19 ranking in passer rating. As we highlighted last week, Wentz has had incredibly bad luck, as many of his best throws have fallen incomplete thus far this season. He has the most positively graded throws that have fallen incomplete, including five big-time throws. Those five accurate big-time throws would move Wentz up about 10 spots in passer rating, highlighting just how significant just five plays can be in shaping player perception. 

MIA.gif

If Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins plays better when he’s angry, Eagles linebacker Zach Brown might have just provided the motivation.

“Cousins, I think every defense is going to want that guy to throw the ball,” Brown said. “For me, that’s probably the weakest part of their offense is him. Everything else is good. They’ve got a good running game, probably one of the best in the league. They have real good receivers.

“You just want them to pass the ball. You want Kirk Cousins to get it in his hands.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/11/zach-brown-trashes-kirk-cousins-ahead-of-sundays-game/

29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Kline is now out again, I expect we'll see Dozier again at RG.  

We've seen Dozier a lot this year. I wish it was because he passed one of the other guys on the depth chart rather than owing to injury of a guy in front of him. No matter, the line should have an idea how to play with Dozier considering all the action he has seen in the first five games.