Raiders trade for Zay Jones

OG_C2X

If I remember he’s the son of a former football player. A LB from the Cowboys if I recall. Had potential and is still young. After seeing the success we had with Davis I’m on board with their WR evaluations. Just add a piece to the puzzle and depth at a position that’s changed a lot from training camp. Also wouldn’t stop us from adding another WR.

"I thought along with Haason Reddick, he handled the process better than anybody in college football. He's got hands and toughness. ... People thought he couldn't run because most of his offense was underneath. I'll tell you right now, he ran away from people at the Senior Bowl. He went from a third- or fourth-round selection to a high second-round because he trusted the process." -- Mike Mayock

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am a big Cory Davis fan and would love to land him but not sure what he would cost.  He is underutilized bc he has a trash QB.  Diamond in the rough who could come here and be the #1 we have been missing.  

I think the Titans wouldn't part with him for less than a 2nd. They probably aren't planning on keeping Mariota beyond this season and keeping Davis would make it fertile ground for a possible veteran free-agent quarterback next offseason.

On Jones: I watched all of his targets this season and some from last season and it seems like he's an easy separator with serious hands problems. He has good deep speed but the ball has to be on him; he's not the type to make a play when the ball is in the air or make a quarterback look right by adjusting to slightly errant throws.

Something else that stood out to me watching Jones is how seriously inaccurate Josh Allen is.