Genard Avery

TypicalBrowns10

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Can someone explain how this guy doesn't see the field? High end motor and can rush the passer as well as drop into some coverage. I know he's not great but the dude okayed so well last year or so I thought.

Mainly its due  to the numbers game, unfortunately for him chad Thomas is playing fairy decent right now and he can shift inside and outside 

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Mainly its due  to the numbers game, unfortunately for him chad Thomas is playing fairy decent right now and he can shift inside and outside 

How about at LB over Adarius Taylor?

WTF has that dude done all season to warrant getting to dress??

Let’s just be real, Genard clearly dickt down someone’s Mrs., it’s the only logical explanation.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How about at LB over Adarius Taylor?

WTF has that dude done all season to warrant getting to dress??

Let’s just be real, Genard clearly dickt down someone’s Mrs., it’s the only logical explanation.

Well in Wilks defense he usually only plays 2 LB and all year Avery has been seen as more of a DE by the team, Taylor is an elite special teams player, a lot of the reason he was brought in, idk if Avery is just unwilling or just doesn’t play special teams well. That’s my guess, they want more numbers at different positions such as DB and DL and as far as DL goes he’s behind Garrett, Vernon, and doesn’t have the versatility to slide inside like Chris Smith or Chad Thomas

Then trade him if he is no use to the team and your going to DNP him every week. I bet some team out there will give up a 6th for him. If your not going to use him--trade him for something. Makes no sense to basically not dress a talented player every week that somebody else would want because he doesnt fit your scheme

Just now, NateDawg said:

Vernon has 11 tackles and a sack on the year.  So far he’s not been a worthwhile acquisition or even as good as we saw out of Avery as a rusher last year. Maybe that will change. 

Correct

As of right now, we'd be just as good/if not better having retained Zeitler and starting Avery at DE, especially with our OL woes. 

11 minutes ago, #32 said:

Concur with MWil23!

What about Corbett G?

If Corbett can't play C going forward, I think he's a 2020 cut. Awful draft pick. Should have gone Hernandez if we wanted an interior OL. It's hard to get upset after getting Baker/Ward/others (although with Ward's injury history and Baker's struggles right now, it's not as instantly awesome as we thought in 2019), but that's a bad miss early in the 2nd. The kid can't even get on the field and our OL is an absolute train wreck. I'm betting we cut bait with him next year. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Correct

As of right now, we'd be just as good/if not better having retained Zeitler and starting Avery at DE, especially with our OL woes. 

I Don’t even think Zeitler would be playing well. It’s like last year. Where we tried all those long complicated passing concepts and WR routes. It got our OL absolutely destroyed. Freddie comes in last year and changes it to a quick game passing scheme and running scheme with homerun play action calls. Now fast forward to now and we are back where we were week 6 of last year. Maybe having OCs names Todd is a curse for this team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I Don’t even think Zeitler would be playing well.

1. I vehemently disagree

2. He'd be an immediate huge upgrade over any/all of our RGs right now

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s like last year. Where we tried all those long complicated passing concepts and WR routes. It got our OL absolutely destroyed.

There's a difference between the once that Hue drew up and the PA passes that we hit well downfield last year. We didn't stop long and complicated routes, we just simplified the plays and predicated the entire offense on playaction passes and limiting Baker to 1/2 of the field.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Correct

Agreed, but there isn't much we can do about it now but move forward, my question is the media finds a way to ask about every little thing, why haven't they made a big deal about asking about Avery?

I just don't get it, from what I saw, he was a high effort, high character player who made an impact when he played

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. I vehemently disagree

2. He'd be an immediate huge upgrade over any/all of our RGs right now

There's a difference between the once that Hue drew up and the PA passes that we hit well downfield last year. We didn't stop long and complicated routes, we just simplified the plays and predicated the entire offense on playaction passes and limiting Baker to 1/2 of the field.

Zeitler and the whole OL was pretty garbage before we had the offensive overhaul last year. We’re not running the same offense but we are having the same issues. Having a better RG would be saving anything right now especially when the entire Leftside craps down their leg like they did Monday