Genard Avery

TypicalBrowns10

I am not giving up on Corbett yet.......hell I had to Champion Rashad Higgins for 2 seasons before he showed up and has arguably been our most consistent WR when healthy. Sometimes its not Madden...and it takes a little while for the person to get adjusted to the NFL level.

Sometimes it takes a Brand new group of coaches who have never worked together more than 4 games to get in sync with one another.

Relax folks.....we got the right ingredients........sometimes its like good BBQ.....you put a Pork Shoulder on the pit and its looking good enough to eat after 4 hours on the smoker....but you know what its going to taste like after another 8 hours of low and slow .....

Whole+Hog.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s been inexcusable. Vernon has been terrible. Avery showed so much potential last year. Give the man a shot. 

Vernon has been ok imo, but the whole of he dline has under performed their talent, Myles is getting a lot of sacks, but we should be generating more pressure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Vernon has been ok imo, but the whole of he dline has under performed their talent, Myles is getting a lot of sacks, but we should be generating more pressure. 

Agreed, out DL has the talent to be Chicago Bears-esq but that have looked extremely average as a whole through 5 games. You cant tease us with that Tampa Bay performance then look nothing like that again all year

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed, out DL has the talent to be Chicago Bears-esq but that have looked extremely average as a whole through 5 games. You cant tease us with that Tampa Bay performance then look nothing like that again all year

Part of it too though is 40% of our games have been getting blown out and teams just running the ball the second half.

If we could ever manage to get up a couple of scores and let these guys pin their ears back we may see something.

16 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Good feedback. I'm just saying how can you say journeyman Smith or Taylor see the field over him. You can't teach that motor and he was coming along as a pass rusher

I'd go as far to say he might be our most explosive rusher outside of Garrett, and on top of that he has FRESH LEGS. This is truly puzzling....

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 8:20 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Part of it too though is 40% of our games have been getting blown out and teams just running the ball the second half.

If we could ever manage to get up a couple of scores and let these guys pin their ears back we may see something.

The offense hasn't helped the defense but we have been in every game besides the 49er game. The Titans game got ugly in the 4th quarter but was still competitive in the 3rd.

Overall the defense has been better than I expected. I wasn't a fan of the Wilkes hire but before last week I was impressed. Last week we have up 4 TDs and 2 FG attempts (misses) in the first 8 drives. Even if our offense did their job we would have been behind all game because of the defense.

We've seen glimpses of success (Ravens game) so the coaching staff needs to take that and go with it. We aren't going to get an 80 yard Chubb run every week but we were eating up yards all day. Still had some scoring issues but that is the offense we need to bring not what we've seen every other game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'd go as far to say he might be our most explosive rusher outside of Garrett, and on top of that he has FRESH LEGS. This is truly puzzling....

I just dont think he is there yet as a DE. Especially with Thomas looking good. They already play 8 on the DL. He doesnt have a position as a LB. I believe Vernon wont be back so maybe that is when he will get his shot. hence why they wont move on from him. Maybe give him the season to fully develop as a DE and unleash him next year.

Thats the only thing I can think of, of why he isnt being use

• Like 1