Week 7 GDT: The Saints

JAF-N72EX

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Crazy thing to me is that special teams is why the Bears are losing AND why the Bears are on the board right now. 

I'd say Anthony Miller is the reason they were trailing, since the STs is outscoring the Saints.  

On the sack, I think Tru slipped trying to step right, Gabriel was uncovering to the right hash

Just now, MonserinNC said:

I know we cant talk race on here but legit.......what was the reason we would ever take Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson.....dont talk race haha....but foreal......what is a valid reason for Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson???

I'm not sure. I wanted Watson personally. 

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

I know we cant talk race on here but legit.......what was the reason we would ever take Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson.....dont talk race haha....but foreal......what is a valid reason for Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson???

Mahomes had a TON of questions.  He easily had the most arm talent, but also had the greatest accuracy concerns and was inconsistent as all get out.  I was a Watson guy, but there were questions about his arm talent and was he a product of a loaded team.  Trubisky was incredibly accurate, was every bit the athlete as Wataon and Mahomes, had more than enough arm talent, only real question was why the 13 starts.

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

People assumed Mahomes was a gunslinger that would be a turnover machine and was a system player. G08 and I argued against that for 2 years. Not that we knew he would be THAT good of course. 

Watson was big in big games but was reckless with the ball and had durability concerns due to how be put his body out there. His accuracy was kind of scattershot too. But he had elite weapons that could outplay DBs for position and make the plays on those bad balls. Like how Manziel relied on Evans. 

Tru had less experience but was assumed to be able to be coached up and had traits they liked. Athletic, showed good accuracy consistently, etc.