Week 6 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

It's kind of amazing how Bosa has become the face of our defense from the national media. Sure it has almost everything to do with the Browns game being the first one they have watched of the team all season, but it has been Bosa this or Bosa that.

Not mad at it at all and with Spoon out, you could say he's been our best defender thus far. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's kind of amazing how Bosa has become the face of our defense from the national media. Sure it has almost everything to do with the Browns game being the first one they have watched of the team all season, but it has been Bosa this or Bosa that.

Not mad at it at all and with Spoon out, you could say he's been our best defender thus far. 

Kwon Alexander deserves some love as well. He's been a real leader on the field and has been playing at a high level.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Kwon Alexander deserves some love as well. He's been a real leader on the field and has been playing at a high level.

I was definitely wrong about Kwon. He's been awesome, mainly in the pass game. Him and Warner are legit in coverage and that is such a big advantage every week. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was definitely wrong about Kwon. He's been awesome, mainly in the pass game. Him and Warner are legit in coverage and that is such a big advantage every week. 

They both can cover and hit hard. I'm sure it makes some receivers think a little when crossing the middle of the field.

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

His recovery from the torn ACL has been one of the more amazing feats I've seen. Seeing McKinnon deal with his stuggles and a guy like Navarro Bowman never fully regain that level of agility had me pretty pessimistic too. 

9 minutes ago, nayad said:

His recovery from the torn ACL has been one of the more amazing feats I've seen. Seeing McKinnon deal with his stuggles and a guy like Navarro Bowman never fully regain that level of agility had me pretty pessimistic too. 

Didn't Bowman tear just about everything in his knee? I don't think it was just the ACL. For McKinnon, I'm wondering if something got botched in the procedure or his body just isn't responding well to the recovery. Something abnormal is going on with McKinnon's knee.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Didn't Bowman tear just about everything in his knee? I don't think it was just the ACL. For McKinnon, I'm wondering if something got botched in the procedure or his body just isn't responding well to the recovery. Something abnormal is going on with McKinnon's knee.

Yeah, it wasn't the same thing. Kwon's was pretty clean. Bowman's was a complete mess. He did everything but dislocate his kneecap for the most part if I remember right. It was a shredding of his knee, not just a tear. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And besides, Bowman DID return to Pro Bowl level in 2016........Only to get hurt again and then he never fully recovered after that. But in 2016 he was back on his way to being a Pro Bowl player and then he tore his ACL. Such terrible luck. 

Not his ACL his Achillies tendon

While i am expecting a very competitive game, i fully expect the Niners to come out with the 'W'. If the Rams were fully healthy, i would be much more skeptical, but as of right now Gurley, Talib, Mathews are all banged up and may not play (Matthews for sure). Outside of Aaron Donald, i dont see anything threatening on their D-line even with our replacement tackles in the game.

That being said, I expect our defense to pull this one out for us. The Rams O-line (on Paper) just doesn't look like it can stack up to our D-line and Goff is a different QB when he is uncomfortable and forced to move his feet. McVay will definitely provide our best test to date, but if we are gonna take the next step, we should win this game.

GO NINERS!!!

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

He tore an ACL and MCL so yea it does compound the injury but my point was more of just how fluid Kwon looks after only like 9 months since the torn ACL. That achilles injury a couple years later is just killer, career essentially over at 28. 

I think this is another victory for the niners this week, but i will say its a weird feeling going into this game with THIS much confidence in running behind Person, Tomlinson, and Richburg. Scoring early has been a huge key to controlling the game and keeping the running game the focal point.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams have a blitz heavy load the box approach with these rookie tackles and no Juice to protect Jimmy. I hope to see a lot of 2 back sets alternating our 3 headed monster at RB.  

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

When did Gurley get hurt? 

He just randomly showed up on the injury report on Wednesday. The Rams were even surprised about it. Some sort of Quad issue. Sounded like a bruise at first, but honestly, that can't be right. There's no way I think that even a deep tissue bruise would keep him out 5 days later, I think.