the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Dude different crew same call.  What don't you understand about the rule?  You have to control the ball through the process of the catch including going to the ground.  If you lose control of the ball when you hit the ground it's an incomplete pass period.  It's been called this way for years.  No it's not new and it doesn't matter if you are in the end zone or if you get 2 feet in on the sideline but lose the ball when you hit the ground out of bounds.  Get over it and learn the rules.

Dude, going to the ground is gone.

I know, it's hard to keep up when they change or tweak  the rules every other year.

That's the point, without that, TD depending on crew or league mandate.

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

Right, so despite the semantics and all the words, different crew and that could totally be a TD, no? 

Im not for being thrown for words, but that's a TD and always should be a TD.

Not for tonight, but forever after.

Explain exactly how much time is needed  for that to be a TD? Another  quarter second? Half?

Stupid rule and stupid implementation

You will never create a set of rules such that infractions can be determined automatically without requiring human judgement. So yes, some subjective judgement comes into play. That is not a defect. I think the rule is poorly written. I also think this case is neither a completion nor a TD, nor should it be. I'd say the same thing if it were a GB player, and have done so in the past. I would not want the rules re-written to classify a play like this as a TD.

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

that's quite the gift call there. 

On those 2 calls against Flowers Bak tilted his head back so perhaps that was what made the ref think it was hands to the face?

Those still photos in this thread show why Bak's head was tilted that way.

Edited by Pugger

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

You will never create a set of rules such that infractions can be determined automatically without requiring human judgement. So yes, some subjective judgement comes into play. That is not a defect. I think the rule is poorly written. I also think this case is neither a completion nor a TD, nor should it be. I'd say the same thing if it were a GB player, and have done so in the past. I would not want the rules re-written to classify a play like this as a TD.

So what always was a TD you wouldn't argue should be a TD? Because they've butchered these rules for an entire decade?

I doubt that. Ive layed in the weeds for a long, long time and I have a hard time believing you'd say that.

And so it goes.

3 hours ago, SSG said:

Wow, got lucky that wasn't a penalty.  Redmond got torched and interfered.  

I noticed Detroit didn't even bother challenging it.  This has been going on all over the league = DPI not called so HC throws out red hankie and the refs don't change it.  We got skunked on one of those against Philly.

3 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

So what always was a TD you wouldn't argue should be a TD? Because they've butchered these rules for an entire decade?

I doubt that. Ive layed in the weeds for a long, long time and I have a hard time believing you'd say that.

And so it goes.

If a player does not have sufficient control of the ball to maintain possession while contacting the ground, I don't think it should be a completion. I wouldn't call that a completion in a pickup game, even if it was me on the receiving end of the pass.

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

If a player does not have sufficient control of the ball to maintain possession while contacting the ground, I don't think it should be a completion. I wouldn't call that a completion in a pickup game, even if it was me on the receiving end of the pass.

Yeah, but contacting the ground was new, and is now old news.

Imagine it never was in the books and look at that play again.

Should be a TD no matter the jersey.