the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Hope Tonyan can come back next week and take some of Graham's snaps and then we can get Sternberger after our bye and leave Graham inactive. He's been awful. Total joke trying to block too. 

We only have a 3.7 million cap hit if we release Graham in the offseason.  I think I prefer to give Sternberger the red shirt season.  Hopefully Tonyan gets back soon.  I think he is better than this version of Graham, in every possible way.  Lewis + Tonyan can get us through the season.  Maybe Lewis can come back next season if we don't draft an additional TE.  

20 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

8Ui1wTA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

9WB7Xab_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

looks like hands to the face to me, Booger.  

NFL Gen needs to see these!

Pass 'em around!

I'll admit I could've swore I didn't see hands to the face on either replay, but now, I'm having second thoughts. 

Edited by KManX89

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We only have a 3.7 million cap hit if we release Graham in the offseason.  I think I prefer to give Sternberger the red shirt season.  Hopefully Tonyan gets back soon.  I think he is better than this version of Graham, in every possible way.  Lewis + Tonyan can get us through the season.  Maybe Lewis can come back next season if we don't draft an additional TE.  

There is absolutely no doubt that they release him after this season. He wasn't worth bringing back after the year he had last year, but the cap hit was too big and the depth at TE was still bad enough to where they wanted to roll the dice again in a new system and hope for the best

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Our loss came on a missed DPI sooooooooo...

Yes, one.

Now imagine this forum with three benefit of the doubt calls in the 4th Q that went against GB in a close game.

C'mon, it isn't normally as blatant as tonight.

Remember, there were no calls on either team in an entire Q.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I really hope NFL Network bids on MNF on 2021. A crew with Eisen as the play by play needs to be built.

I wish it would just end.  It was the premier game in the past, but that is now gone.  It is just a pain in the *** now.  I don't even attempt to watch it if the Packers aren't involved.  Maybe get it back on ABC? 

5 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

No, that's not the story IMO.

They were playing a good defense that adjusted.

I don't know, I'm not looking to blame really, it's just extremely tough when you get the short end of the stick routinely.

Y'all would burn this forum down if the calls went the other way against as team you respected, like the 9ers, no?

Buddy, I know you’re hurting, and all I can say is if you’ve ever watched a GB game when they’re not playing your Lions, you’d see we have dozens of calls to go in our favor before we’re even with the blown calls against us.

2 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Yes, one.

Now imagine this forum with three benefit of the doubt calls in the 4th Q that went against GB in a close game.

I mean, it only takes 1 call to decide a game.. and sometimes it's even more blatant! We've seen our share from the other side. Score one more TD in the 1st quarter instead of settling and it doesnt matter anyways. If you leave the game up to the refs, theyll **** it up every time.

10 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

No, that's not the story IMO.

They were playing a good defense that adjusted.

I don't know, I'm not looking to blame really, it's just extremely tough when you get the short end of the stick routinely.

Y'all would burn this forum down if the calls went the other way against as team you respected, like the 9ers, no?

You can 36 plays for 75 yards for three quarters of NFL football. That's why you lost. Good night. 

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Buddy, I know you’re hurting, and all I can say is if you’ve ever watched a GB game when they’re not playing your Lions, you’d see we have dozens of calls to go in our favor before we’re even with the blown calls against us.

I watch GB all the time. 

Y'all get screwed here and there like every other fan base  but what happened tonight was special.

And you know it, and it's not good for the game. The first hands to face looked like a penalty so it's hard to argue... But the second is looking to throw the flag.

And it ended the game.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

There is absolutely no doubt that they release him after this season. He wasn't worth bringing back after the year he had last year, but the cap hit was too big and the depth at TE was still bad enough to where they wanted to roll the dice again in a new system and hope for the best

With that contract, we were kind of forced to, right? It was a 12.5 million hit.  Might as well see if you can squeeze some more blood from the stone.  It is pretty sad.  The guy is a HOF TE, and a large fan base is going to forever remember him as some washed up scrub that stole a roster spot and about $24 million.

5 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Yes, one.

As has been shown like two pages ago, both calls were correct. You can't put the hand in the throat of the guy you are trying to get around. Flowers did it twice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I watch GB all the time. 

Y'all get screwed here and there like every other fan base  but what happened tonight was special.

And you know it, and it's not good for the game. The first hands to face looked like a penalty so it's hard to argue... But the second is looking to throw the flag.

And it ended the game.

I wasn’t sure about the second call until I saw the photo evidence.  It’s pretty clear his hand was deeply embedded into Bakhtari’s throat and chin, which by rule, is a penalty.  The neck and chin are part of the face.