Week 6 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't embarrass yourself any more. 

Don't make me bring up your posts from the last week and how you came crying like a lost puppy before the 4th quarter admitting defeat and losing complete faith in your squad. YOU are ready to give in on the season already. Smh!!

First of all that was a meme for forge so get outta here with that. It’s ok. Niners ain’t going anywhere with Jenny’s g. Man has no zip at all. And he’ll be bound to miss his usual 5-12 games. 

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

First of all that was a meme for forge so get outta here with that. It’s ok. Niners ain’t going anywhere with Jenny’s g. Man has no zip at all. And he’ll be bound to miss his usual 5-12 games. 

Meme? The hell are you talking about? 

GG boys. Your offense is crazy but that D is crazy nice. Man well played game. 

I meant your Offense is ok.. It’s not Browns good. But the defense is great. GGs. Hate this game and it’s giving me a headache. 

THIS WAS ALL BEFORE THE 4TH QUARTER!!! You gave in and accepted defeat and lost faith in your squad...When they were only down two scores. SMH...........

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meme? The hell are you talking about? 

THIS WAS ALL BEFORE THE 4TH QUARTER!!! You gave in and accepted defeat and lost faith in your squad...When they were only down two scores. SMH...........

Bro it was over. Get outta here you said the warriors series was over by game 2. Fake as heck J. You’re so fake. 

6 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Bro it was over. Get outta here you said the warriors series was over by game 2. Fake as heck J. You’re so fake. 

What series? LIS, just stop embarrassing yourself.

It is what it is, sit back and enjoy the show. 5-0, looking to be 6-0 very soon! 

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

The worse people to talk smack to man. This isn’t even smack talk this is just crazy talk. 

Go ahead and post some more stats in the NFL General forum on how the 49ers haven't faced anyone good yet and they have the lowest SOS.............

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Go ahead and post some more stats in the NFL General forum on how the 49ers haven't faced anyone good yet and they have the lowest SOS.............

lol

Trash! 49ers still won't make the playoffs..they'll find a way to choke. Garropolo is made of glass

2 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

lol

Trash! 49ers still won't make the playoffs..they'll find a way to choke. Garropolo is made of glass

See, I dig this! 

Rammy has turned SOFT. Talked smack all week long and then came to the board with his tail between his legs. Smh! 

I needed time away to cool off. I thought McVay figured it out. I was wrong. He didn't. He needs to come to terms that this OL cannot execute his scheme. He needs to adapt to a passing offense that uses more short throws. Let Goff get into a rhythm. Get Gerald Everett on the field and make him a big part of the plan. This OL will not hold up for the long-developing PA passing game, and teams aren't respecting the run enough right now. They're dropping into coverage. Throw underneath the coverage. Make them stop the short passing game. That'll open up the chunk plays.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I needed time away to cool off. I thought McVay figured it out. I was wrong. He didn't. He needs to come to terms that this OL cannot execute his scheme. He needs to adapt to a passing offense that uses more short throws. Let Goff get into a rhythm. Get Gerald Everett on the field and make him a big part of the plan. This OL will not hold up for the long-developing PA passing game, and teams aren't respecting the run enough right now. They're dropping into coverage. Throw underneath the coverage. Make them stop the short passing game. That'll open up the chunk plays.

This game could have been an abberation due to SFs great defensive line but at the very least we need to have that option to adjust during games when our OL isn't holding up. 

Our OL might not get much better, but if they can just clean up the penalties we'd be in much better shape. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Completely agree. He also has to get away from using 11 personnel all the time. Maybe use some 12 personnel or 22 personnel and maybe switch Kupp and Woods on the depth chart that way Kupp can be on the field more 

He needs to expand his repertoire. 

Or he can just watch the patriots film and see how McDaniels schemes for Brady to throw those short quick passes. For that to happen, Goff needs to shorten his wind up 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Completely agree. He also has to get away from using 11 personnel all the time. 

He needs to expand his repertoire. 

Or he can just watch the patriots film and see how McDaniels schemes for Brady to throw those short quick passes. For that to happen, Goff needs to shorten his wind up 

Nah. Stick with 11 personnel. Use Gerald Everett at TE. The strongest part of our O is our trio of WRs. Don't take them off the field. Spread the field. Let those weapons work. Use the quick passing game to force teams to die by 1000 cuts or open themselves up to chunk plays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. Stick with 11 personnel. Use Gerald Everett at TE. The strongest part of our O is our trio of WRs. Don't take them off the field. Spread the field. Let those weapons work. Use the quick passing game to force teams to die by 1000 cuts or open themselves up to chunk plays.

I get that. But I’d be curious to see Gurley and Henderson both I’m at the same time during 21 or 22 personnel. 

The issue I have with Goff right now is that he sometimes has a wide open receiver that he never even sees 

He's still 12 wins behind McVay.

Shanahan is 11-2 with Garoppolo. Shanahan is 4-20 with Brian Hoyer, CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens

The rams had waaay more talent than the niners did when mcvay/shanahan were hired. Its not even remotely comparable. We have 5 guys on our roster still from the day Kyle was hired... and one of them is our long snapper. Now that the talent is comparable, we have one head to head matchup to go on. Lets not forget this is the first time garoppolo faced the rams either. 

Your next post seems to indicate you think McVay did a poor job coaching:

I thought McVay figured it out. I was wrong. He didn't. He needs to come to terms that this OL cannot execute his scheme. He needs to adapt to a passing offense that uses more short throws.

Seems as though you are placing the blame of this defeat at his feet. The fact remains, mcvay had a poor gameplan and didnt make any in game adjustments. He looked shook and your entire team folded in the second half. Its on the players to make plays, but its also on the coaches to help guys weather the storm and make adjustments. Mcvay didnt do that, and therefore last sunday at a minimum, Kyle was the superior coach. Dont try and refute it. 

Get Gerald Everett on the field and make him a big part of the plan

You keep saying this like Everett is some multi-dimensional, dynamic playmaker. He is not. He is an athletic receiving TE that doesnt offer much in terms of versatility. He does not present matchup problems because he doesnt block as well as other TEs. That makes him easy to gameplan against imo. We already disagreed last week about how good of a run blocker he is, and I made a point to watch him again on your running plays when I rewatched the game again this week. He is fine at sealing guys off, but he is not moving defenders anywhere they dont want to go. Hes not a good inline run blocker, that is a fact. 

Sure, Everett is a viable receiving option. He is a good receiving TE, I am not doubting his ability to catch passes. I am saying that he is basically a large WR. Thats not some crazy new innovative chess piece for sean to use. Its not like you guys need another person to catch passes. Cooper kupp is a stud. Brandon Cooks is quick and can make plays. Ive already told you that I think Robert Woods is a jag, but that doesnt mean he is bad. I dont really see anything that Everett offers that these guys dont except hes probably better with the ball in his hands than everyone not named Kupp. 

The beauty of Kyle's offense is the ability to create mismatches with personel groupings. By having a TE and a FB that can both block and catch passes, it forces teams to stay in their base defense, at which point we throw on them. If they try and go small, we run it. I dont see the same matchup problems with the rams right now. You are talking about putting 4 WRs out there basically on every play. That is fine to do, but for whatever reason you just havent committed to the run this year. Spreading teams out then running the ball is a viable strategy

This OL will not hold up for the long-developing PA passing game, and teams aren't respecting the run enough right now. They're dropping into coverage. Throw underneath the coverage. Make them stop the short passing game. That'll open up the chunk plays.

This is completely fair and I would say I agree. Sean is used to having a top 5 OL, which make no mistake about it, your OL was elite the last two years. top 3 unit for sure. One of the luxuries of a top 5 OL is long developing routes. I do expect him to make some major adjustments moving forward. I dont think your season is over by any means. Its october. 

I commented frequently last season that Goff would have no one within 5 feet of him, then throw the ball to wide open WRs more than any QB I have seen. He was so used to having super clean pockets and never having to move his feet while looking downfield. His pocket presence leaves a lot to be desired right now. Like that sack in the first quarter where he tripped and rolled over, all he had to do was climb the pocket and he would have had space to roll out to his right. Instead he got pushed from behind then tried to go left and tripped over his own guy. Thats just inexperience right there. The guy is 24, these growing pains were to be expected at some point. 

He clearly doesnt trust the OL and his mental clock has sped up dramatically. He has sailed a few throws this year that last year would have been right on the money. There are times mcvay seems super frustrated with him too. 

I also said last year that it had basically been all sunshine and rainbows in LA since mcvay was hired. This is the first real test of character that this team has had imo because its the first losing streak theyve ever had. You will learn a lot about your team over the next 4-5 games. 

41 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

that is an excellent point, and probably a big reason why your offense has worked so well - goffs arm is designed to throw down the field, and mcvay is amazing at attacking certain spots on the field with route combinations and formations. Goff has been much more accurate the last two years than he has been this year. There have been so many bad throws that have sailed on him. I dont believe he is as bad as he played sunday. Hes just been inconsistent and doesnt look confident. I think its probably very frustrating when your physical ability (accuracy) goes away for what feels like no reason. maybe he needs to take some extra time this week after practice working on his footwork and his fundamentals. 

• Like 1