GDT - Week 6

Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

Maybe I'm wrong.

But how much of the 49ers success this year is because of Jimmy? Whenever I watch the games I mostly see him as a game manager. (A very good one at that)

But it seems to me like a great running game and playcalling on offense and a superb defense has been the bread and butter of this 49ers team.

They just don't pass that much. Jimmy is still better than a game manager, but Shanahan wants his run offense he's invested a lot into to roll. Especially with both tackles out now. 

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

Maybe I'm wrong.

But how much of the 49ers success this year is because of Jimmy? Whenever I watch the games I mostly see him as a game manager. (A very good one at that)

But it seems to me like a great running game and playcalling on offense and a superb defense has been the bread and butter of this 49ers team.

Oh, it's the running game and the defense, almost 100%. 

Jimmy is probably the liability in the equation at this point. He's not bad...but he's a middle of the road, average tier quarterback type so far. 

• Like 1

Just now, PapaShogun said:

If we had Mullens though we would not be 4-0. 

Mullens isn't an average nfl starting quarterback, so kind of comparing apples to oranges. 

I'm not convinced if we had Kirk Cousins that we wouldn't be undefeated. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Except they werent getting sacks and turnovers. That has seemed to change.

Fair enough. The talent was always there. I think Fournette trampling them and the week 1 performance vs Oakland are their low points on D.

• Like 1