BDL 2019 Week 6 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ New Orleans Jazz

SirA1

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ New Orleans Jazz  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
    • New Orleans Jazz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 6

Match:  Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ New Orleans Jazz

Away Owner: @RuskieTitan

Home Owner: @WFLukic

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Lineup:

QB- Matt Ryan
RB- Nick Chubb
FB- Anthony Sherman

WR- Alshon Jeffery
WR- Terry McLaurin
TE- Jared Cook
LT- Dennis Kelly
LG- Billy Price
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Rick Wagner

--------------------------------------------------

QB- Daniel Jones
RB- Austin Ekeler
WR- Curtis Samuel
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- Adam Humphries
OL- Trent Williams
OL- Andre Smith
OL- Kyle Long 

DE- Khalil Mack
DT- Da'Ron Payne
NT- Larry Ogunjobi
DE- Myles Garrett
LB- Lavonte David
LB- Devin White
CB- Shaquill Griffin
CB- Adoree' Jackson
CB- Malcolm Butler
FS- Earl Thomas
SS- Devin McCourty

DE- Shilique Calhoun
DE- Jordan Willis
DT- Maurice Hurst
LB- Bobby Okereke
LB- Jerome Baker
CB- Brandon Carr
CB- Ross Cockrell
S- Eric Reid

New Orleans Jazz

Offense:

QB: Josh Allen
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
WR1: Michael Thomas
WR2: Tyler Lockett
WR3: Deebo Samuel
TE: Zach Ertz
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Joel Bitonio
C: Travis Frederick
RG: Kevin Zeitler
RT: Riley Reiff

RB2: Duke Johnson
RB3: Nyheim Hines
WR4: Paul Richardson
WR5: Zay Jones
TE2: Nick Vannett
OL6: Bobby Massie
OL7: Jawaan Taylor
OL8: Connor McGovern

Defense:

DE: Nick Bosa
NT: Marcel Dareus
DT: Geno Atkins
DE: Calais Campbell
LB: Josh Allen
LB: Danny Trevathan
CB: Stephon Gilmore
CB: Kyle Fuller
Slot CB: Chris Harris Jr.
SS: Micah Hyde
FS: Haha Clinton-Dix

DE3: Olivier Vernon
DE4: Chase Winovich
DT3: Sheldon Richardson
DT4: Johnathan Hankins
LB3: Alexander Johnson
S3: Tedric Thompson
CB4: JC Jackson
CB5: Duke Dawson

Edited by SirA1

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Gameplan:

Offense
Primary Formation: 2 Wide "21" Personnel
- We're going to come out this week with our 2 wide personnel as the primary formation, looking at a little over half the time. We do plan on implementing some 3 and 4 wide sets as well.

Running Game Focus- We're going to focus on our running game here. We know that the Jazz have a formidable defense top to bottom, and we want to limit how much the defensive line tees off on Matt Ryan during pass plays. We'll use a lot of pulls and counters in order to take advantage of defensive aggressiveness. Nick Chubb will once again be the bell cow, but Ekeler will get his share as well.

Passing Game Focus- We're going to use a lot of rub routes and crossing patterns to try and free up our receivers on passing plays. We will allow our running game to set up the pass, and utilize some deep play action shots to keep the secondary honest. We'll have some 3 and 4 wide sets, and run bunches out of those, to allow our receivers to get some space between themselves and the defenders. The running back will primarily stay in to help pass protect, but we'll also have a few screens, both to the backs as well as receivers.

X-Factor on Offense: Don't Let the DL Free Rush Ryan- We're going to lean on our running game to establish the time of possession, and limit the opportunities that the Jazz defensive line will just freely rush the passer. We will run plays to take advantage of aggressiveness and have additional protection with the backs.

Defense
Defensive Formation: 4-2-5 Defense
- If the Jazz come out 3 wide we'll utilize the 4-2-5 look. If we need to have a heavier set, Butler will come off the field and Bobby Okereke will come on. When we use dime, White will come off and we'll add Cockrell.

Secondary Coverage: Zone Heavy- For this game we're going to run a lot of different zone coverages. We want to confuse Josh Allen and force him into making a mistake, so we'll limit the man coverage plays (outside of obvious situations, in which case we'll have help over the top). Combining with the zone looks will be blitzes from the linebackers and secondary, to create chaos for Allen.

Defensive Box- Our interior defensive linemen will be two gapping, while our edge rushers will contain and squeeze the pocket. We won't give Allen any room to scramble, and we're typically going to send a 5th (and sometimes 6th) blitzer to bring Allen down. We also don't want to give Elliot any running room.

X-Factor on Defense: Confuse Josh Allen- Throwing a lot of variety of zone coverages at Allen, sprinkling some blitzes, and never let Allen get comfortable in the pocket.

New Orleans Jazz

Offense:

The name of the game here is going to be possession football. Although we come out in our usual 3 WR set, we’ll often be subbing out Samuel for either Vannett to accept as our 2nd TE or Jawaan Taylor in jumbo packages where we aim to run the ball down IC’s throat.

Elliott figures to get around 25-30 carries, with Johnson getting around 5-10 and Allen around 5-10 designed runs either being QB draws or option keepers. We know this is going to be a tough game given the strength of both defenses, but we still feel confident given the strength of our offensive line to establish the run and keep the chains moving and clock ticking. If this means running the ball 50 times, we’re more than happy to do so.

The passing game will also be pretty low risk today. While Lockett will work on the outside and primarily be our deep route runner, Allen’s instructions will be to only throw it in single coverage and avoid double coverage at all costs. Ertz and Thomas will run their usual variety of routes, with Allen looking to strike quickly once they get separation. Samuel will be worked into the game plan largely on screens and slants, with the plan to get the ball in his hands and let his YAC ability shine through.

Defense:

The usual cover 1 man in New Orleans here, with the match-ups as below:

Gilmore – Jeffery
Fuller – McLaurin
Harris – WR3/Slot
Hyde – Chubb
Trevathan – Cook

In looks where Sherman is on the field, we’ll have Alexander Johnson rotate in and either Fuller or Harris out. Our base formation listed is what we’ll generally use on early downs/versus the run, with Richardson often rotating in for Bosa and Hankins playing around 30% of the snaps in place of Campbell/Atkins to both keep them fresher for rushing the passer and beefing up the DL.

On passing downs, Campbell will kick inside with either Allen sliding down to DE and Johnson coming in at LB, or Vernon Coming in at DE with Allen serving as a 5th pass rusher/blitzer. However, for the most part we’ll be rushing 4 given the weakness of the IC OL, especially considering their left tackle likely won’t play any snaps this week and their left guard might be the worst in the league at the moment.

Edited by SirA1

It's a discussion for next week but he looks good :)

Shame about the mono but I can see him really kicking on to end the season. Come to think of it, he actually had a pretty good game vs. the Bills considering the illness and strength of their D.

Also Ruskie you need to fix up that OL situation. The left side of your line are both IRL backups...

Again, two teams that game planned to attack each other the same way. Keep away ball. Problem for IC is, New Orleans is built to play keep away from just about anyone, and their defensive focus seemed more worried about Josh Allen than Elliott. 

I think IC is one of the few teams who has a scarier defensive front than NO, but as I just said NO's offensive line is built to wear people down, and I think both teams slow playing each other, NO will have more big plays today.

• Like 1

I’m going with the Jazz here. One thing I do respect about Lukic, as I’ve said before, he is realistic about who he has behind center. Ball control by both teams as Jlash mentioned is going to open up a few big play opportunities for either team here. I think for IC Scary Terry gets a TD against Fuller. However I see Michael Thomas and Zeke both going for scores. 17-10 for me in this one in favor of the Jazz. A defensive struggle on both sides. 

• Like 1

So I don't know how either team really is gonna score much here 

Both lines have major flaws (left side IC, tackles for new Orleans) 

IC seems to be exploiting this by rushing five while new Orleans is rushing four and IC keeping a back in to help 

In the end Allen probably gets a little more done against the zone.   New Orleans 10-6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Happy to admit Reiff is the weak link on my OL but I think calling Whitworth a major flaw is a bit far. The problem with the Rams OL has been everyone else but him. He's not elite anymore but he's still one of the better LTs going around. 

I should have been a bit more specific.  He has a lot of of trouble getting outside quick enough these days to super athletic ends which well IC has