MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

54 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I have some level of concern for the Bucks supporting cast being able to win a couple games. Truth be told I haven't watched more than a few Bucks games this year, just curious how the Raps handle Giannis, if they even get a chance to

Eh, as long as Giannis plays, we're fine. This cast alone isn't enough to do, say, what the Celtics did last year without Kyrie, but it's enough to have someone pick up the slack if Giannis so happens to have a "bad" game by his standards. As long as he plays, we're good.

Just an fyi I'm a casual Raptors fan and think the teams are pretty evenly matched, I'm just interested to see what can be done to keep Giannis in check when the gameplan is on him in the playoffs. I personally think the Bucks will have an issue against either Philly or Toronto because of the lesser supporting cast. Toronto could have a huge issue too if they keep playing this way with Kawhi. Shut him down and we're toast

Giannis is a monster tho, seems boring to watch him because he's too long and fast to stop when he drives. He's gonna win MVP now, sure y'all can't wait until he can effectively shoot in a couple years lol

Edited by JBURGE

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just an fyi I'm a casual Raptors fan and think the teams are pretty evenly matched, I'm just interested to see what can be done to keep Giannis in check when the gameplan is on him in the playoffs. I personally think the Bucks will have an issue against either Philly or Toronto because of the lesser supporting cast. Toronto could have a huge issue too if they keep playing this way with Kawhi. Shut him down and we're toast

Giannis is a monster tho, seems boring to watch him because he's too long and fast to stop when he drives. He's gonna win MVP now, sure y'all can't wait until he can effectively shoot in a couple years lol

He can already effectively shoot though. His mid-range game is fine. So you can't just sag off him. He also shows out in the playoffs. Not quite the 27/13/6 he's doing now but, the last two years, he's 24/9/6 on high efficiency. He hasn't been the problem at all. It was always the coaching. We fixed that and we see the result.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He can already effectively shoot though. His mid-range game is fine. So you can't just sag off him. He also shows out in the playoffs. Not quite the 27/13/6 he's doing now but, the last two years, he's 24/9/6 on high efficiency. He hasn't been the problem at all. It was always the coaching. We fixed that and we see the result.

I hope to see the bucks in the ecf. As a Packers fan, bucks are my second choice to make it to the golden state finals 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I was at the game. The place was jumping when they got out to a 10 point lead.
Indy fans are pretty boisterous. That comeback really sucked the air out of Banker's Life.

It was tremendous.

I went to the game in 2017 when we won 116-100. Love Banker's Life. It's a nice arena. It was also 66 degrees that day (it was February 11th). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I went to the game in 2017 when we won 116-100. Love Banker's Life. It's a nice arena. It was also 66 degrees that day (it was February 11th). 

When the Super Bowl was here, it was a legit 65 and sunny for the entire weekend. It was sick. AND we could drink outside all willy-nilly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fl0nkerton said:

When the Super Bowl was here, it was a legit 65 and sunny for the entire weekend. It was sick. AND we could drink outside all willy-nilly.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton downtown and it was just perfect. I think downtown Indy is pretty damn neat. Not quite as badass as Minneapolis but it's better than Memphis. Though, TBF to Memphis, we were there from Sunday til Tuesday so Beale Street was dead.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton downtown and it was just perfect. I think downtown Indy is pretty damn neat. Not quite as badass as Minneapolis but it's better than Memphis. Though, TBF to Memphis, we were there from Sunday til Tuesday so Beale Street was dead.

Downtown Indy has its moments. Nothing quite beats getting tanked at an Indy Indians game. 
I heckled the piss out of Jason Rogers.

• Like 1

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

Downtown Indy has its moments. Nothing quite beats getting tanked at an Indy Indians game. 
I heckled the piss out of Jason Rogers.

Ahh Jason Rogers, the gift that keeps on giving.

But yeah, it was just a beautiful day and I like the "square" I guess where the monument is. Really neat area.

Edited by beekay414

Also, saw the best sports poem on Twitter today. Can't seem to find it now but it read something like...

There once was a Greek kid named Giannis
Whose demeanor was brutally honest
He hit the weight room
Made your arenas go BOOM
Now the end of days is upon us

I laughed my *** off hardcore

14 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Judas 

Haha. Well I have some actual thoughts here I go in and out of seriousness so much I don’t even know anymore but as it stands and obviously this being in the Bucks section I have to the Bucks fans should be feeling great there is no reason they shouldn’t think they are the best team in the East and I think they are a legitimate threat and could win it so who knows. I mean 3-1 vs Toronto even if you throw away the no Gianni no Kawhi game it’s 2-1 and I think winning records against most or all of the entire teams if you wanna consider the top 4 in the East and GS and even add OKC and Denver as the contenders even if it’s just one team that matters. 

This is a very weird Raptors season even at 43-16 and just 1 GB it has a completely different feel. I’ve seen flashes that make me think we can beat every team in the league and maybe even challenge GS but I’ve also seen a lot of lackadaisical play and some WTF type of moments and games coming from all players and coaching decisions. Now this could be some what of boredom as in it’s the regular season and we had the 1 seed last year and it didn’t help us and we are just trying things and seeing what sticks and putting it aside for later idk or maybe there are problems I mean it’s really a two offense team there’s the regular Raptors offense and then the Kawhi offense and lately seemingly because of Gasol (small sample size I know) things are looking up and the 2 games with Gasol that Kawhi did play he hit a season high in assists in both games. On paper the defense is insane however it comes and goes again when they are rolling it’s fantastic.

I mean idk if anyone here keeps that close of tabs on the Raptors or watches any of their games or not but a common theme as of late is go down 15-20 points make a run at some point and either win sometimes win by double digits or fall just short. Come out flat like yep we should beat these fools even if Kawhi doesn’t play then be down and say alright no more joking around let’s really play. It’s really odd and I really don’t know what is going on with them but when they play their best they are great and presumably if Kawhi and Gasol and get these guys to another level in the playoffs on both sides of the ball they should be able to beat any of them. But again idk I just don’t know if it is a simple switch on or switch off I mean I couldn’t tell you. 

Look before I touch on the Bucks who I do believe are a real contender and I think matchup up really really well against Toronto I’m gonna kind of bypass Philly a little they have a lot of work to do I mean do these 5 guys fit? The big 4 ft. JJ might be the most talented starting lineup in the East and in theory that’s scary but I think they have the highest ceiling which idk if they could reach it and also the lowest floor. I can’t imagine Butler resigning if things go badly and they really went all in and their bench is less than desirable right now unless they can add something on a yet to be released buyout market. 

Boston May be the best team in the East but I really don’t know what to make of them they have simply just been in so much turmoil all year and only seem to play well when one of their best players is hurt and the seem very emotional and they seem like they really really care about these regular season wins maybe too much I don’t see them in cruise control against many solid to good teams only against the bottom barrel teams. I guess you could argue they do come to play against top competition. Hayward has been better I have to imagine they at least somewhat have their act together when the playoffs start. 

So know we get to the Bucks and look at the beginning of the season I was kinda like meh good for them they certainly look better but whatever and I think that’s how a lot of people felt and I think there are people that still think it’s kind of a fun regular season story blah blah blah. That doesn’t matter even if Milwaukee hasn’t been their before they have just as good a shot as Toronto and Boston as it stands right now. They only thing that worries me about the Bucks is that they don’t have that bonifide number 2 guy and look that same thing could be said about Toronto I get that Lowry had that amazing 10 game stretch to start the year where he looked like a new man and then got hurt which he seems to be pretty tough idk what happened or when it happened but it may have happened up 30 against the Bulls and that’s very depressing and he’s looked better toward the end of the first half heading into AS break but was basically a shell of himself who couldn’t shoot and then wouldn’t shoot, he’s been involved with trade rumours which was weird and again you get it. Gasol isn’t quite the same but he adds a ton on both sides of the ball. How Milwaukee chooses to play this they could limit him and force Ibaka to be out there more if they do indeed matchup. 

I love the Bucks 1-12 or maybe 1-11 or however many really solid to good guys that they have. They have certainly made a statement this regular season they have been that level of good that is proving a ton of people wrong there is something there. Now I don’t want to project and maybe I’m rambling throughout most of this but I like and respect the Bucks and think they are real they still aren’t the team I fear the most unless of course Boston never figures this out and so far we don’t know if that happens or not. I think the East is a top 3 ft. Philly who have the most to figure out. Toronto and Boston have issues right now and I’d say Toronto have the best chance to solve their problems out of all 3 of these teams and Boston is the most dangerous team if they do solve it. Right now this looks like the ideal Bucks team this is a team that you want as is right now for the playoffs. If the season ended today they would be the clear favourites. This team has to maintain and hope the other three teams all of a sudden switches aren’t flipped just in time for the playoffs and you all will have nothing to worry about as is Philly won’t beat Boston or Toronto I feel pretty confident of that and would have a rough go against Philly. As is Boston would beat Philly like a drum and probably have a tough 6/7 game series against either Milwaukee or Toronto. Toronto has of right now I think would have a better shot against Milwaukee than either Boston or Philly but certainly wouldn’t be favoured or have HCA. 

So to summarize I do believe in this Bucks team and right now you should believe and  you would be favoured and likely win the East right now but idk if there is a better version of this team and they have to remain this team and the other three teams need to remain who they are right now again I really don’t believe in Philly but a Boston or Toronto could look much different come playoff time and if it’s a positive improvement it could be a bloodbath. They have other levels Boston has a lot of work but they can reach it.