MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Real, real shame to waste that performance by Giannis on the second game of a B2B. Shooting was just so bad. 

It was a schedule loss and Bled and Brog were both out, but still, up 17 in the fourth, sit Giannis for four minutes and hand the offense to Khris, and watch the entire team fall apart.

I think it was ridiculous to have us have to play B2B games in the middle of a long road trip against a team that was rested and be short-handed to boot.  I'm hoping having tonight off they won't run out of gas like that against the Suns tomorrow night.

13 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Real, real shame to waste that performance by Giannis on the second game of a B2B. Shooting was just so bad. 

It was a schedule loss and Bled and Brog were both out, but still, up 17 in the fourth, sit Giannis for four minutes and hand the offense to Khris, and watch the entire team fall apart.

I really don't think I wanna pay Middleton, man. Just match Brogdon and give Nikola the rest of Midds money. Let the Lakers overpay him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I really don't think I wanna pay Middleton, man. Just match Brogdon and give Nikola the rest of Midds money. Let the Lakers overpay him. 

I’m leaning that way too. I just don’t know if he’s actually a net positive for this team. He’s lazy on defense and sloppy on offense. When he’s surrounded by Giannis and three shooters, watching the ball just stop as soon as he touches it physically pains me. 

On 3/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, beekay414 said:

It still doesn't make sense to not want to pay Middleton because MIL won't have any cap room anyway. You are literally choosing between having Khris Middleton and not having Khris Middleton and you are choosing to not have Khris Middleton. In order to maintain your position, you have to think that Middleton is a negative player.

Just now, rcon14 said:

It still doesn't make sense to not want to pay Middleton because MIL won't have any cap room anyway. You are literally choosing between having Khris Middleton and not having Khris Middleton and you are choosing to not have Khris Middleton. In order to maintain your position, you have to think that Middleton is a negative player.

Not really. I don't give 2 ****s about our cap situation. I simply don't think Middleton is worth the investment. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Not really. I don't give 2 ****s about our cap situation. I simply don't think Middleton is worth the investment. 

That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't matter that Middleton is paid 25M or 30M or 2.4M or 100M. What matters is how it impacts our ability to acquire other talent. Whether or not we re-sign him, it does not impact MIL whatsoever, so you are literally making the argument that the team should not have an actually good player when the opportunity cost is literally zero.

26 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't matter that Middleton is paid 25M or 30M or 2.4M or 100M. What matters is how it impacts our ability to acquire other talent. Whether or not we re-sign him, it does not impact MIL whatsoever, so you are literally making the argument that the team should not have an actually good player when the opportunity cost is literally zero.

Yes, because future space or value doesn't matter whatsoever. Might as well give George Hill the max as well!

Yes, because future space or value doesn't matter whatsoever. Might as well give George Hill the max as well!

MIL is never going to have cap space. You are never going to be able to acquire a better player than Khris Middleton with the small amount of cap space you'd even be able to create. Let's say we do what you recommend: Mirotic at 15M, Brogdon at 15M, Bledsoe has his at 16.875. With that and Giannis, even in 2020-21, you have a whopping... 14.9M in expected cap space and that does not include any new draft picks. MIL's cap space is gone. This is the team they've locked in.

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

MIL is never going to have cap space. You are never going to be able to acquire a better player than Khris Middleton with the small amount of cap space you'd even be able to create. Let's say we do what you recommend: Mirotic at 15M, Brogdon at 15M, Bledsoe has his at 16.875. With that and Giannis, even in 2020-21, you have a whopping... 14.9M in expected cap space and that does not include any new draft picks. MIL's cap space is gone. This is the team they've locked in.

Homie, free agency isnt the only way to acquire talent. I'm not overpaying someone that isn't worth the money just because we have no other options. 

And you say things so definitively, it makes me laugh. We got someone like Midds as a throw in for another player. NBA GMs are dumb. You dont lock yourself into an inconsistent player that isn't going to age well just because you (seemingly) have no other options. 

Homie, free agency isnt the only way to acquire talent. I'm not overpaying someone that isn't worth the money just because we have no other options. 

And you say things so definitively, it makes me laugh. We got someone like Midds as a throw in for another player. NBA GMs are dumb. You dont lock yourself into an inconsistent player that isn't going to age well just because you (seemingly) have no other options. 

What proof do you have that Middleton won't age well? This Middleton hate in the Bucks fanbase is bizarre.

Just now, rcon14 said:

What proof do you have that Middleton won't age well? This Middleton hate in the Bucks fanbase is bizarre.

He's a limited athlete with subpar lateral quickness and he plays on the wing. He already has trouble getting by perimeter defenders. He's not big enough nor a good enough athlete to play the small ball 4 full time either. 

It's not hate, it's being honest in my assessment of him as a player. Go back to that trade and you'll see I was the one that said he'd be the prize piece of that deal. He is what he is and he's not worth what he's going to command. 

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's a limited athlete with subpar lateral quickness and he plays on the wing. He already has trouble getting by perimeter defenders. He's not big enough nor a good enough athlete to play the small ball 4 full time either. 

It's not hate, it's being honest in my assessment of him as a player. Go back to that trade and you'll see I was the one that said he'd be the prize piece of that deal. He is what he is and he's not worth what he's going to command. 

What's the dollar amount you're willing to go to?

Edited by rcon14