MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

So we're going to pay him $25+ Million because of an issue we might have?

Middleton is a fine player and I don't dislike him but the paycheck he's going to command isn't going to match the production. 

Everyone ****s all over Otto Porter's contract but, in terms of advanced numbers, he's similar to Middleton. 

I dunno, the Bucks can do whatever they want but it's going to be an albatross contract, no way around it. 

Otto Porter is solely a 3 point shooter. Middleton has far more usefulness than that as a secondary creator and isolation player.

Also, it was actually a good move for WAS to give Porter that deal. WAS had the exact option MIL had. They were going to have no cap space going forward (the exact same situation MIL has unless they let basically everyone leave this summer) and the option was this: Give Porter the contract or get literally nothing and have no avenue going forward to replace him. That's what MIL has, either give Middleton the contract, or lose Middleton and still have no cap space to replace him (unless you're not paying Brogdon, Mirotic, and Lopez). MIL married themselves to this core. Whether you think Middleton is worth 25M or 20M or 30M doesn't really matter. This is the core you're married to. So you can either pay to bring everyone back and go into the luxury tax, or you can let people leave and be stuck with no meaningful way to replace them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Otto Porter is solely a 3 point shooter. Middleton has far more usefulness than that as a secondary creator and isolation player.

I'm just saying, advanced numbers don't love Middleton despite what he may or may not bring.

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Also, it was actually a good move for WAS to give Porter that deal. WAS had the exact option MIL had. They were going to have no cap space going forward (the exact same situation MIL has unless they let basically everyone leave this summer) and the option was this: Give Porter the contract or get literally nothing and have no avenue going forward to replace him. That's what MIL has, either give Middleton the contract, or lose Middleton and still have no cap space to replace him (unless you're not paying Brogdon, Mirotic, and Lopez). MIL married themselves to this core. Whether you think Middleton is worth 25M or 20M or 30M doesn't really matter. This is the core you're married to. So you can either pay to bring everyone back and go into the luxury tax, or you can let people leave and be stuck with no meaningful way to replace them.

It's fine. Its literally whatever at this point. I just disagree about being hamstrung due to the cap. Horst has proven he can maneuver around the cap well enough that I dont agree that we're married to Middleton. There are several avenues to acquire talent so, if Horst choses to move on from Middleton, I won't lose any sleep over it. I'm also not someone that's going to pay someone just because we "have nothing better." 

Also, I disagree fully with the "no meaningful way to replace him." There are always ways to replace players like Middleton. He's arguably our least important starter FFS lol.

But we don't need to continue on this carousel, homie. I know your stance and how you approach the subject. It is what it is at this point. 

Edited by beekay414

Just now, titans0021 said:

The second they triple fouled him on the dunk attempt and then got the T, that game was over. He dominated every minute he was on the floor for the rest of that game.

That 2 minutes after the T was so much fun. Crowd was pissed off, he was pissed off, and the team just snapped off. Wauwatosa got a shout out from the TNT studio guys last night! Also I heard Albert/Weber were talking about how quiet it was in the fourth? Its a week day game and they were up 10+, relax guys. Lastly, Tony Snell made someone fall last night. That's how much its the Bucks year!  

1 hour ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Also I heard Albert/Weber were talking about how quiet it was in the fourth? Its a week day game and they were up 10+, relax guys. 

Weber said the fans should be standing when they’re chanting MVP bcuz Giannis deserves it.  He was saying it in a supportive way fwiw.  

Middleton month-by-month

October (7 games): 20.7 PTS, 5.6 REB, 3.9 AST on 49.5/54.9/87.1
November (14 games): 17.9 PTS, 5.6 REB, 4.2 AST on 43.1/35.0/93.2
December (12 games): 15.9 PTS, 6.3 REB, 4.0 AST on 38.5/29.9/81.1
January (15 games): 16.4 PTS, 5.5 REB, 4.4 AST on 47.3/38.5/75.6
February (10 games): 17.6 PTS, 6.9 REB, 4.4 AST on 41.3/38.9/79.5
March (4 games): 20.0 PTS, 5.8 REB, 5.0 AST on 35.0/42.3/87.1

Not only is he inconsistent game to game, he's inconsistent month to month lol

Pat Connaughton should never see the floor tbh. It was cute early in the year when he was a positive but he's been straight *** most of the season. I know Brown and Hill are out and DDV is just now coming back but give Snell more minutes there or give those minutes to DJ. He can't be any worse guarding guards than Pat is.