MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Saw this earlier. If he was still on this team, the quote would've broken me. Also feel like it's an excellent summary as to why Bud seemed to never really have interest in working with him. It's just a complete garbage attitude and thought process.

If he said that to me after I asked him that question, I'd be like...so Rudy Gobert doesn't make $20+ Million per season for his defense? Andre Roberson doesn't make $10+ Million for his defense? Marcus Smart? And I'd just keep going until he sat there and stared at me like he always does when he can't think/respond.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If he said that to me after I asked him that question, I'd be like...so Rudy Gobert doesn't make $20+ Million per season for his defense? Andre Roberson doesn't make $10+ Million for his defense? Marcus Smart? And I'd just keep going until he sat there and stared at me like he always does when he can't think/respond.

I just can't imagine what led him to believe that this was a smart thing to say. And then the interviewer was nice enough to give him an out, and instead he doubled down. It was such a softball question. All you have to say is, "I understand that my defensive performance hasn't been where it's needed to be, I've been putting work in on the court and in the film room to get better, and I know I have the talent to make an impact on that end of the court." And that's it, next question. Sure, it's a lie, but it's a harmless lie that doesn't make you look like a fool.

The pure obliviousness of it is incredible. To virtually say that you're not putting in effort to get better at what is universally considered your biggest weakness paints a really terrible picture. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Also look back at that 2014 class and try and rank the top 10 from it, BRUTAL. 

1) Joel Embiid
2) Nikola Jokic
3) Clint Capela
4) Gary Harris
5) Aaron Gordon
6) Dario Saric
7) Andrew Wiggins
8) T.J. Warren
9) Zach LaVine
10) Marcus Smart

HM: Julius Randle, Jusuf Nurkic, Bogdan Bogdanovic

That is pretty terrible, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

I didn’t see him play much at Duke this year but I remember the hype as a recruit. What gassed him up and made him think he should declare?

Probably just got processed by Coach K. He's a really talented kid. Just can't consistently shoot. Showed some promise in Summer League with Houston but still only managed to shoot 36%. Had some nice pull up J's though. He's a guy that you get really patient with. Exactly the type of gamble you should be looking to take with at least 1 of your 2 way deals.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Probably just got processed by Coach K. He's a really talented kid. Just can't consistently shoot. Showed some promise in Summer League with Houston but still only managed to shoot 36%. Had some nice pull up J's though. He's a guy that you get really patient with. Exactly the type of gamble you should be looking to take with at least 1 of your 2 way deals.

It's a sensible low-risk gamble if you believe in Sullivan's ability to fix a shot (see: Kent Bazemore).

• Like 1