MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

Just now, Herbie_Hancock said:

Hopefully we do a little more tinkering thru trades 

We don't really have to unless Jabari ends up somewhere else. Then we'd need a back-up 3. Of course, we could still rotate players between the 2 and 3.

glad the parker era is over. don't think he was that good, and while it sucks our #2 pick didn't pan out, you can't compound the problem.

i actually like where we're at moving forward. re-sign middleton and brogdon and try to get some value back for bledsoe at the deadline. maybe see if you can use him as a counter and dump henson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Can someone give me a single reason why we would have possibly rescinded the QO? Literally only benefits Jabari and the Bulls.

good relations with a current nba player and an agent. if it wasn't going to work, i don't see the massive problem here like some are. if we don't do that, bulls might not even offer and we have a PO'd parker on a qualifying offer next year.

think people are just grossly exaggerating how much of an asset he was. i honestly can't believe the bulls are paying him $20 mil, even for one year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

good relations with a current nba player and an agent. if it wasn't going to work, i don't see the massive problem here like some are. if we don't do that, bulls might not even offer and we have a PO'd parker on a qualifying offer next year.

think people are just grossly exaggerating how much of an asset he was. i honestly can't believe the bulls are paying him $20 mil, even for one year. 

I genuinely don’t care that he’s gone, he’s obviously not worth $20 million, but going out of your way to let a guy that constantly pouts and quit on the team have an easier path to signing with your closest rival just seems like such a ridiculous move.

If the worst case is that it forces him to take a significantly below-market deal with the Bucks, I just don’t see the downside. If he’s pouty and miserable, you’re still likely to get some small asset for a 20 ppg player on a $4 million expiring. He’d have a no trade clause, but he couldn’t have afforded to sit and block trades anyways.

In the end, it probably makes no difference. Just totally lost on how the move did anything other than help a disgruntled player and a rival team while giving us zero tangible benefits.