MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Because he was friggin terrible all series. 

Not sure what happened there, Mirotic was a beast for us in the playoffs last year on both ends. Maybe he just needs regular PT

Edited by amac

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Hope Giannis can carry his *** just like Rodgers did to Mac awhile there at the end. 

I was being sarcastic.   Bud can coach.  IMO we ran into a buzz saw.  They were unconscious with their shooting and had a lot of bounces go their way.   I still think the 2007 + 2011 Packers teams were better than the Gmen but things went south there too.  That's sports.  The best team doesn't always win sometimes.

25 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I was being sarcastic.   Bud can coach.  IMO we ran into a buzz saw.  They were unconscious with their shooting and had a lot of bounces go their way.   I still think the 2007 + 2011 Packers teams were better than the Gmen but things went south there too.  That's sports.  The best team doesn't always win sometimes.

That's true, especially in football or other single elimination formats.  It's more about who was better than day, who was hotter, etc. 

For as good as Giannis is, he needs to take his game up another level or two.  I don't think that's asking too much, either.  He still has plenty of room to improve and I'm sure he will continue to do so.  It's what was asked of guys like LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, etc.  When you're elite, you always will be asked to do more.

On 5/26/2019 at 1:47 PM, Pugger said:

This is not meant to make anyone upset, but I absolutely think that the coaching and adjustments were a big issue. Raptors had a really solid plan for the final 4 games, and there wasn't really much of an adjustment from Bud. I don't have a solution, the supporting cast missed a ton of shots that they could have made. For how the Raptors played him, Giannis did his job when he got the ball out, he could have done it more consistently, but he probably won't see a defense as good as Toronto again for a while. 

All in all I think the two teams were just about as closely matched as they could have been. Giannis definitely has the highest ceiling of anyone in the league, it hurt him to not have the ability to hit shots away from the rim when he was 1 on 1 ( he nailed a few mid range shots in the last couple games, but not a lot)

• Like 1

Been kinda annoyed by Eric Nehm lately but this article is candid as can be with Giannis, if you all have an Athletic subscription (if not, do the free trial just to read this).

https://theathletic.com/1001604/

Giannis talks about learning from Kawhi and starting to think like a guard again to address what happened in the Raptors series. I have no doubt this kid is going to come out with a fire next year and learn from this. Excited af already.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 1:43 AM, beekay414 said:

Been kinda annoyed by Eric Nehm lately but this article is candid as can be with Giannis, if you all have an Athletic subscription (if not, do the free trial just to read this).

https://theathletic.com/1001604/

Giannis talks about learning from Kawhi and starting to think like a guard again to address what happened in the Raptors series. I have no doubt this kid is going to come out with a fire next year and learn from this. Excited af already.

My favorite part of this story is that essentially, our second-best player couldn’t do enough to justify being guarded by Kawhi, our third-best player was being dared to shoot, leading to Giannis being faced with one of the five best defenders in the game, a 7-0 center and a point guard, often simultaneously, and the problem was that Giannis didn’t have a mid-range game lol.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, seminoles1 said:

Taylor Jenkins...whatcha got? Was it a good hire for us?

Only thing I really know about Taylor Jenkins is he was the guy that kept everyone on the bench when on court stuff broke out. Quick reaction time, at least.

• Like 1