#FireJasonGarrett

WizardHawk

What really really sucks ...there is a big chance and a big risk the next coach that comes here is just as big of a dud.  Finding a Super Bowl winning HC is like finding a franchise QB and that seems to be luck more often than not.  This team/fan base just needs something, JG has about as much fire as a glacier. 

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
58 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I don't know.

I think it's too early to judge 2019, without a first round pick. The class was "hamstrung" by the Amari Cooper trade.

And yeah, we missed on Taco, but Chido, Lewis, and Woods all came from 2017. It wasn't a world beater class, certainly, but hardly evidence that we are a "bad" drafting team.

When you are right, you are right. Thats 3 starters from a draft. 

Chido starts, but are we calling him a hit? He's not necessarily a miss, but a hit/starter quality seems gracious too. And Lewis can't seem to get n the field. From that aspect, it's a slightly tainted draft class. 

Edited by WizardHawk

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He kinda has a point. Our past 2 drafts have been uninspiring. 

LVE and Gallup have been very inspiring. Lewis when given the chance to play has been inspiring. Jarwin has shown flashes that everyone can actually believe he can be something much more. Woods has been a rock solid starter for a 6th round pick. I believe we have found 3 to 4 starts in each of those years of drafting. We have been drafting good, you cant probowlers every draft. Also keep in mind it takes a while for any DT to come on not to mention our first rounder went for Cooper who you swore by and it wound up being a terrific addition to our ranks.

Our eye for spotting talent has not slacked off. It has misses but so does every draft. 

• Like 1

Add to this ...

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Chido starts, but are we calling him a hit? He's not necessarily a miss, but a hit/starter quality seems gracious too. And Lewis can't seem to get n the field. From that aspect, it's a slightly tainted draft class. 

I think LVE and Smith have taken a step backwards this year as well. Connor Williams has had numerous issues this year too. So while none of them can be regarded as misses or even not performing well, I don't think any of them have really progressed either. 

I admit this is all probably a little nit-picky, but it has played a role in where we stand too. 

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Add to this ...

I think LVE and Smith have taken a step backwards this year as well. Connor Williams has had numerous issues this year too. So while none of them can be regarded as misses or even not performing well, I don't think any of them have really progressed either. 

I admit this is all probably a little nit-picky, but it has played a role in where we stand too. 

Only Dak, Collins, Jones have actually taken a step forward, and they really took massive leaps.  Jones could be a result of how bad Chido is but for the most part teams do not even bother throwing to his side. Everyone else on this roster either is not getting the type of play time they deserve or has regressed. 

The takes in this thread are hilarious.

It's the draft; some players are going to miss. But if you stack us up against the rest of the league, there are very few teams who can match the success we've had for a decade now.

In the last 10 drafts, we've selected 10 All-Pros. And that doesn't include Dak Prescott or the trade for Amari Cooper, both of who are likely to be All-Pros by the end of the year.

Some people just want to whine.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It's the draft; some players are going to miss. But if you stack us up against the rest of the league, there are very few teams who can match the success we've had for a decade now.

In the last 10 drafts, we've selected 10 All-Pros. And that doesn't include Dak Prescott or the trade for Amari Cooper, both of who are likely to be All-Pros by the end of the year.

My question is Jerry and Stephen gonna botch the wonder duo of Dak and Coop?? Neither are signed past this season. Smfh

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Fun fact:

2019 games played by Trysten Hill for Dallas Cowboys: 4

2019 combined games played by the Patriots' first draft picks every year since 2014: 2

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Fun fact:

2019 games played by Trysten Hill for Dallas Cowboys: 4

2019 combined games played by the Patriots' first draft picks every year since 2014: 2

Fun fact, number of Super Bowl Championships for New England since 2014????

answer: 3 Championships in 4 appearances 

they may suck at drafting, but they get talent when they needed it and know how to use it.

Edited by textaz03

24 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Fun fact, number of Super Bowl Championships for New England since 2014????

answer: 3 Championships in 4 appearances 

they may suck at drafting, but they get talent when they needed it and know how to use it.

Sigh,

Clearly this was directed at the posters discussing how we are a "bad" drafting team. Obviously the Patriots are a superior franchise, but thanks for the reminder. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz